Thaksin Given Ultimatum To Resign Within 48 Hours

george

PM has reaffirmed that he will continue his political role

Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra has reaffirmed that he will continue his political role, adding that he is not worried about the resignation deadline proposed by the People’s Alliance for Democracy (PAD).

After the premier went to work at the Government House for a while, he left the place to chair a meeting with the key members of his Thai Rak Thai party at the Thai Rak Thai Party office.

Dr. Thaksin gave an interview, saying that his working today at the Government House went smoothly. His work was undisturbed by the demonstrators' rants in front of the Government House.

Referring to the PAD’s proposed deadline for the premier to withdraw from his political role, Dr. Thaksin said that there is nothing to be concerned about, while informing that he has been scheduled to give an address in Udonthani (อุดรธานี) Province tomorrow.

Source: Thai National News Bureau Public Relations Department - 23 March 2006

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ultimatum bwa ha ha ha :o the opposition seems desperate .. Long Live Thaksin The Great :D
Meadish Sweetball New Moderator

remmy Posted on: 2006-03-11 05:45:05

What is the qualification or criteria to become a moderator?

Sorry, but being psychotic (first post)... disqualifies you (second post).... :D :D

Don't listen to Tanchart.

Like I posted some time ago. I attended a rally with my family. There was no money going around; in fact, people were donating money in small amounts to help out. If you watch the rallies on TV they always annouce any doantions. There was free food. Someone sitting next to us gave a foam container of rice with KaiPaloe to us for my daughter. Most people weren't there for the food. There were the regular people wandering through the crowd selling sticky rice with pork and other things. You could take a flag if you wanted one. You could also get a paper hat if you wanted one. I think they also gave away some free headbands but I bought one from a stall. The people who go there are passionate about the situation. they want to be there.

It's odd Thanchart that you would choose a monk as your avatar yet you seem pro-Thaksin. Is Thaksin a model of virtue?

And it's not about one political party against another. It's about the people against a corrupt politician. Those of you who try to paint the anti-Thaksin protesters as being 'the opposition' or other political parties are absolutely wrong. You seem to have an agenda as Thanchart does.

Reading these threads is enlightening. You can really see how some people are willing to choose evil as their master. I wouldn't have thought that so many people out there are really so selfish.

Don't listen to Tanchart.

Reading these threads is enlightening. You can really see how some people are willing to choose evil as their master. I wouldn't have thought that so many people out there are really so selfish.

Me deems that you may not have been in Thailand long enough to understand that the other parties available are not really that much better than Thaksin, especially when it comes down to solving the problems of the poor.

A few more changes in government, and you might realise that politics here in Thailand is not much more than which clique is taking a turn in ripping off the people.

ColPyat, I know how things work. As I said for many people protesting Thaksin this isn't about politics its about abuse of power. Thaksin will go and someone else will come in. Should the new person be so corrupt and the government fails to address that persons abuse of power I'm sure, if need be the people will rise up against that person as well. Please read the posts, don't assume.

A few more changes in government, and you might realise that politics here in Thailand is not much more than which clique is taking a turn in ripping off the people.

Thaksin is the first leader who's going to get ousted for corruption by PEOPLE, not by military. Twenty years ago people protested against dictators, now they protest against corrupt politicians. That's a big progress you can't deny. Either Thaksin stooped too low, or people demand more, but something's gotta give.

Don't get all philosophical: "No matter who comes to power it will always be the same, so why bother?" Whoever comes next would be too scared to repeat Thaksin's mistakes and we are guaranteed to get a cleaner and more transparent government.

Thaksin is the first leader who's going to get ousted for corruption by PEOPLE, not by military. Twenty years ago people protested against dictators, now they protest against corrupt politicians. That's a big progress you can't deny. Either Thaksin stooped too low, or people demand more, but something's gotta give.

Don't get all philosophical: "No matter who comes to power it will always be the same, so why bother?" Whoever comes next would be too scared to repeat Thaksin's mistakes and we are guaranteed to get a cleaner and more transparent government.

Yet to be decided....and I wouldn't go far as using a general statement as the PEOPLE, more like a small minority. :o

Are you guys actually watching ASTV in Sanam Luang - live.

It is admirable that these people even have the nerve to stand up against the current gov. regardless of what we all think about it the fact that they are able to stand up and talk is wonderful I think. And for the first time in Thailand with a situation like this..... there has been no loss of blood.

Seonai

Update:

Anti-Thaksin groups request for royally-appointed PM

BANGKOK: -- Opponents of caretaker Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra led by the People's Alliance for Democracy (PAD) announced Thursday night that they would seek a royally-appointed prime minister from His Majesty the King to replace Mr. Thaksin.

Describing the move as the coalition's last resort in a series of attempts over the past two months to oust the caretaker premier, Sondhi Limthongkul, a core member of the PAD, invited members of the public to show up at the PAD's next mass rally planned on March 25 at the Makhawan Bridge on Rajadamneon Nok here from 02:00 p.m. onwards.

"Let it be our largest-ever rally representing the people's power to petition His Majesty the King for a royally-appointed prime minister," he said....more

--TNA 2006-03-23

Update:

Anti-Thaksin groups request for royally-appointed PM

BANGKOK: -- Opponents of caretaker Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra led by the People's Alliance for Democracy (PAD) announced Thursday night that they would seek a royally-appointed prime minister from His Majesty the King to replace Mr. Thaksin.

Describing the move as the coalition's last resort in a series of attempts over the past two months to oust the caretaker premier, Sondhi Limthongkul, a core member of the PAD, invited members of the public to show up at the PAD's next mass rally planned on March 25 at the Makhawan Bridge on Rajadamneon Nok here from 02:00 p.m. onwards.

"Let it be our largest-ever rally representing the people's power to petition His Majesty the King for a royally-appointed prime minister," he said....more

--TNA 2006-03-23

:o Wishful thinking on PADs part - so I guess once no response comes, they'll pack it in and go home? :D

Brit and others online now, did any of you even think to respond to what I asked before? Don't you understand a protest, with music and poems and love ......................... think about our own countries and protest marches..........