Grumpy Expat Car Drivers From Hell

manarak

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Motorbikes need to stay in the far left and never deviate out of that little lane for them.

Speaking of crazy drivers though, I had to hit the brakes 3 times with one idiot this afternoon to get him off my tail, the first time I heard the screech of his tyres, that always makes me smile. Third time he pulled out and around as he got an eye full of my middle finger.

Earlier today another regular idiot that does the same xxxx every day behind me, he was in front this time and I saw him do it to 3 other cars, then over take 2 on a sharp bend with oncoming traffic, then a couple hundred metres later on a straight stretch pass another 2 cars with oncoming traffic. This is not a wide road.

You deliberately hit the brakes (I assume aggressively) to cause grief to the person behind you? I would consider this sort of action a classic case of road rage and at least as bad as the idiot in the OP that swerved to prevent him passing. In fact, your example of hitting the brakes to scare a motorist behind you would be classed as manslaughter or murder if you were unfortunate enough to cause a death as a result of your imbecilic actions.

Ironically you seem to think you had every right to take this action and then give the "offender" your middle finger. The mind boggles!

Tell me about it, it's amazing what people consider to be normal behavior.blink.png It's a real shame we have to share the roads with complete tools like these.

i dont like motor bike drivers here, for some reason both thai's feel that when their on a motorbike the rules of the road do not apply to them. small list of the many things i dont like about motorbikes

passing on the left

riding on the sidewalk

riding between cars

driving down the wrong side of the road to avoid a u-turn

moving out to on coming traffic to pass when their are cars coming in the opposite direction

playing chicken with said on coming traffic

staring down said on coming traffic

pulling up on the left of cars on u turns and then making a sharp turn as to block cars from making the turn in time

pulling up on the left of cars making a uturn and blocking their view of traffic

long story short OP, i have no sympathy

i dont like motor bike drivers here, for some reason both thai's feel that when their on a motorbike the rules of the road do not apply to them. small list of the many things i dont like about motorbikes

passing on the left

riding on the sidewalk

riding between cars

moving out to on coming traffic to pass when their are cars coming in the opposite direction

pulling up on the left of cars on u turns and then making a sharp turn as to block cars from making the turn in time

pulling up on the left of cars making a uturn and blocking their view of traffic

outed Grumpy Expact Car Driver count so far: 8
  • Like 1

passing on the left

riding on the sidewalk

riding between cars

Grumpy yes, old no. Unless 32 is considered old

Safe or not, legal or illegal, the bloody farang is not authorized to "enforce" his personal interpretation of traffic laws. Not in Thailand. Not in Blighty. Not in "saha rot". I suggest a loaded 9mm with a silencer to be used as you see fit on such pathetic, little-dicked vigilante enforcers. That's how I handled it anyway. Never found the need to actually pull the trigger as once I stopped them (I drove a black Benz 600 with deeply tinted windows in Thailand) they were invariably reduced to a blithering wet faced mess. When instructed to exit their broke-assed Honda or Mitsubishi many bore the signs of incontinence 555555 bunch pissants

passing on the left

riding on the sidewalk

riding between cars

32 is obviously not too young for senility... nowhere did I accuse the Grumpy Expat Car Driver of being old.

Motorbikes need to stay in the far left and never deviate out of that little lane for them.

Speaking of crazy drivers though, I had to hit the brakes 3 times with one idiot this afternoon to get him off my tail, the first time I heard the screech of his tyres, that always makes me smile. Third time he pulled out and around as he got an eye full of my middle finger.

Earlier today another regular idiot that does the same xxxx every day behind me, he was in front this time and I saw him do it to 3 other cars, then over take 2 on a sharp bend with oncoming traffic, then a couple hundred metres later on a straight stretch pass another 2 cars with oncoming traffic. This is not a wide road.

