Mini Golf

I am almost certain I won't get a reply again since I posted a couple

of topics but I try anyway " Are there any mini golf courses in Thailand "?

And if yes, are they popular or would that be a waste of time to build one?

Any answers appreciated

Cheers

There is two on Koh Samui. Doing ok from what I heard. But I can imagine that the true revenue comes from the associated F&B.

Just about every beach town where I spent my summer vacations in the USA had at least a few Mini Golf courses. They usually get crowded after dark when people are off the beaches and looking for something to do. Most of the players were families with kids and young couples. That was several decades ago so they may have all gone by the wayside. I played a lot of Putt-Putt as a kid.

I suspect the "other activities" Thailand beaches are famous for would reduce your target demographic to families with kids.

In any case, I think it would be a great interim land use for some of the lots on the beach roads that look like they have sat idle and will sit idle for years. Then when the owner wants to build, you'd have to move to another vacant lot. In any case, one difference between here and the US beach towns is that you'd have to be close to the hotels and/or public transit. In the USA, tourists drive to the beach. Here, tourists fly in and take a taxi or bus to the beach.

But sadly, TIT (or rather this is Asia) and if you start looking successful, you'll have copycats on each side of you and then there will be 3 (or a dozen) struggling places instead of one that does okay. Not to mention, the land owner that may have been eager to make just a little money renting a vacant property would probably start casting greedy eyes on your little cash cow.

So though I think they would be a great idea if you could get right down on the strip on a low rent interim land use, I suspect the risks of operating a business in Thailand, on top of the normal business risks would make it a non-starter in my mind.

Prove me wrong... I'd like to see an alternative to boozing and getting accosted by ladyboys in the evenings.

Edited by impulse

One of those future 'plans' i have for a piece of land about 7 rai. smile.png

Close to the beach in a town with not much to do when the sun goes down.

The investment is pretty small. The money will be made selling food and drinks.

Target the many company groups that seem to travel to beach locations every weekend.

Give a group price and include a 'dinner' or all you can eat BBQ. Maybe with some live music.

You can make it into a competition with small prices so that there will be extra stimulation to play.