How Many Times Until It Sinks In

muythai2013

so, I am thinking a lot and what I don't get is : why every supersmart farang is buying a house down here ? He can not own it, right ? I am renting 7 or 8 out of twelve months, 1500 US$ per month for a nice, fully, european style, nicely furnished, 2 bedroom, 2 bath house, nice garden, carport, full size complete european kitchen, stainless steel appliances, 2 x 42 inch flatscreen tv, cable, wifi, all utilities, my maid comes in twice a week, doing everything even ironing my shirts, pants, shorts etc sometime even my longsleeve T-shirts and what I pay her is what she saves me just when she goes for me food shopping, best fresh fruit and veggies, best seafood, best meat ( beef or chicken }and what ever, for the rest I have my gf, why buying it just gives you a big headache, not even oxy will help you

and than buy a house for 600 k ozies, you must be insane to do that

45,000 baht for a 2-bed,2 bath?

I have some bad news for you my friend,you can get a 4-bed,4-bath in the suburbs of Bangkok for that sort of money,you are overpaying by about 20,000 baht/month!

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where does someone so naieve get that much money in the first place? Inheritance? Lottery? Is this why you were his friend biggrin.png ??

What house in Thialand costs $600,000 ?? cheesy.gif

Girl #2 coudl be prosecute for fraud - yes Thialand treats fraud as a crime. ....If you lie to extract money form someonie then its criminal fraud. What else do you think "fraud" is?? Why does no one even at least mention the ooption of going down this legal path?? Sick bufflo stories etc are all potential criminal cases. If cops don't want to act then go through a Thai lawyer who can force the cops hand. If you have emails etc then you have evidence. Chances are greater they will suddenly want to pay you back rather then go to jail, but even if you land them in jail at least youve gotten your own self respect back.

I think where the gentleman makes his money is his business, while I agree he is naieve in the matters of love and woman. How he earns his living is his own affair.

Where I do agree with you is on the cost of the house, costing a AU$ 600,000 or my language £400,000 give or take a few quid.

In Chiang Mai, you would be looking at a mansion http://www.jasminehomes.co.th/listingview.php?listingID=983

So yes its possible. I find it inconceivable that you would buy a property and put it in someone elses name with no safeguards and then walk away from it. Id be chained to the front door.

I think there may be more to this story than meets the eye, such as that might be the money he had available plus the other items mentioned and a house was puchased, which of course is different from spending so much on a house and then walking away from it.

Where does someone so naieve get that much money in the first place? Inheritance? Lottery? Is this why you were his friend biggrin.png ??

What house in Thialand costs $600,000 ?? cheesy.gif

Girl #2 coudl be prosecute for fraud - yes Thialand treats fraud as a crime. ....If you lie to extract money form someonie then its criminal fraud. What else do you think "fraud" is?? Why does no one even at least mention the ooption of going down this legal path?? Sick bufflo stories etc are all potential criminal cases. If cops don't want to act then go through a Thai lawyer who can force the cops hand. If you have emails etc then you have evidence. Chances are greater they will suddenly want to pay you back rather then go to jail, but even if you land them in jail at least youve gotten your own self respect back.

There are houses worth more then that in Thailand.

and you really know very little about thai lawyers and the thai police don't you, your funnier then my friend.

Yes there are SOME houses worth more than this but less than a fraction of 1%

And I said why does no one even bring up the option of fraud. I didnt say it was practical etc, but no one ever suggests it or says "why not?" - its as if no one on Thai Visa relaises what "fruad" is & it does nto occur to them. Evenryone seems to talk & type like they think its ***legal*** to lie to extort money from someone. It may be highly impractical trying to take action but it still warrants discussion.

no posters here have ever suggested it's not fraud so your jumping the gun.

We all know what it is, everyone here all know to well as we have heard all the stories.

In my friends case he did not so much as even google if there was something he could do, no calls to a lawyer,nothing.

He just moved on to another woman.

Keep in mind also he is broke so lawyer would be difficult to obtain, do Thai lawyers work Pro bono, ROFL.

Nothing clever about buying a house in someone else's name. On the other hand there's nothing clever about deceiving someone out of all their savings. Disgusting scum that deserve to lead the most miserable life imaginable with their ill gotten gains. smile.png

no offence intended but you sound like man who lost a house.

I don't think this a troll post at all...

I'm sometimes amazed at how dumb some guys in Thailand can be to put up with the blatant shit that happens in relationships over here.

The same goes for Western women - Thai guy relationships but its obviously less common.

Please note - I am in no way suggesting that ALL Thai - Western relationships are failures. :)

"Please note - I am in no way suggesting that ALL Thai - Western relationships are failures. "smile.png

Often wonder about the basis of may of these relationships, Common Interests like sport, current affairs local and international, TV programs Thai soaps V. History.Discovery,Animal Planet, National Geographic.Hard Talk, Panorama, Horizons, Shared memories, Philosophical questions like "Why are you here", Is there a God ?

This assumes aan ability to converse freely, how many can claim that.?

Before anyone points out the obvious even the most vigorous cannot sustain this 24/7.

Edited by corkythecat

Nothing clever about buying a house in someone else's name. On the other hand there's nothing clever about deceiving someone out of all their savings. Disgusting scum that deserve to lead the most miserable life imaginable with their ill gotten gains. no offence intended but you sound like man who lost a house.

Your point being?

"Please note - I am in no way suggesting that ALL Thai - Western relationships are failures. ":)

Often wonder about the basis of may of these relationships, Common Interests like sport, current affairs local and international, TV programs Thai soaps V. History.Discovery,Animal Planet, National Geographic.Hard Talk, Panorama, Horizons, Shared memories, Philosophical questions like "Why are you here", Is there a God ?

Before anyone points out the obvious even the most vigorous cannot sustain this 24/7.

"Please note - I am in no way suggesting that ALL Thai - Western relationships are failures. ":)

Today amongst general chit chat we have discussed Achilles and the city of troy,Thai History.

Little bit on Science,Bacteria being the main subject.

Discussed various foods and other aspects of cultures around the world.

And the usual BS, you may not have met an educated Thai yet.

He spent the better part of 18 million baht on a house for her..............jesus christ the mind boggles.

no, In his mind when he purchased the house he believed they would be together forever.

He told me with absolute certainty they would never break up, I warned him and he got angry at me.

less then 2 weeks later he was out on his ear.

Why would anyone spend 18M on a house they can't own.

2M gets a reasonable house, and you can then repeat your mistake with 8 more girls.

• Like 1