You deliberately hit the brakes (I assume aggressively) to cause grief to the person behind you? I would consider this sort of action a classic case of road rage and at least as bad as the idiot in the OP that swerved to prevent him passing. In fact, your example of hitting the brakes to scare a motorist behind you would be classed as manslaughter or murder if you were unfortunate enough to cause a death as a result of your imbecilic actions.

Ironically you seem to think you had every right to take this action and then give the "offender" your middle finger. The mind boggles!

You must be one of those tail gaters that needs to be shown NOT to tail gate.

But congratulations, you are the first thai driver apologist I have ever seen.

If a Thai driver drives to close and I brake, for fun, or for real and he cannot stop in time to cause an accident, it is his problem not mine.

To apologise for an idiot that drives so close to you that he can cause an accident for no other reason than his own ignorant stupidity, is simply amazing.

I love hitting the brakes and watching the imbeciles squirm.

Safe or not, legal or illegal, the bloody farang is not authorized to "enforce" his personal interpretation of traffic laws. Not in Thailand. Not in Blighty. Not in "saha rot". I suggest a loaded 9mm with a silencer to be used as you see fit on such pathetic, little-dicked vigilante enforcers. That's how I handled it anyway. Never found the need to actually pull the trigger as once I stopped them (I drove a black Benz 600 with deeply tinted windows in Thailand) they were invariably reduced to a blithering wet faced mess. When instructed to exit their broke-assed Honda or Mitsubishi many bore the signs of incontinence 555555 bunch pissants

Tough guy alert.

• Like 1

...not much sympathy here for farang motocy drivers, who in my experience pose a far greater threat to pedestrians just trying to get across the road, than do most Thai pilots. Very aggressive; see an "open patch" of road ahead and accelerate to deny anyone else the use of it, including people waiting for a gap so they can get across; WAY too fast on the small, narrow sois; absurd speeds just inches from pedestrians going the same way doing their level best to negotiate whatever's left over after the food carts, parked service trucks, and traffic going the other way... If motos want more consideration from 4-wheel drivers, maybe they should show some to those on foot...

outed GECD count ++ (6 I think)

come on do you really think many of those foreigners drive sensible in Pattaya ? Talking those drunk tourists ect.

no, but putting all MC drivers in the same bag is not helpful at all, and hawker's post seems to aim to find excuses for the GECD behavior towards MC drivers based on his very subjective perception of MC drivers' behavior towards pedestrians. Sort of when he is driving a car he takes revenge on MC drivers for what they inflict on him when he is walking...

LOL. No, not "excusing" the GECD behavior, as it was described, by any means. (And if that driver is behaving that way routinely, it'll probably catch up to him one day...) Nice try, though. Thank-you for playing. I was particularly entertained by your assumptions regarding MY driving. But one generalization is probably near as valid as the other. Also, OP is telling one side of the story here. Amazing how often there's another... I'm not sure a whole lot of farangs driving motorbikes, let alone anything bigger, in Thailand, should be doing so in the first place. Now if you've got a problem with pedestrians, drunk, old, not steady on their feet for whatever reason, or just behaving "unpredictably" in order to cross the road... I have to wonder: would you RATHER they were driving?!

If a Thai driver drives to close and I brake, for fun, or for real and he cannot stop in time to cause an accident, it is his problem not mine.

To apologise for an idiot that drives so close to you that he can cause an accident for no other reason than his own ignorant stupidity, is simply amazing.

Thanks for the response that confirms the tenor of you first posting and leaves no doubt that your described actions were aggressive.

passing on the left

riding on the sidewalk

riding between cars

Grumpy at 32? Someone's lived a miserable life lol

Moron alert!!! You're just as bad if not worse.

Tail gater alert.

Any and all car drivers who purposely hinder motorbike riders in any way are XXXXX.

Exactly! Take note itchybum. thumbsup.gif

The opinions of abusive people are easily ignored.

Personally, I would take the safety of motorcyclists more seriously if they did.

Tail gater alert.

Oh right! of course, like I would be that idiotic to play chicken with 2000 pounds of steel moving at 60kms an hour, whilst sitting

exposed on a tiny moped. You seriously need your head examined, as only lunatics play stupid, dangerous games like you on the roads.

