Brit Caught For 2-Year Phuket Overstay, And Dope

webfact

What is 'living illegally' ? Was he a squatter ?

From my point of view he did not anything wrong, just a guy who does not live conform some manmade rules.

It seems he lived in a house that was not occupied by someone else.

He stayed on a piece on earth that should be free to use for all of us.

He loved herbes that were made by God, with the reason to use them to free our minds.

This is not a criminal.

Not a criminal to you in that you believe that he did nothing morally wrong. But he broke immigration the law. A law that is in place for good reasons- one reason is to help prevent criminal activities by people who do very wrong things. Herb? Some people every bit as God fearing as you believe that using such substances in one's body is a sin. How do you know that he "loved" the herb? For all that you know the man is an alcoholic and uses marijuana to soften his hangovers so that he can continue drinking himself to death. I do not think that the man should be severely penalized but neither is he the sweet spirit that you portray with your sanctimonious prattle.

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 years must have been the ganja just forgot about the visaruns , it does affect ones short-time memo???? eh

No. That's an alcohol thing. But looking at his face I think he is/was an alcoholic.

Guess they just deport him with a red stamp in his passport ?

Gosh, can I send you my photo for a diagnosis?

2 years must have been the ganja just forgot about the visaruns , it does affect ones short-time memo???? eh

No. That's an alcohol thing. But looking at his face I think he is/was an alcoholic.

Gosh, can I send you my photo for a diagnosis?

Just post your photo here then we can all discuss about it and give you a diagnosis.

From my point of view he did not anything wrong, just a guy who does not live conform some manmade rules.

He loved herbes that were made by God, with the reason to use them to free our minds.

This is not a criminal.

I was almost agreeing with you until you brought up that 'God' guy from the fairytale stories.

Whatever way you wanna describe it, I don't care. But maybe you should try some of those herbs (or ayahuasca or mushrooms or whatever) yourself and might get another idea, LOL

Drugs are for mugs. God is for fraud.

Then there's 1000's of us (farangs) who are mugs.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

This is not a criminal.

Not a criminal to you in that you believe that he did nothing morally wrong.  But he broke immigration the law.  A law that is in place for good reasons- one reason is to help prevent criminal activities by people who do very wrong things.  Herb?  Some people every bit as God fearing as you believe that using such substances in one's body is a sin.  How do you know that he "loved" the herb?  For all that you know the man is an alcoholic and uses marijuana to soften his hangovers so that he can continue drinking himself to death.  I do not think that the man should be severely penalized but neither is he the sweet spirit that you portray with your sanctimonious prattle.

Get a grip lad, just listen to yourself.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

This article makes it look like the overstay is the major crime and possession of some dope is some kind of aggravating factor... nothing could be further from the truth.

However, it's important to remember that this guy is not a criminal in any real sense of the word, he was unlucky to get caught and unfortunately he's going to suffer a bit before he gets back to blighty. It's unfortunate because people like him should not really end up in jail, it's not what jails are for.

Who amongst is have not overstayed once.. or dare I say been is possession of something that is technically illegal?

I feel sorry for this guy.

• Like 2

What a complete idiot !! Get your cheque book ready matey, lots to pay here

Cheque book? What cheque book?! He's been slumming it for 2 years with presumably no source of income so it will will be the good old embassy picking up the tab for yet another skint Geordie (it's always Geordies them overtstaying blokes...why is that?......) At least back home for summer....if he has a home....ooops, forgot, there is no summer in Geordieland.....

Someone obviously has a problem of their own about Geordies.

Hard luck on this guy getting caught.

Yes, think so as well.

Good luck to this chap in sorting out his overstay. Who knows the circumstances of why or how he managed to get into this current overstay situation. Many people jump the gun on assuming the worst.

One time when I went to renew my Visa I was informed that I had an over 300 day overstay! The nice and helpful Immigration officer directed me to another Immigration Office location and once at the second Immigration office, their being very understanding that it was an unintentional mistake on my behalf, there and then they issued me with a 30 day extension and sorted the problem for me.The fine that I had to pay was somewhere in the region of Baht 3,000 All done without having to leave Thailand.

Good luck to this chap in sorting out his overstay. Who knows the circumstances of why or how he managed to get into this current overstay situation. Many people jump the gun on assuming the worst.

