Going To Sell 2013 Honda Cbr500R Soon

Just a proactive post to let anyone know that is interested I will be placing my new Honda CBR500r up for sell soon, maybe a month (Bike is less than 2 months old with full records to include first service completed less than 2000klm on the clock). Took an executive position with a company back in the USA so my wife and I will be relocating. I will update this thread to let you know when the bike is listed here on TV. Feel free to ask me any questions about the bike if your interested but keep in mind this is not a legitimate sales add and I do reserve the right to cancel selling the bike for any reason to include frustration from low ball bidders.

I do have family here that will take care of it or I can just park it at one of my condos in Bangkok or Pattaya so if it sells or not is really no issue but I would prefer that someone drive it and no I am not going to loan or rent it out to anyone smile.png...

Time to order myself a bigger bike when I get back to the states and not pay an outrageous price for it smile.png - I'm feeling the lure of a CBR600RR or a Ninja ZX-6R...

Edited by commande
  • Like 1

lol seems a view members are doing this i sold the crf last week heading back to uk next week already have a buyer for my hornet 600 and i think a gsxr 600 is coming my way,good luck with the sale and relocation

• Like 1

Thank you and good luck to you also, will definitely be returning to Thailand yearly just don't see the point of keeping a vehicle/bike sitting around - they are meant to be driven and enjoyed.

lol seems a view members are doing this i sold the crf last week heading back to uk next week already have a buyer for my hornet 600 and i think a gsxr 600 is coming my way,good luck with the sale and relocation

Street Triple's seem good value in the UK. Especially after living over here for a while.

Be interesting to see what the OP can get for his bike, must be one of the first 500's to hit the second hand market... Good luck with the sale.

Doubt the ZX6R will be much more than what he paid for the Honda 500 yet in a totally different league! Saw a beautiful new MV Agusta 675 Brutale in Holland recently, finally some competition for the Street Triple.

Edited by inapeartree

OP. What colour is it?

Hi, it's red perfect condition, factory configuration, nothing added or removed... It's so new LOL that I am still waiting on the plate and Green Book which is why I am delaying sale for about 30 days until I get it. Registered to my Thai wife so easy to transfer ownership and sale.

Edited by commande

Doubt the ZX6R will be much more than what he paid for the Honda 500 yet in a totally different league! Saw a beautiful new MV Agusta 675 Brutale in Holland recently, finally some competition for the Street Triple.

Your right, it's about 500 USD more (7500 USD full option) and the ZX6R is definitely what I am considering for my first choice but I will take my time and look around, no rush. Great bikes are cheap in the USA :)...

Wrong colour.. again biggrin.png

Sent from my i-mobile i-STYLE Q6

Paint works wonders smile.png and it's cheap, entire bike repainted any color you want maybe 4000 baht using premium paint and that's probably high. Changing Greenbook to represent new color is easy.

Edited by commande

Paint works wonders smile.png and it's cheap, entire bike repainted any color you want maybe 4000 baht using premium paint and that's probably high. Changing Greenbook to represent new color is easy.

Umm to be fair.. with the plastics on the bike i think it would be closer to 10k but yes...easily done.

Umm to be fair.. with the plastics on the bike i think it would be closer to 10k but yes...easily done.

I thought the same but was quoted 4000 baht here in Pattaya, reason why is that they can paint over the current paint without using any plastic prep paint which is expensive stuff... He told me he would paint the entire bike black first and then repaint with whatever color I wanted so that the color came out perfect with no possibility of the red paint showing through.

Unless I crashed my bike and had to repair rashed plastic, I would never repaint it (unless it was some tricked-out custom cruiser, which I wouldn't own in any casewink.png)- it never looks as good as the original factory spray, especially if it's not a properly sanded and prepped surface- paint on top of paint is never a good way to go, IMHO..

• Like 1

Unless I crashed my bike and had to repair rashed plastic, I would never repaint it (unless it was some tricked-out custom cruiser, which I wouldn't own in any casewink.png)- it never looks as good as the original factory spray, especially if it's not a properly sanded and prepped surface- paint on top of paint is never a good way to go, IMHO..

Okay, so the bike is Red, I am certain someone likes red, I can't be the only one in Thailand LOL :)....

• Like 2

Unless I crashed my bike and had to repair rashed plastic, I would never repaint it (unless it was some tricked-out custom cruiser, which I wouldn't own in any case;))- it never looks as good as the original factory spray, especially if it's not a properly sanded and prepped surface- paint on top of paint is never a good way to go, IMHO..

Okay, so the bike is Red, I am certain someone likes red, I can't be the only one in Thailand LOL :)....

The red looks great- it's the color I would have gotten if I owned that bike.:)

It's a meat and 3 vege Honda, why would anyone be worrying about the colour!

Unless of course you need to match the bike to a topbox you already own! biggrin.png

Edited by BSJ

Unless of course you need to match the bike to a topbox you already own! Posted Image

There is that AND the fact that I'm not ALLOWED to have a red vehicle. Very dangerous for me it seems :lol::blink:

Unless of course you need to match the bike to a topbox you already own! biggrin.png

laugh.png I have to admit you do say some very funny things laugh.png

Meat & 3 Vege LOL............

Edited by mania

There is that AND the fact that I'm not ALLOWED to have a red vehicle. Very dangerous for me it seems laugh.pngblink.png

To solve that problem you can just add a sticker which says, this motorbike isn't red it is { add color of your choice}. Much cheaper than repainting

You can ask Transam. laugh.pnglaugh.png

Commande Congrads on your upcoming job! For not to much more you can get a full liter bike in the States!

Thank you, we are definitely looking forward to moving back the states for a while and yes a new bike is definitely in order :)...

Anyone here what to suggest a starting price that I would list the bike for after I finally receive the Greenbook end of this month? Prefer you PM me, I have an idea but maybe some TV participation could be entertaining or enlightening; never know here. :)

Here is what I have in the bike:

Price: 210,000.00

Insurance: 4000.00

Registration, plates, book: 4000.00 (approximately)

1st Engine Service: 3600.00 (approximately)

Total: 221,600.00

Please share thoughts... By the way I am obviously aware I can't get all the money back and my advert pricing is below 200k :)... So what you think it should be 1??,??? baht :)...

Dunno but 4000 bht for registration and book you were ripped of there......

LOL, thanks for your input although irrelevant smile.png and the same price was charged to all 5 Thai's that I know who bought their bike at the same place - of course they bought CB500x models. Guess we all got ripped off, provided a receipt for being ripped off and in the end it's all good.

Edited by commande