I Noticed A Guy Staring At My Old Honda 2 Stroke.

Jimi007

I came out of the 7-11 on the beach road of Rawai with my wife and this younger guy kept looking at my motorbike and me. I finally said; what? This thing has a lot more power than whatever little scooter you're riding. He said, I know. I've about killed myself on my 150 cc 2 stroke twice! Then he said, I collect 2 stoke bikes. I said mine is all original, he replied I know! Let me know if you want to sell! Usually people give me crap about my bike, until I go flying by them! Anyway, it was a bit amusing...

Edited by Jimi007

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought they were illegal.

It's a 1997 Honda Smile S. 110 cc two stroke. Nothing illegal about it. Fully registered, and tested. It has 37,000 original KMs on it. Really fun to ride. It has a large expansion chamber that is stock as well. I've only seen one other like it in many years here. I guess everyone else crashed theirs.

Edited by Jimi007

Filling the oil sucks. Ok for purists (Abos) who love the smell but unconventional in today's world.

Give me 4 stroke anyday.

No big deal. Auto inject. Separate 2T tank and a lot more power per cc!

What does it rev to? How many RPM's?

No tachometer. But the Thai kids I go flying by later see me at the petrol station and make a very high pitched sound, then smile and we all laugh! I can go over 70 kph in third gear up hill, so pretty high rpms.

Edited by Jimi007
  • Like 1

I used to have a modified honda dash 2 stroke, Scarily fast 0-80 .

Miss that bike and its insane power.

Mine is a bit scary over 110 KPH. Skinny tires... But the 2 stroke power curve is really fun!

I love two strokes back in OZ i have a Have a Honda RS125 GP race bike... power band like a bungee cord.. here I would love a bike japanses air cooled two stroke.. so if anyone knows where there is one for sale please let me know...

I love those 2 stroke bikes... so much POWER! specially at the 3rd gear.

I used to ride my friends 2 Stroke Honda Sonic 110cc, maximum speed 140KM/s, out of red lights on 1st gear I smoked the shit out of the scooters.

I smoke even the 150cc CBRs

if you love old bikes like me, watch this movie: "The World's Fastest Indian"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_World's_Fastest_Indian

I love those 2 stroke bikes... so much POWER! specially at the 3rd gear.

I used to ride my friends 2 Stroke Honda Sonic 110cc, maximum speed 140KM/s, out of red lights on 1st gear I smoked the shit out of the scooters.

I smoke even the 150cc CBRs

Aren't Sonics 4-stroke? Or did he do a crazy swap?

"I love those 2 stroke bikes... so much POWER! specially at the 3rd gear."

The 'power' doesn't relate to the gear, but to the torque band, and that's a narrow rpm band in a 2 stroke, unlike a 4 stroke, which has a wide torque band, so much smoother acceleration.

I think 2 strokes should be outlawed because of the visual and noise pollution they cause, spewing smoke, and a horrible rattly sound.

It's a 1997 Honda Smile S. 110 cc two stroke. Nothing illegal about it. Fully registered, and tested. It has 37,000 original KMs on it. Really fun to ride. It has a large expansion chamber that is stock as well. I've only seen one other like it in many years here. I guess everyone else crashed theirs.

If its really fun to ride, how come it has only 37,000 km on it after 16 years or so?

Or, perhaps the speedo cable had been broken a while and it has way more k's than that? and your prepping for a sale?

just asking

If its really fun to ride, how come it has only 37,000 km on it after 16 years or so?

Or, perhaps the speedo cable had been broken a while and it has way more k's than that? and your prepping for a sale?

just asking

I bought it seven years ago, it only had 24,000 KM on it. I have another bike that I use for errands that has 73,000 KMs on it. No, I'm not selling it. I need wash it and paint the expansion chamber soon.

post-44146-0-64487600-1368689003_thumb.j

Back in the day I raced Yamaha RD350's and TZ250's. Also had RZ350's and the first water cooled 2 stroke, the LC350.

Got a fully restored RD400G that I've re-jetted, re-filtered, fitted DG racing expansion chambers and wiseco pistons. Goes like stink but tends to melt pistons due to the re-jetting. Keep the needle in the red area on the tacho for more than 30 seconds and "bang". Got three sets of spare cylinders though, so that's at least another dozen rebores!

Seriously, the 2-stroke/smokes back in the 70's and 80's were the bees knees. Power band really meant something back in those days, and you could do a lot for the bike with simple mods or cheap replacements parts like reeds and jets. I still love to hear even the small 2 stroke bikes you see around here, but it breaks my heart to see a TZ350 strapped to a sidecar selling sticky rice and BBQ pork! blink.png

Yes two stroke engines produce more power, but they also produce a hell of a lot more noise and air pollution. Good ridance to your bike. Everytime I see and hear one of these noisy smelly machines I want to run into it. That would be amusing.