How Tight Is Your Girlfriend?

How tight is your girlfriend?

May, I seen some fiscally conservative people … but my gf takes the cake … man she’s tight !

Seriously, she has to have some Scottish lineage ... w00t.gif

I’m currently enjoying her company in my home country.

Last night she had a bath … water was left overnight so that she could water the plants in the morning.

The GladWrap (plastic food wrap) is saved and used again.

She reminds me that nothing is wasted at the farm … and apparently not at our home here either.

The Supermarkets catalogues are gone through with an eagle eye and the specials are circled.

I overheard her say to a friend when someone asked her does she take care of my money (is she careful not to spend to much?) … she laughed and replied, “Hell No … He has no money to take care of … 555” ... tongue.png

How tight is your girl?

Edited by David48
  • Like 2

Mine had little tuperware tubs for any left over chilli, sugar or vinegar when we took takeaway food home.

A bath? gosh your sounds like high maintenance a blue bucket is all she wanted, it's too hot to have hot showers so whats the point she would say.

I just wish the MIL was the same or we woud still be together.

• Like 2

There are all Thai style habits, like wrapping the remote in plastic

Yes a lot of those plastic habits come to mind.

For instance here in the living room everything is in plastic. When relatives come over Grandma will slowly descent on the still shrink-wrapped purple leather couch producing that awfull moving plastic sound.

I think being tight is a good thing. But sometimes they go very, very far to the extremes, even.

Your bath tub example sounds too far fetched at first. But when you think of it she has actually got a good point!

Thanks

Edited by Dancealot
  • Like 2

Does seemed to be ingrained that plastic covering thing.

Had to go to a Hospital last year (in Thailand) and they still had the plastic covering on the waiting room seats.

At the Farmhouse, most of the photo framed photos are wrapped in plastic ... but that is apparently to stop the sparrows sh*it*ing on them.

• Like 1

A cat I had got an infection in its tail after a fight with another cat. Took it to the Vet. and she applied some antiseptic cream and wrapped the cats tail in plastic wrap and told me to leave it like that.

When I finally removed it, the poor cats tail was rotten to the bone. Took it to another Vet and he cut the tale off.

As for Thai girls....tight is good.

Edited by ExpatOilWorker
  • Like 1

Very frugal she is. Its a good thing. Wait till she starts work in Australia David. Compares every cent to the baht. I mean everything, oooow, 20dollars, that's 600baht, not buy.

• Like 2

No plastic in our house. We even removed all plastic from the car seats before we left the dealer. We do keep protective film on the iPhone screens and replace as needed but that is about it. I guess I live in a different Thailand.wink.png

• Like 1

Had to go to a Hospital last year (in Thailand) and they still had the plastic covering on the waiting room seats.

At the Farmhouse, most of the photo framed photos are wrapped in plastic ... but that is apparently to stop the sparrows sh*it*ing on them.

Does anybody else out there share my secret delight in pulling the plastic wrapping off the TVs that have stood there through countless years and customers when visiting a Thai hotel/resort? I like to be the one who experiences the just-like-new look.

Im surprised Thai manufactureres dont sell TVs with non-removeable cling film wrappings.

I do!

Once i took the the corner of the protective plastic on the phone of a friend.

Walked up to him and looked him in the eye and kept staring in his eyes while i slowly ripped of the plastic right in front of him.

His reaction was,..aaaaaAAAAAAAARGH. Slap!

I like your gf even though I don't know her although there is being frugal and tight.

Re-using bath water etc. is becoming common practice in UK as water bills soar and grey water as its calls is harvested but not left in baths!

Good on her.

Get her to sign up and post her ideas on a separate thread do we can share ideas of how to save money,

• Like 1

Fair play to your good lady David thumbsup.gif

Better to have a lady that has a respect for money and the environment than one that doesn't and squanders it with out a care.

Recycling is also very common in Thailand and nothing goes to waste...especially in our house.

We used to have some old concrete water pipe sections that were used as flower pots,personally I hated the ugly things and ended up buying some nice decorative planters.

I thought to myself ...' great,finally rid of the grey monsters' thumbsup.gif

They are now out back and are used as nests for the chickens blink.png

Had to smile,can't argue with recycling.

• Like 1

She turns off the gas while she's turning the bacon over.

She pockets the tip left on the table just before leaving, without anyone noticing.

I do the Bacon thing.

Pre-heating the Oven ... a waste.

But, if the service is good, we leave a tip ... we are tight asses ... but the hole's not sewn over!

Does anybody else out there share my secret delight in pulling the plastic wrapping off the TVs that have stood there through countless years and customers when visiting a Thai hotel/resort? I like to be the one who experiences the just-like-new look.

Im surprised Thai manufactureres dont sell TVs with non-removeable cling film wrappings.

I do!

Once i took the the corner of the protective plastic on the phone of a friend.

Walked up to him and looked him in the eye and kept staring in his eyes while i slowly ripped of the plastic right in front of him.

His reaction was,..aaaaaAAAAAAAARGH. Slap!

What a rebel you are...

For instance here in the living room everything is in plastic. When relatives come over Grandma will slowly descent on the still shrink-wrapped purple leather couch producing that awfull moving plastic sound.

Imagine the giddy heights of real rebellion you could reach if you weren't terrified of your missus!!!

There are all Thai style habits, like wrapping the remote in plastic

Wrapping up your tools whilst in Thailand is a good idea.

You're a lucky fellow to have more than one

EDIT: Reminds me of a 4.2 litre Jaguar

Edited by StreetCowboy

The wife tries to save/re-use everything. I've found the best solution is to periodically, when she's out, to go around the house and throw out the accumulations. As for tight, the MIL defines the meaning of tight.

Sent from my PC36100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

You see this a lot with older American who grew up during the depression. It does annoy me that there is always this accumulation of junk everywhere here. I let my girl run the house. (Not that I have much choice) She's very thrifty. When we move on to the next rental I'll throw out all the junk.

The plastic thing seems popular all over Asia and here in Middle East too.

An Indian friend of mine explained to me that with car seats, perhaps some sofas and things like that they keep it wrapped to 'protect' it. i.e. it won't get ruined (during the warranty period, for instance) so when you finally take the plastic off 6, 9, 12 months later you have a brand new item even though it's been used for a fair while