How Long To Process Teacher's Permit ?

A friend of mine, a qualified and experienced teacher, will need to get a Teacher's Permit once he arrives in Thailand. I have advised him to bring all of his documentation with him, for submission to Khrusapha. Any pointers from those who have done it ? Is there a charge? And, how long does it typically take to get this Permit ? This is something of an issue as he will be teaching up-country, and wants to avoid having to make repeated trips to Bangkok. As far as we can determine from their website, they do not have any branch offices around the country.

One of you says "the school must apply", the other says "it will be faster if you do it in person". Am I synthesizing these two replies correctly when I interpret these to mean that the documentation must be signed by the school, but the process can be made faster if the applicant takes the documents in to Khrusapa's office ?

With the start of the school yr. fast approaching, and long travel time to Bkk., we want to make this process as fast as possible, while avoiding any need for repeated trips to correct errors or omissions.

One of you says "the school must apply", the other says "it will be faster if you do it in person". Am I synthesizing these two replies correctly when I interpret these to mean that the documentation must be signed by the school, but the process can be made faster if the applicant takes the documents in to Khrusapa's office ?

With the start of the school yr. fast approaching, and long travel time to Bkk., we want to make this process as fast as possible, while avoiding any need for repeated trips to correct errors or omissions.

http://www.ksp.or.th/Khurusapha/en/userfiles/file/02%20Required%20documentation.pdf

That's correct.

Just went through the process. Had sent all my documents to extend my 2nd provisional license. Popped by the Kurusapa to get some information before when I had to renew my passport and they'd told me that applications now only need two weeks to be processed.

If you go there in person with ALL needed documents, you could get it on the same day, or the day after.

Sent my stuff to Kurusapa on the 11th of April ( even having Songkran coming up!) and got my permit sent to my school. I put a letter with my name and school's address in, but they usually send it to the director.

Received it on the 24th of April, without the hassle of driving to Bangkok.-wai2.gif

Edited by sirchai
  • Like 1

If you apply in person at the Teachers Council, it will be much faster. I had mine in as little as 3 days, and for 40 baht they send it to your address.

The desk for foreigners is very fast.

Forgot to mention you need to provide the envelope and stamps yourself.