Botox

jaffacake32

The cost depends on the number of units of Botox used, as the main cost is the drug itself. For which reason it is not much (if at all) less expensive than in the West.

I get Botox regularly and find it frustratingly difficult to find good places. No sooner do I find someone good than they get busy and start rushing, which means poor quality. Aside from basic training and experience, what makes the difference in results is how much time the doctor puts into studying your face and tailoring the pattern of injections to it.

Be wary of set rates as these refer to packages of a fixed number of units, all too often injected in the same manner for everyone irregardless of need, in a rote fashion. For example, 3-4 spots on the forehead. One size does NOT fit all when it comes to Botox and results will not be the best.

Also beware of unusually inexpensive quotes as some unscrupulous private derm clinics use counterfeit product. Unless you are confident of the place, best ask to see the vial before they inject.

I have a very good private derm I use in Phnom Penh when I'm there; in Thailand I have grown so frustrated with less than optimal results that for the past year I've been using BNH hospital, costs a bit more but they get it right.

It is easy to tell if a doctor is taking the time to do it right. they should:

1. Have a consultation with you first during which they study your face, discuss with you the look you want, and estimate from that the number of units needed. Usually a price estimate is given at that point as well.

2. During the injection process, they have you continually make a variety of faces (frown, etc), this shows them exactly where to inject.

3. Process of injecting should take 10-15 minutes depending on number of areas.

If you are given an immediate quote by the receptionist, brought straight in for injection and the doctor then proceeds to inject in a formulaic manner, you're not going to get the best results.

Basically you are going to pay anywhere from 10 - 20K in most cases depending on how heavy you want it and how many areas. Possibly less if you are after just one specific spot, and more if many spots.