Lost My Interest In Thailand

Thongkorn

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Understandable mate.

I would explain to you why your wife doing this but you wont understand. this is just how we are 'traditionally' brought up.

also you should visit different places in thailand where you get less tourist and you wont see them annoying people.

:)

Felt like it for a while,but different. I do not go to the farm period,I do not lend or give the family anything,I do not want them near me,the Thai GF treads a narrow path I guess,wants money and works i give her money too so she provides,but there are issues that cannot be overcome, I do not immerse myself in the culture,not interested in anything about Thailand.,'cept the obvious. Might have to pay the GF off,but hoping the medical requirement becomes an issue and that is the shove I most definitely need

Looking forward to Living in Europe again,OK things are bad there,but a few places I would not mind living in

Pattaya? With your wife....?

I read it that he went alone. Strange place to go with a particular attitude.

I wouldn't go alone in any case.

But for a few days OK I can understand.....I would have arranged to meet my gf elsewhere.

Just think on that issue the OP has made a poor choice.

On the subject of the family is a whole separate matter.

Can only wish him luck in the long term dealing with that.

I was with the OP, feeling some compassion for his plight until ...

but i have told the wife no more of her money being sent to Thailand,

If you are in a relationship where she has some discretionary spend ... shouldn't she, your wife be free to allocate those funds where she sees fit?

Imagine if she told you no more beer (insert any vice you wish if you are a teetotaller).

Gee, I thought you lived there at first. That's ok, time to go find a new holiday location out there perhaps it sounds like you had a crappy time. Chin up, it could have been much worse. No injuries or accidents so it can't be too bad

Going to Thailand for 6 weeks and bored after two... obviously bad preparation, no plan what to do in his holiday...

Going to Pattaya during Sonkrang AND staying in Soi Metro... obviously no idea where to go and when to go and what to expect...

So OP: no wonder you ended up in the mood you are now... next time, I would suggest to do some pre-reading and planning...

P.S.: I spent two days in Pattaya during Songkran (18/19) with GF and daughters and we enjoyed it tremendously... driving in in morning before traffic jam started... new hotel near Centra Festival with all decent chairs... got wet cause that is part of Songkran... and even driving out of Pattaya was no issue on 20 morning... great fun for all of us...

OP, think your hols were ruined from the start seeing what you have been ''funding'' realizing how hard you work for your money THEN seeing what you are actually funding and how hard they ''work''.sad.png

But, you are not alone, l know folk in UK who send cash here for their kids who are ''drinking it'' paying for Uni that they don't attend etc. Again a but, farangs and lady are doing it here too, l know a few who are milking the ''system'', in fact my wife's son (17) goes to a farang school in LOS and cannot count to ten w00t.gif , and spends all his free time horizontal. Lazy, beyond lazy.bah.gif

Sorry, your post reminded me of stuff I get wound up about. smile.png

I feel for the OP.

Centre your life around yourself.

See your wife as an attachment.

Locate yourself away from the mayhem. Peaceful Thailand can be found.

Try enjoy Thailand warts and all.

It's a beautiful country warts and all.

Find your nirvana. It is findable here.

Good luck.

• Like 1

The OP confirms my very sound theory about the sort of people who consistently post vehement condemnations of Thai and all things Thai (even beyond the degree that one might occasionally be warranted in doing so) and serves as a PERFECT illustration of my oft used but irrefutable axiom about life in Thailand (or anywhere but perhaps even more here):

Choices. It's all about your choices.

To be more specific would be to cross a line that I generally try not to but choice extends not only to where you go on holiday but also what you put up with in regards to much more important parts of your life (which of course, you wouldn't have to put up with given the right choices!)

Sorry, don't understand what you are saying. Yeh I am a Numnut, but try again in lay-mens language. thumbsup.gif

• Like 1