Thaksin To Skype With Redshirts Rally On 19 May

webfact

Thaksin To Skype With Redshirts Rally On 19 May

BANGKOK: -- Redshirts leadership chairwoman said the exiled Former PM Thaksin Shinawatra will give speeches via Skype to Redshirts protesters during their upcoming rally on 19 May 2013.

The rally will mark 3rd anniversary of the final military assault which ended the Redshirts protest on 19 May 2010. Until the assault, the Redshirts had been camping in Ratchaprasong Intersection and the financial district of Bangkok, demanding then-PM Abhisit Vejjajeeva to dissolve the parliament and call an election.

Ms. Tida Tojirakarn, chairwoman of the National United Front Of Democracy Against Dictatorship (UDD) outlined the rally activities in a press conference to reporters. Events include motorized convoy traveling around the city to lay down flowers in spots where Redshirts were killed during the military operation, speeches, and lighting of 20,000 candles in the evening.

She estimated that over 100,000 Redshirts will show up.

Ms. Tida added that Mr. Thaksin will skype to give speeches and honor the "martyrs" who died in 2010. There will also be exhibitions showing photos and videos of the crackdown.

Source: http://www.khaosod.co.th/en/view_newsonline.php?newsid=TVRNMk9EVXlNREkxTXc9PQ==&sectionid=TURFd01BPT0=

-- KHAOSOD 2013-05-15

This will be a " Hello everybody, how are you ? " type of call won't it ? After all he's not involved in politics, right ? Just wait until news of what he says gets out as it will probably be another rabble rousing call to arms to serve his purposes.

once again we see the low mentality of the red shirts, thaksin should have a international arrest warrant issued for inciting violence again but of course his pathetic pm sister and govt party will turn a blind eye because he pays them all. We can only hope that some of these idiots will again cause violence and have the crap kicked out of them but it will not be by the police, they will be too busy helping them protest

• Like 1

For the like of me why dose this man Skype in , why not appear in person, what a great way to attract attention to the PTP cause, a surprise ,here I am folks , then Abhisit's challenge to the DSI to arrest him, betcha he don't.coffee1.gif

Theres that magic number again

100,000 protestors @ 500b a day, that 50,000,000 THB

I don't think Thaksin would pay that kind of money for just a 'remembrance' gathering... violent insurgency maybe, to honour those who died for him in 2010 - no way!

• Like 1

"Ms. Tida added that Mr. Thaksin will skype to give speeches and honor the "martyrs""

Sounds a bit reddish the 'martyr' part. Anyway, I honor you, I've always stood behind you in your struggle, far, far behind you

And I promised that at the first gunshot I would fly to Thailand to fight with you,..... but when this happened, I was a kinda busy shopping at Vuitton in Paris.

But sure, next time, I'll be there......unless I have to attend a shop opening!

• Like 2

Our dear Thaksin has a private plaine and a Thai passport, don't understand why he has to Skype and not simply jump on the stage to talk to his followers.

That may increase the number of so called martyrs by one.

Our dear Thaksin has a private plaine and a Thai passport, don't understand why he has to Skype and not simply jump on the stage to talk to his followers.

Its called cowardice Jbrain same as he showed when he ran without appealing his conviction.

Anyway why should he sweat and bleed when silly buggers are willing to do it for him.

Much easier to sit in his air con luxury half way round the world and Skype, no chance of the last drop of blood coming from him then.

100,000 protestors @ 500b a day, that 50,000,000 THB

I don't think Thaksin would pay that kind of money for just a 'remembrance' gathering... violent insurgency maybe, to honour those who died for him in 2010 - no way!

If they are not paid then don't expect more than 2,000 to show up.

The rally will mark 3rd anniversary of the final military assault which ended the Redshirts protest on 19 May 2010. Until the assault, the Redshirts had been camping in Ratchaprasong Intersection and the financial district of Bangkok, demanding then-PM Abhisit Vejjajeeva to dissolve the parliament and call an election.

Try to remember Tida that he had offered an early election an offer which was rejected.

>She estimated that over 100,000 Redshirts will show up.

Only if they are paid to go, remember how many turned up last time when they didn't get paid.

honor the "martyrs" who died in 2010

Yes those who died for the greed and selfishness of one man Thaksin and most of the reds still haven't been able to work that out.

If they are anything like the doctored video that a taxi driver insisted on showing us they will bear no relation to reality.

Hay how about photos and videos of the grenade attack on the sky train station, the hospital invasion, the burning of buildings, the small boy on top of the barricade and men in black shooting at the army they would all be great to show there are no double standards.

Hope you have a permit for all this Tida.

And Chalerm please call out 100,00 riot police no double standards again.

You said

"Try to remember Tida that he had offered an early election an offer which was rejected."

The really sad part of it was it was the offer came from the red shirts and the Government accepted and then the red shirts backed out. They weren't even bargaining in good faith.

That may increase the number of so called martyrs by one.

One can hope.

• Like 1

Astounding. Is 100K a lucky number? Does it have some sort of magic?

For Khun Thaksin's sake, I hope his internet connection has been better than the folks up in Issan. We've been trying to use our iphone facetalk options over the past week and the connections are awful.

You said

"Try to remember Tida that he had offered an early election an offer which was rejected."

The really sad part of it was it was the offer came from the red shirts and the Government accepted and then the red shirts backed out. They weren't even bargaining in good faith.

I don't want to be pedantic, but the wording is very important on this issue and history is already watering the reds violent participation down.

The reds 'DEMANDED' early elections, the Government accepted, then the reds backed out of the deal they demanded.

• Like 2

Presumably Madame PM will instruct DPM Pol Capt. Dr. Chalerm to take all measures necessary to ensure security of all citizens and enforce any laws that are broken. He will asssemble 50k Police in reserve, put blocks on the roads into Bangkok to turn back any unruly looking types and surround all sensitive areas with razor wire. Private property and the rights of citizens to conduct their daily business will be rigorously enforced by the vigilant RTP.

No double standards from the democratically elected populist people's PM and her world class ministers.

You said

I don't want to be pedantic, but the wording is very important on this issue and history is already watering the reds violent participation down.

The reds 'DEMANDED' early elections, the Government accepted, then the reds backed out of the deal they demanded.

Well said

Designed, as always, for maximum inconvenience to all those anti-red elitist people of central Bangkok. I mean, honestly, once a year does our capital have to come to standstill so this lot can drive around the city, all 100,000 of them to lay a wreath at every location of a fallen martyr. Protest professionally, and maybe you'll get a little respect.