Anyone Here Not In Thailand?, But Still Posts Regularly? Who?

"Are all those posters really Scottish?."

Since I like Scottish personalities, I hope so.

(Did I just misspeak and say "personalities"? Too late to change it now, I guess.)

Edited by OldChinaHam

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am not a super regular poster but I don't live in Thailand

I live in Dubai but spend a fair bit of time in Thailand and have done for near 18 years

and have some friends spending a lot of time there and other people I know

I would never claim to be living in Thailand if I wasn't, what would the point of that?

I didn't think for one second that everyone on here is living in Thailand nor do I care if they are/aren't.

I guess if I asked for travel info then it's better to listen to the person that lives in Thailand

that I can gauge from their posts they live there or some info about pubs or happy hours then of course

someone on the ground would be better to listen to .. I am not sure anyone would lie in that situation though tbh

I am living in Pattaya now , and it is not a part of Thailand when I last checked.

So I am not living in Thailand , still find this forum useful .

I live in Dubai but spend a fair bit of time in Thailand and have done for near 18 years

I would never claim to be living in Thailand if I wasn't, what would the point of that?

I didn't think for one second that everyone on here is living in Thailand nor do I care if they are/aren't.

I guess if I asked for travel info then it's better to listen to the person that lives in Thailand

that I can gauge from their posts they live there or some info about pubs or happy hours then of course

someone on the ground would be better to listen to .. I am not sure anyone would lie in that situation though tbh

I think it would matter more when they were last in the pub, regardless of where they lived, if you were interested in happy hour times. I expect a lot of tourists travel round the kingdom more than most of the people who live there.

SC

• Like 1

I see. You mean I should use the tools provided to quote the addressee if I wish to address correctly?

Believe me, I would be very happy to do so but I just can't figure out all the software yet.

Also, I have heard from others that the quoting software may have bugs in it and need "sorting" whatever that means.

Please just give me a few days to practice. But I am also fearful if I practice "live" then I may screw up the forum somehow.

You can see the predicament in which I find myself.

But I will try.

The fonts, I probably cannot help, long-term.

I spell like an ape, and I know it.

I always have. And I am sure I always will.

But again, I will try.

Wyoming is truly a beautiful gem of a state.

If you can't be in Thailand, then the next best place may be Wyoming.

Just watch out for the rattlers, and snakes.

Rattlers ?? Snakes ??? old ladies with hip transplants? snakes I understandbiggrin.png

I see. You mean I should use the tools provided to quote the addressee if I wish to address correctly?

Believe me, I would be very happy to do so but I just can't figure out all the software yet.

Also, I have heard from others that the quoting software may have bugs in it and need "sorting" whatever that means.

Please just give me a few days to practice. But I am also fearful if I practice "live" then I may screw up the forum somehow.

You can see the predicament in which I find myself.

But I will try.

The fonts, I probably cannot help, long-term.

I spell like an ape, and I know it.

I always have. And I am sure I always will.

But again, I will try.

In respect, you should. Or i will not reply you.

wai.gif

There once was an old duff named Liam

Who was sure that he lived in Siam

But he awoke one morn shocked and forlorn

to learn that he never left his homeland... smile.png

Have you ever tried to make a living with your poetry? biggrin.png

No - I haven't tried - I'd probably starve ... just having a little fun with a Limerick

That seems to be more of a limerick rather than any serious attempt at poetry.

To write a limerick he'd strive

As a poet, to keep alive

But one thing he'd forget

Which kept him forever in debt

A limerick's lines number five.

• Like 2

That seems to be more of a limerick rather than any serious attempt at poetry.

Nah 5 lines in a limerick..

See - I'd starve even trying to write Limericks for a living ...

Poetry is not my strength, however I humbly submit the following for your amusement:

There was an old Farang called Billy

Who acted exceedingly silly.

He went to Pattaya

..and fell in a fire

And burnt all the skin off his willy

Very good - made me laugh .. So - I now challenge anyone to edit my Limrick post about the 'old duff Liam' to make is correct with 5 lines and add a little flair ...