Best Steak In Bkk

deadman

two weeks running now i've had the chargrilled steaks at Sunrise Taco's asoke branch. And i must say that they've been the best steaks I've ever had in BKK, had a tenderlion and fillet, both very tender and with that charcoal grill taste. These are quality oz steaks, come with fries that are made from real pots or a genuine baked pot and chargrilled vege's. Choice of two sauces. And at 480B damn cheap.

we bin eating the mex food at sunrise for 5 years now and never had a bad meal (though i've heard some neg reports from their other branches) Good atmosphere at the asoke branch though, quite nice outside at night, have shisha and also live band on weekends.

cheers

D

M

• Like 2

Steak BKK, Only the NY Steakhouse...

Gaucho's is not bad food - service is total crap..... NY has the best steaks and the best service full stop.

Are you talking about the NY Steakhouse restaurant in the JW Marriott Hotel?

Steak BKK, Only the NY Steakhouse...

Gaucho's is not bad food - service is total crap..... NY has the best steaks and the best service full stop.

Ny steak house

Steak with a lobster on top..

Damaged the credit card that night

Yes. There is no better option. Great steaks cooked perfectly, great sides, great martini's and great service from the girls smile.png

Now I didn't say it was cheap smile.png

Edited by negreanu

Wife and I tried El Gauchos last night and was impressed with the service and the food Both had steaks with five side orders a couple of beers for me and couple of glasses of wine for her. Bin came to a little over 5000 thb. The wife and I really enjoyed it but just make sure you hit the ATM or have a credit card before you go. I'm going back.

Edited by pmarlin

Wife and I tried El Gauchos last night and was impressed with the service and the food Both had steaks with five side orders a couple of beers for me and couple of glasses of wine for her. Bin came to a little over 5000 thb. The wife and I really enjoyed it but just make sure you hit the ATM or have a credit card before you go. I'm going back.

Tonight try NY Steakhouse if you think El Gauchos is good.

I like a good steak, but 5000 baht for one? Yikes! I can get a couple kilos of good NZ steak for that kind of money and BBQ at home. I know going out is nice, and I do it sometimes, but paying a couple hundred dollars for dinner, even though I can very much afford it, kinda goes against how I was raised. Wish I could feel less guilty about spending money that way...haha.

• Like 1

I like a good steak, but 5000 baht for one? Yikes! I can get a couple kilos of good NZ steak for that kind of money and BBQ at home. I know going out is nice, and I do it sometimes, but paying a couple hundred dollars for dinner, even though I can very much afford it, kinda goes against how I was raised. Wish I could feel less guilty about spending money that way...haha.

I know exactly how you feel.

I travel back and forward between aus and thailand for work month to month.

I used to go out to the expensive steak houses in bkk and buy imported aus steaks and wine.

Yes the meals are good and so is the atmosphere, but I've pretty much stopped because the markup is insane and severely detracts from the dining experience.

What is a standard pub meal in aus is a 7000baht high dining affair in thailand.

Bugger that.

It was for two, The wife and I.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Wont rank as best in BKK but Santa Fe Steakhouse in Esplanade. Far better than Sizzler and about b400 I recall. Veggie and potsto I recall. Service, fast but not polite. More an eating stop than a real a real resty.

Not R Cris but hey, people dpend that at McDs.

I've been told the best place for steak in Bangkok is Artur restaurant. Considering it's owned by the man responsible for running some of the city's top hotel restaurants - including New York Steakhouse at the JW Marriott - your gonna be in pretty safe hands.

I went to Neil's Tavern once. It wasn't good. They buy frozen steaks, which is never a good start.

I wouldn't bother with Chokchai either; another overhyped joke of a steakhouse.

Best steak I've had was in Paris, but that's kind of irrelevant....

Enjoy. thumbsup.gif

• 7 months later...

If you like steaks back home you will like this cuisine 110% a KLONG LOAD NIGHT MARKET walking distance from Khoasan Road. Best Steak I tried so so far. All the food is great. I'm so chocked eating at this place 2nd the and time and its always full.

So you go there order what you want, then goes for a walk in the market for 15-20 min and after there is a free table and you get your food. I'm not sure if the Thai owner lived abroad learning how do do, studied, or just got the best cooking book in the world. but I tell you its delicious. and not costly 110 baht for the pork steak, 80 baht for the cheese spinach pie, 50 Bah for the gigantic salad,110 baht for the pork chop dish.10 baht for water

Open every night from 6PM-10PM. just one thing is minus - You don't wan to eat and look at your side if you hate the small black smelly rivers inside Bangkok wai.gif

post-198208-0-93652400-1390323429_thumb.

post-198208-0-85379600-1390323825_thumb.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Went to Hugo Bar & Eatery last week.. It's located somewhere in ekkamai soi 12 opp vanilla garden restaurant. They serve classic dishes like duck confit, beer battered fish & chips.. Loved the fish & chips.. It's not the dory fish that most restaurants uses.. Not really sure what was it but tasted awesome.. Nice dessert there too.. Ordered salted caramel brioche toast with vanilla ice cream.. Go try serious! It's good.. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• 4 weeks later...

two weeks running now i've had the chargrilled steaks at Sunrise Taco's asoke branch. And i must say that they've been the best steaks I've ever had in BKK, had a tenderlion and fillet, both very tender and with that charcoal grill taste. These are quality oz steaks, come with fries that are made from real pots or a genuine baked pot and chargrilled vege's. Choice of two sauces. And at 480B <deleted> cheap.

we bin eating the mex food at sunrise for 5 years now and never had a bad meal (though i've heard some neg reports from their other branches) Good atmosphere at the asoke branch though, quite nice outside at night, have shisha and also live band on weekends.

Based on the OP's description, some folks might think he was talking about the Sunrise Taco's branch in the Terminal 21 mall at the corner of Asoke and Sukhumvit Roads.

But instead, based on his comments about "nice outside at night" and "live band on weekends," he's clearly talking about the original Sunrise branch at Sukhumvit Soi 10, which is a few blocks down Sukhumvit Road from Asoke.

I'm not sure either branch fits into the "best steak in BKK" category, but the offerings at the Soi 10 branch are likely to be, and are in in my experience, much better than some of the other branches including T21.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes. There is no better option. Great steaks cooked perfectly, great sides, great martini's and great service from the girls smile.png

Now I didn't say it was cheap smile.png

Great service...do you mean under the table?

Totally agree...I too could afford such a meal (and it was for two steaks, sides, and drinks) but paying that much just rubs me the wrong way. I know quality imported food is expensive and it's not like they're gouging per say but still can't do it. The most I would pay for any meal in Thailand is B 2500 for two (not including alcohol, which I don't drink in any case).

Also note the reference to a credit card...many people use them to buy expensive dinners on time...can't really afford to lay out the cash to eat at these places.

Edited by OMGImInPattaya

• 3 weeks later...

Totally agree...I too could afford such a meal (and it was for two steaks, sides, and drinks) but paying that much just rubs me the wrong way. I know quality imported food is expensive and it's not like they're gouging per say but still can't do it. The most I would pay for any meal in Thailand is B 2500 for two (not including alcohol, which I don't drink in any case).

Also note the reference to a credit card...many people use them to buy expensive dinners on time...can't really afford to lay out the cash to eat at these places.

Many of the malls have all you can eat BBQ, at higher end places, (not BBQ Plaza),

there is a Japanese BBQ that I frequented weekly, had the best Au and NY steaks, rib eye's. and you grill them yourself,

two people with desert, salads, veggies, soup, 1120 baht inc. service charge