One time when I went to renew my Visa I was informed that I had an over 300 day overstay! The nice and helpful Immigration officer directed me to another Immigration Office location and once at the second Immigration office, their being very understanding that it was an unintentional mistake on my behalf, there and then they issued me with a 30 day extension and sorted the problem for me.The fine that I had to pay was somewhere in the region of Baht 3,000 All done without having to leave Thailand.

Allow me to be the first to go off on this tangent: a 300 day overstay was an "unintentional mistake"?!

• Like 1

Peering arrived in Thailand from Myanmar via the Mae Sai Immigration

Checkpoint in Chiang Rai on February 21, 2011. He was granted a two-week

tourist visa, which expired on March 7, 2011.

Two week Tourist Visa. Tut tut.... 15 day Visa Exemption, I'm sure. :rolleyes:

This is not a criminal.

Unfortunately he is a criminal. He was living here illegally and in possession of a drug which is illegal in Thailand, and in many other countries around the world.

Whatever anyone else thinks about it is irrelevant - he knowingly broke 2 laws and will now pay the penalty. Sure, he's not the worlds greatest criminal and hopefully the punishment will refelct that.

We cannot choose which laws we want to obey, and ignore the ones we don't like or disagree with. If we do, then the consequences have to be faced.

If you don't like man made rules, then whose rules do you like? God (would that be Christian catholic, protestant or othodox; Islam, Jewish, Bhuddist, Hindu, Sikh or Shinto??); or perhaps the rules of a benign dictator, or someone "reasonable" like you?

This is not a criminal.

Well said.clap2.gif

What a complete idiot !! Get your cheque book ready matey, lots to pay here

Cheque book? What cheque book?! He's been slumming it for 2 years with presumably no source of income so it will will be the good old embassy picking up the tab for yet another skint Geordie (it's always Geordies them overtstaying blokes...why is that?......) At least back home for summer....if he has a home....ooops, forgot, there is no summer in Geordieland.....

Someone obviously has a problem of their own about Geordies.

Hard luck on this guy getting caught.

Hard luck? More like he was grassed up for some reason. Anyway, do we really want "quality" expats like this impressing the Thais? Can't see the embassy picking up the tab. He'll have to raise the money for the fine and flight home himself, or from family, friends, and those expressing sympathy here.

Well, look at most of you pointing the finger and throwing stones in glass houses. We don't know why he overstayed yet and straight away most of you portraying the perfect alien! Shame on you and your bullying of a man you don't even know. Let's find out the whole story if we can before for he is succumbed to your wrath of comments.....Just saying....:-)

Fair point - he may have had a horrendous life, tortuous upbringing and been totally disadvantaged. Or there again, he could be a skiving dope smoking, piss artist who doesn't give a <deleted> about anyone or anything. ,,,,,,,,,,, Just saying ...thumbsup.gif

Edited by Baerboxer

Too bad for him he didn't get caught hoarding Thailand's most harmful drug.

If he had a bottle or two of Johnny Walker, then there would be no drug/dope charges added on.

That's because Johnny Walker is not an illegal substunce. Can you see the difference - legal and illegal?

This article makes it look like the overstay is the major crime and possession of some dope is some kind of aggravating factor... nothing could be further from the truth.

However, it's important to remember that this guy is not a criminal in any real sense of the word, he was unlucky to get caught and unfortunately he's going to suffer a bit before he gets back to blighty. It's unfortunate because people like him should not really end up in jail, it's not what jails are for.

Who amongst is have not overstayed once.. or dare I say been is possession of something that is technically illegal?

I feel sorry for this guy.

He broke two laws - but is not a real criminal? What's your definition of criminal then?

Agree sentening him to imprisonment would be harsh and unecessary. Hope he's deported quickly - and has someone who cares in the UK.

Too bad for him he didn't get caught hoarding Thailand's most harmful drug.

If he had a bottle or two of Johnny Walker, then there would be no drug/dope charges added on.

That's because Johnny Walker is not an illegal substunce. Can you see the difference - legal and illegal?

It's hard for some to comprehend and accept.

They are usually pot heads. :(

This is not a criminal.

Were you on dope when you posted that ?

He deserves the book thrown at him, he well knew the risks he took without a visa and his passport expiring

That little teeny weeny bag of weed...what a joke.

