Chalong Accident

pagallim

We were pulling out of Home Pro Village going north at around 7.30 p.m. this evening, and after a couple of hundred metres or so, the traffic ground to a halt and slowly rounded what was a particularly unpleasant accident. Two motorbikes had obviously collided with both riders prostrate and unconscious on the road. Neither appeared to have worn helmets, both had substantial pools of blood growing from their heads. I fear a very tragic outcome for those involved.

Although over recent years there's been a marked improvement in the wearing of helmets in Phuket, there are still those, particularly in the teen to 30's age bracket, that seem to think they're invincible. My wife and I both commented that these guys were probably just on their way home to their families.

Never pleasant to see... I've seen too many over the years here. Yesterday, two newbies were doing stupid things on Viset just a bit south of the Rawai/ Chalong Tesco. His buddy turns right, he freezes between the lanes going south. Everyone is beeping at him. He panics and tried a sharp right turn, grabs his front brake ad goes down... Brilliant!

Never pleasant to see... I've seen too many over the years here. Yesterday, two newbies were doing stupid things on Viset just a bit south of the Rawai/ Chalong Tesco. His buddy turns right, he freezes between the lanes going south. Everyone is beeping at him. He panics and tried a sharp right turn, grabs his front brake ad goes down... Brilliant!

Yes, very sad. I particularly feel bad when I see it is an old person, maybe in a samlor that's been hit by someone probably driving too fast.

But I didn't feel bad at all watching a tourist get on his big bike, give it some revs, let out the clutch and fall off the back. Made my day, in fact. giggle.gif

• Like 2

I do feel for some of the older riders. Most still seem to ride a bike like they did when there was little to no traffic on the road, They just look forward with seemingly no idea of what's going on around them, but though they may be a pain to others, they are not generally causing any danger, unlike many tourist and youngsters.

• Like 1