You really should worry more about the safety of people in front of you, and on either side of your killing machine, as opposed to worrying about who might be tail gating you. It's because of people like you that there are so many deadly accidents on our streets.

Edited by Jayroo

Any and all car drivers who purposely hinder motorbike riders in any way are <deleted>.

Personally, I would take the safety of motorcyclists more seriously if they did.

So by your logic and statement you are blatantly saying that you would purposely try and run off all moped riders just because they use street smarts and common sense to over take you?

Any and all car drivers who purposely hinder motorbike riders in any way are <deleted>.

So by your logic and statement you are blatantly saying that you would purposely try and run off all moped riders just because they use street smarts and common sense to over take you?

No. I'm saying that the safety of motorcyclists is low on my list of priorities because it seems to be low on theirs. Motorcyclists behind me can look out for themselves. Those ahead of me, I will look after. Motorcyclists behind me should assume that I have not seen them, because it is probably true, and if they ignore my indicators, then their ignorance is the problem.

SC

• Like 1

Thats a good point; though the problem with it is that a 16 year old screaming through the traffic rides quite differently than a 50 year old who recognises he might get a 'hurtin' real bad' and thus rides far more conscientiously - Unfortunately many / most car drivers (I'm I'm also guilty of this) tend to group the motorcyclists (small bikes, 110cc etc) as reckless ants filtering through the traffic...

Cars on the other hand are viewed upon as the enemy by many bike riders.... and lets face it, we, as car drivers can often afford moments of relaxed concentration the motorcycle riders can't.

Some cars are careful and considerate of all others, some aren't. However, if one car cuts off a motorcycle all car drivers will get tarnished with the same reputation by the motorcyclist.

The only safe way to ride a motorcycle is to assume all other road users are complete idiots (that's also true for cars).

So we have this animosity between motorcyclists and car drivers where to the car drivers the motorcyclists are annoying and get in the way, and to the motorcyclists the car drivers are dangerous and careless.

In reality, most road users are considerate - its the 5 or 10% who ruin it for everyone, all those unwritten rules and opinions are based on the lowest common denominator. When traffic rules are not enforced, this group of 'lowest common denominators' get away with poorer driving.

I use my dash cam to video my driving, this at least protects me from any portion of the blame when a motorcyclist (or other car) make a mistake.

• Like 2

I never said I do it to motorbikes.

As long as the bikes stay in their respective corner to the left, then they are not an issue and in fact I have never had a motorbike tail gate me. So learn to read chumps.

Tail gater alert.

Oh right! of course, like I would be that idiotic to play chicken with 2000 pounds of steel moving at 60kms an hour, whilst sitting

exposed on a tiny moped. You seriously need your head examined, as only lunatics play stupid, dangerous games like you on the roads.

You really should worry more about the safety of people in front of you, and on either side of your killing machine, as opposed to worrying about who might be tail gating you. It's because of people like you that there are so many deadly accidents on our streets.

You need to learn to read.

You also need to understand.

I would possibly like to point out that it is because of idiots like tail gaters, that accidents occur on our streets. They are the ones travelling at 100k's so close they cannot stop.

But you seem unable to recognise that, which makes you a prime candidate for one of those retards that cannot think.

I actually enjoy riding my motorbike in the Thai traffic. It's much more interesting than driving in North America where everyone mostly follows the laws. If you don't follow the laws then eventually you will get a ticket, and not some 200 to 400 baht ticket. It will cost a minimum of $250 (6500 baht)

Besides, what is the rush trying to get around Pattaya? It's a small city and even in heavy traffic it hardly takes more than 20 minutes to get from one end to the other. Those that choose to drive cars have to accept the problem of traffic and parking. It goes with the territory. People in New York or London don't take their cars to town.

I havent been in thailand long, but i was in a taxi the other week to bang kapi (about twenty minute ride through chockablock streets), and learned a couple of things about the chaos of driving in thailand from my taxi driver.