OK, the guy did wrong, broke the law, was stupid, must pay. But some of you smug, self-satisfied..people, some day you might get jammed up, and need a friend, and some help, and a kind word. Remember then how you laughed at this man's troubles.

PS: What is a "Geordie", and why is that a joke? (Non UK , don't know your slang.)

A Geordie is someone from the fine city of Newcastle.

Or to be correct:

"Geordie (/ˈɔrdi/) is both a regional nickname for a person from the larger Tyneside[1] region of North East England, and the name of the English-language dialect spoken by its inhabitants. Depending on who is using it, the catchment area for the term "Geordie" can be as large as the whole of North East England, or as small as the metropolitan borough of Tyneside.

overstay fine 20,000 is paid at the border if u r not caught - if u r caught u r put in a cell put on trial pay the fine or go to prison and if u pay the fine then u r transferred to Immigration Detention Center and cannot leave until u pay the price for a ticket home - this guy must be flat broke too as many guy with no visa claim they get off for anything between 33 to 330 US buckeroonis but I cannot verify this myself so I do not know if it is untrue or not.

Send him home and keep the old Timeshare boys off the beach, they r now burnouts spoilin the environs, if they get desperate they start doing foolish things

there are many Brits with no visa on Phuket from what I hear so maybe this is a warning to them all - if you have an overstay in Phuket and u see any of the 3 boys in the photo revealed here then ......HIDE or RUN or get a FORCED REPATRIATION cheesy.gif

This is not a criminal.

Yes, in a perfect world perhaps.

This dope, who was caught with dope and on a 2 year overstay, may not be wrong doer in your opinion, but it`s the exploits of these fools that creates a tightening up of the visa and Immigration regulations for all of us.

• Like 2

does the police have any right to go search a house without warrant ?

some ass-like neighboor reports you because they think that... and there goes ... oh i forgot yes, we do not have any rights...

is a moo bahn safer than ? for police not being to do whatever they want, private property and so ...

i guess one day the guy was just fed up with all the stupid controlling rules...

Can someone please tell me why these cops always like to pose with whomever they catch? Is it some documented proof they can use as a reward, just sheer vanity or the fact that they don't mind throwing their faces out there because they think they are so untouchable?

This is not a criminal.

Yes, in a perfect world perhaps.

This dope, who was caught with dope and on a 2 year overstay, may not be wrong doer in your opinion, but it`s the exploits of these fools that creates a tightening up of the visa and Immigration regulations for all of us.

Agree with you, perhaps also there are simply too many westerners living in LOLS (land of lost smiles)

They must be very proud for the big bust they made ! Poor guy looks really banged out I see so many guys from all over looking like this , cant understand why people without the means want to live here . Well for that matter I dont understand staying here for more than a long vacation , the Farang here in this country are and always will be second class citizens and the amount of corruption and nonsense that goes on I think will only get worse . I walk around Bangkok and its dirty , smells . Yes I loved it more when i first came here but the shiny veneer wears off quick and I dont like what I see underneath ! I come now only every two years or so and that is getting to be too soon ! Hope this guy straightens himself out .

"always will be second class citizens"

Most farang are not citizens of Thailand at all. This person was an illegal alien. They tend not to rank high in the pecking order in any country.

"I come now only every two years or so and that is getting to be too soon ! "

That makes no sense. If you find the place so disagreeable, why would you keep coming here at all? You're either a masochist or into some sort of self-flagellation, literally or figuratively.

Hey man , this guy entitled to come to Thailand as often or as little as he wants and I happen to agree with alot of what he is saying. Who are you to pick apart his post and assassinate his character with him either being a masochist or blah blah blah. Get off your high horse with your high falutin' holier than thou attitude and correcting people on how they state their opinions.

Hey man , this guy entitled to come to Thailand as often or as little as he wants and I happen to agree with alot of what he is saying. Who are you to pick apart his post and assassinate his character with him either being a masochist or blah blah blah. Get off your high horse with your high falutin' holier than thou attitude and correcting people on how they state their opinions. && I hope you noticed I copied and pasted your reply to your own reply to show you what your reply looks like applied to a reply!

• Like 1

Can someone please tell me why these cops always like to pose with whomever they catch? Is it some documented proof they can use as a reward, just sheer vanity or the fact that they don't mind throwing their faces out there because they think they are so untouchable?

So that they can feel a sense of some kind of achievement.