Serious Question: Is Tv - Cm Forum Now, Less Funny Than Before?

OldChinaHam

This is a serious question for my grad thesis on male bonding and ways in which forum humor can be influenced by the real world environment outside the virtual forum, i.e how humor changes over time as the local environment changes.

This TV forum is already pretty funny now.

But how funny was it last year, 3 years ago, and before that?

I find TV for the best part either juvenile or chest puffing. I guess if one goes to the farming section, as an example, there are some genuinely interested guys but the rest is just testosterone based macho stuff.

I don't find it very funny in general but I have been told I have no sense of humor, so maybe it's just me. I agree with the chest thumping self aggrandizing comment. I appreciate when people share helpful information and have been helped on numerous occasions when I have a question.

Otherwise, it seems like a lot of ball busting and ego trips....

• Like 2

I find TV for the best part either juvenile or chest puffing. I guess if one goes to the farming section, as an example, there are some genuinely interested guys but the rest is just testosterone based macho stuff. TD is better .

Don't necessarily agree the juvenile or chest pumping fully, but it must be some test you are doing lasting 6 years and covering 2300 self made posts, and still reading the juvenile retorts and chest pumping.

smile.png

• Like 1

A joke is not funny anymore when it is explained.

An explanation will be funny when it's a joke at the same time.

And also, why is it funny?

By not explaining the origins of the fun and understanding the tongue on cheeck factor the fun remains to keep it's strength and meaning.

I find TV for the best part either juvenile or chest puffing. I guess if one goes to the farming section, as an example, there are some genuinely interested guys but the rest is just testosterone based macho stuff. TD is better .

Don't necessarily agree the juvenile or chest pumping fully, but it must be some test you are doing lasting 6 years and covering 2300 self made posts, and still reading the juvenile retorts and chest pumping.

smile.png

This is a nice example:

Machocool.png .

Edited by Dancealot

I find TV for the best part either juvenile or chest puffing.

Right, but those feeling the need for some chest puffing are ALSO funny, just by themselves without even knowing it. I sometimes read posts that are *SO* insane that I can't help but smile. Then I click 'Like' on those posts. Not because they made sense in any way, but because I had to laugh at them.

As for lady posters, not many of them even understand the male bonding part. They genuinely don't understand why anyone wouldn't just stick to questions & factual answers on a forum. Their straightness however is sometimes funny again.

I'm easily amused.

• Like 2

I think there are plenty of amusing posters on TV, but possibly fewer than in 'the old days', pre-Global-Economic-Collapse.

I always knew that 'they' couldn't run the World properly without me, it now appears that I was right ! tongue.png

This forum used to be a lot more amusing a few years ago when more people were contributing to it.Now it seems there are a half a dozen or so members that reply to almost every topic.One very amusing Australian member was sadly killed in an aircraft accident a year or so ago and is sadly missed. As far as I can see there is only one member here on TV that always makes me smile by his humorous and clever writing is ORANG37.

Disclaimer...I have no financial involvement or business dealings with this member but he is amusing to read!

CM forum has always been pretty mellow but TV in general: it was pretty good a couple/three years in, when there were many offbeat (mostly now banned) members and one could almost say what they wanted without fear of being chastised by that odd breed (and, dare I say it, before the serious wonga started rolling in for a certain Swede whistling.gif ).

• Like 1

fun·ny
1 [fuhn-ee] Show IPA adjective, fun·ni·er,fun·ni·est, noun, plural fun·nies.

adjective
providing fun; causing amusement or laughter; amusing;comical: a funny remark; a funny person.

attempting to amuse; facetious: Did you really mean that or wereyou just being funny?

warranting suspicion; deceitful; underhanded: We thought therewas something funny about those extra charges.

Informal. insolent; impertinent: Don't get funny with me, young man!

curious; strange; peculiar; odd: Her speech has a funny twang.