Blackberry Sales Drop 70% In Indonesia

webfact

Indonesia’s ICT Minister: BlackBerry Sales Drop 70% in Indonesia
Tech in AsiaBy enricko
Credit: BlackberryCool.com

JAKARTA: -- BlackBerry users around the world might be questioning their loyalty after another outage of the popular BlackBerry Messenger (BBM) service happened a couple of days ago.

It was widely reported that the service was down for users living in the Asia Pacific region between Sunday night to Monday morning, and today BlackBerry Indonesia finally acknowledged 1 the downtime and offered an apology.

The most interesting part of the story, in my mind, is the statement given by the Indonesian ICT minister Tifatul Sembiring on this latest incident (as reported by another Detik article).

Mr. Sembiring said he is disappointed that the company did not notify its users sooner about the setback, and he added that BlackBerry sales have decreased by 70 percent in Indonesia.

Full story: http://news.yahoo.com/indonesia-ict-minister-blackberry-sales-113030733.html

-- YAHOO!NEWS 2013-05-15

I don't know anyone who still has a blackberry. People nowadays like big screens and the keyboard on traditional blackberries simply takes up too much real estate.

It is just business-related anymore. That may never change completely until RIM declares bankruptcy and the remaining holdouts are told to jump ship.

I don't know anyone who still has a blackberry. People nowadays like big screens and the keyboard on traditional blackberries simply takes up too much real estate.

It is just business-related anymore. That may never change completely until RIM declares bankruptcy and the remaining holdouts are told to jump ship.

Have you looked at Blackberry's share price lately. It's just doubled while Apple's share price has halved. Do markets look ahead? Time will tell.

Have you looked at Blackberry's share price lately. It's just doubled while Apple's share price has halved. Do markets look ahead? Time will tell.

Since Blackberry's (RIM) share price has went down hill fast over the last few years, it really has no way to go except up--that is, until they go bankrupt. So its share price is around $15 today; but back in 2007 it was $230.

post-55970-0-74807700-1368678765_thumb.j