Current Waiting Times For Uk Visit Visas

We have service standards for processing UK visa applications in the Thailand. Our standards say that we will process:

• 90 per cent of non-settlement applications within 3 weeks, 98 per cent within 6 weeks and 100 per cent within 12 weeks of the application date;

Yep, seen that - thanks.

I'm looking for the current waiting times IE from anyone who's partners / family / friends etc who have recently gone through the process.

The figures at the foot of that page are for decisions made in March 2013. For the visit visa, 90% within 10 days and 99% within 15 days. Don't think you'll get a better gauge than that from a few people responding on here given close to 5000 processed in that month, but settlement visas processing times appear to be improving so you might be lucky if you need an ultra-quick response.

14 working days we received visitor visa for uk yesterday for my wife and her Daughter .

Very happy , but they have started them immediately when i specifically asked for a date 3 weeks from now , this will be very expensive for me I will loose 3 weeks work . as i plan to fly back with them at the end of there visit . I am following it up with UKBA , Anybody got any experience of getting dates changed ?

There was a guy who had a similar issue recently, asked for a future date put in all sorts of reminders and pointers, all of which were ignored, well at least missed, by the ECO.

Unless your family is intending to utilise the full six months from three weeks hence, then there is no need to change the visa and you could stick to your original plans.

What did the application say about travel plans?

OLD GIT is Pointing out the obvious a specialty of yours . I can work out that if i dont need 6 months on the visa then when it ends is not that relevant ,BUT I DO . Thats why i answered the Question on the Visa when do you intend to travel to the uk with the correct answer . the one that will give me six months of travel on a six month Visa , At no point have i said otherwise .

What are you reffering to when you quote "What did the application say about travel plans?". a visa application only deals with travel plans ?

I was asking if anyone had any experience of getting dates changed , so i can see if its worth chasing this up or not.Yyour comments are of no use at all !

Old saying "if you haven't got anything useful to say then say nothing at all "

If i have missed something in your post that is useful please point it out !

What are you reffering to when you quote "What did the application say about travel plans?". a visa application only deals with travel plans ?

I was asking if anyone had any experience of getting dates changed , so i can see if its worth chasing this up or not.Yyour comments are of no use at all !

As well as travel plans the application deals with affordability and reasons to return.

You will/should be aware that a six month visa doesn't guarantee admission into the UK, it allows the holder to travel to the UK where they have to convince an IO that the visit is genuine. If the visa holder states that they intend to stay in the UK for a full six months, the IO may well check the initial application, hence the valid question.

The IO may well consider that six months is a long time for a visitor to stay.

Not quite sure why you decided to go off on one after you hijacked a thread about waiting times, but, as I say, it was a valid and relevant question.

• Like 2

As well as travel plans the application deals with affordability and reasons to return.

You will/should be aware that a six month visa doesn't guarantee admission into the UK, it allows the holder to travel to the UK where they have to convince an IO that the visit is genuine. If the visa holder states that they intend to stay in the UK for a full six months, the IO may well check the initial application, hence the valid question.

The IO may well consider that six months is a long time for a visitor to stay.

Not quite sure why you decided to go off on one after you hijacked a thread about waiting times, but, as I say, it was a valid and relevant question.

Or why you also continued the hijack biggrin.png

Still, he has his answer now so hopefully this won't turn into a forum custard pie fight with the bickering that is usual here.

Or why you also continued the hijack

Still, he has his answer now so hopefully this won't turn into a forum custard pie fight with the bickering that is usual here.

I do apologise, I was simply pointing out that hijacking your thread was not the appropriate way to ask a question, and in any case the response was appropriate.

I will bow to your experience re the bickering, I've only been a member for four months and in my short time I always believed this forum to be relatively "bicker free".

Once again my sincere apologies.

• Like 1

Applied on the 19th April and my wife, daughter and niece got their passports back this Monday ( 13th)

Shit -thats nearly a month!

I know. It was a bit longer than I expected. Although it took nearly a week from the email my wife received telling her that the embassy had processed the application to actually receiving the passports. I guess they took the scenic route via the VFS office and then to our place. smile.png

Although I must say hats off to the VFS staff. My wife reported that they were very polite and helpful.

Sjonson , I was not trying to hijack your post , I was trying to help with your question re Waiting times with usefull upto date info .And i hope it came across that way , I wont get involved with any childish custard pie throwing Its your thread and I would like to treat it with respect .

I did go on to mention the mix up with the dates which i thought would be loosely within the thread.

I had a perfectly normal Human reaction to an Unhelpfull post from The old Git , who has not had the time or inclination to respond , but has had time to read your responses and like them . I am not a shrinking Violet ,I was Upset by his comments and responded likewise , If you think i Have been incorect or offensive please say , I am more than Happy to Appologise when i am wrong .

Also I am unsure if this classes as hijacking a post , surely not , but once again I am happy to be corrected .

Applied on the 19th April and my wife, daughter and niece got their passports back this Monday ( 13th)

Shit -thats nearly a month!

I know. It was a bit longer than I expected. Although it took nearly a week from the email my wife received telling her that the embassy had processed the application to actually receiving the passports. I guess they took the scenic route via the VFS office and then to our place. smile.png

Although I must say hats off to the VFS staff. My wife reported that they were very polite and helpful.

Yeh, I have always found the VFS and the embassy to be very helpful. People bitch about the visa costs but I cant. I paid nearly 3000 quid for residency in one of the countries I reside and I pay in excess of a grand for business visa costs to another .

England rocks. Thats why half the world wants to live there.

And dont get me started on the Queen - nearly 90 and way over 200 public engagements last year. Gord bless'er.