Yingluck Urges Thai Workers To Upgrade Skills

webfact

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is very little incentive for the average Thai to go to college or upgrade their skills. It will do little or nothing to get them beyond an office job making 20-25,000 a month. Meanwhile, the elite business owners make fortunes by charging western prices but paying workers Thai salaries. I'm still flabbergasted that Thailand, a country with a tourist and agrarian economy, has 10 billionaires.

Sitting at home or earning 9000 is much better than earning 20 000-25 000thumbsup.gif

Not long ago our landlord decided the back sliding glass door/window needed security mesh (also sliding). His tradesman drilled 36 holes for dyna-bolts in the floor tiles and wall before deciding that it would be better outside the house.

Small thingsgiggle.gif

My team of professionals were tiling the floor, all tiles were yellowish color, which they finished(as they broke half of them) so they went and bought more and finished up the job ONLY to have the "more" they bought were white, so half the floor was yellowish and half white.

They were very proud to show me the finished job, only to be disappointed when i refused to accept multi colored floor.

The punchline was, when i asked them why would they buy different color tiles? the response was the guy who they sent to buy was colorblind(as in really he was colorblind)

Edited by lemoncake
  • Like 1

Not long ago our landlord decided the back sliding glass door/window needed security mesh (also sliding). His tradesman drilled 36 holes for dyna-bolts in the floor tiles and wall before deciding that it would be better outside the house.

Small thingsgiggle.gif

My team of professionals were tiling the floor, all tiles were yellowing color, which they finished(as they broke half of them) so they went and bought more and finished up the job ONLY to have the "more" they bought were white, so half the floor was yellowish and half white.

They were very proud to show me the finished job, only to be disappointed when i refused to accept multi colored floor.

The punchline was, when i asked them why would they buy different color tiles? the response was the guy who they sent to buy was colorblind(as in really he was colorblind)

Never considered taking one tile along to match.

Small thingsgiggle.gif

My team of professionals were tiling the floor, all tiles were yellowing color, which they finished(as they broke half of them) so they went and bought more and finished up the job ONLY to have the "more" they bought were white, so half the floor was yellowish and half white.

I distinctly remember buying tiles for a job, and buying one pack to many to cover breakages.

On returning from work to see the floor with 3 chipped tile in the floor I asked, why didn't you use the extra ones? I thought you wouldn't notice. What's the point, one can only ask?

Small thingsgiggle.gif

Most likely would work if he was not colorblindbiggrin.png

But why on earth out of 5 people, would you send a color blind guy to buy matching tilesw00t.gif

Small thingsgiggle.gif

Most likely would work if he was not colorblindbiggrin.png

But why on earth out of 5 people, would you send a color blind guy to buy matching tilesw00t.gif

How about "mai pen rai"? smile.png