First thing, not once ever did this guy use an indicator.

Second, hed pull out somewhat regardless of what was coming.

Third, he was extremely patient of people doing the same thing. While im sat their giving it my best "woah!" every time some idiot performs an action that would probably lead to fisticuffs on the roadside back in the UK, hes not even flinching.

Fourth, he used his passenger side mirror FAR more than anyone else ive ever driven with.

Finally, the only time i saw him use his horn was whilst stuck in traffic a dude with a 4 by 4 in front of him was clearly not far enough to the right to let the bikes through. I had a wee look around, and sure enough, almost everyone leaves room in dense traffic for the bikes. Its strangely heartening. The first impression is that its a gigantic cluster***k of lawlessness and selfishness, but a wee scratch under the surface and you realise theres some kind of unwritten code that everyone apparently knows.

Its kinda like in Korea. As a brit, you give people space when theyre buying their stuff at their local convenience store. Clearly youre queueuing. But to a korean person youre in some kind of no mans land, neither buying stuff, but nonetheless hovering near enough to the cashier, getting in the way of the people trying to buy stuff. You can get mad at koreans for not following the right rules or you can accept that youre the idiot making everyone else confused by your complete failure to grasp how to buy your groceries like the rest of the country.

• Like 1

I havent been in thailand long, but i was in a taxi the other week to bang kapi (about twenty minute ride through chockablock streets), and learned a couple of things about the chaos of driving in thailand from my taxi driver.

Third, he was extremely patient of people doing the same thing. While im sat their giving it my best "woah!" every time some idiot performs an action that would probably lead to fisticuffs on the roadside back in the UK, hes not even flinching.

Fourth, he used his passenger side mirror FAR more than anyone else ive ever driven with.

Finally, the only time i saw him use his horn was whilst stuck in traffic a dude with a 4 by 4 in front of him was clearly not far enough to the right to let the bikes through. I had a wee look around, and sure enough, almost everyone leaves room in dense traffic for the bikes. Its strangely heartening. The first impression is that its a gigantic cluster***k of lawlessness and selfishness, but a wee scratch under the surface and you realise theres some kind of unwritten code that everyone apparently knows.

Its kinda like in Korea. As a brit, you give people space when theyre buying their stuff at their local convenience store. Clearly youre queueuing. But to a korean person youre in some kind of no mans land, neither buying stuff, but nonetheless hovering near enough to the cashier, getting in the way of the people trying to buy stuff. You can get mad at koreans for not following the right rules or you can accept that youre the idiot making everyone else confused by your complete failure to grasp how to buy your groceries like the rest of the country.

Excellent analysis! You'll do well in Thailand as you've grasped in one taxi ride some of the most pertinent things that any foreigner needs to know about driving a car or riding a bike!

I never said I do it to motorbikes.

As long as the bikes stay in their respective corner to the left, then they are not an issue and in fact I have never had a motorbike tail gate me. So learn to read chumps.

>>

Tail gater alert.

You need to learn to read.

You also need to understand.

I would possibly like to point out that it is because of idiots like tail gaters, that accidents occur on our streets. They are the ones travelling at 100k's so close they cannot stop.

But you seem unable to recognise that, which makes you a prime candidate for one of those retards that cannot think.

I've avoided 100s of accidents in the LOS (touch wood) because I DO think! and do think of everyone else on the roads as morons, and will continue to do so.

Edited by Jayroo
  • Like 1

If only most of the grumpy old xxxxx that sit behind the wheel of car in LOS employed these same methods as this smart taxi driver. This is how people SHOULD drive, with empathy.

Edited by metisdead
Obscenity

MY husband say's, The first thing is DON'T overtake on the left when cars are moving, olny when cars have stoped is ok,

The next thing you shold do is keep a copy of thai road rules both in thai and english under your motor bike seat and in the car just in case of an accident and you hear AAHHH YOU FALANG YOU PAY!!!