Selling Motorbike With No Blue Book

UKJASE

hello guys, wondering if you can help me please

we bought a house about 14 months ago and the guy threw in an old ish motorbike in with the sale of the house

the bike was not in his name, and apparently belonged to someone who has left hua hin now, but was passed onto the guy who gave it to us (i have no doubt he was telling the truth)

are we able to tax this bike and use it with no blue book?

or, are we able to sell it, by first obtaining a blue book?

my wife is thai, i am 100% farang

need help please guys as it is a nice bike, but just sitting there unused at the minute wai.gif

Forget the book route

All you can really do is advertise & sell it as a INV bike

Meaning it comes with an invoice of sale is all.

Most folks realize they will never be able to register the bike & either use it for parts

or chance riding it on the road.

Depending on the bike it could also be used at a race track

What kind of bike is it?

what is blue book?

Has it got a number plate ?

sorry, i mean green book..... (quickly checks he has his blue book whistling.gif )

not sure what sort of bike it is, but the lad who we bought the house off was a dane who was well into bikes and looked after this one well he said. i have attached a picture of the bike....... it does have a number plate yes

PS i will attach a pic as soon as i work out how

so the only way i can get it legal again is to find out who the owner is and track them down?

is that correct?

any idea how i could go about that? could i talk to the traffic office here and ask them to contact the last registered owner??

so the only way i can get it legal again is to find out who the owner is and track them down?

is that correct?

any idea how i could go about that? could i talk to the traffic office here and ask them to contact the last registered owner??

That is a lot of work for a $300 bike eh?

• Like 2

is that correct?

depends how rich / lazy you are i suppose.......

it just a shame to let a nice bike go to waste..... i feel she wants to be back out there amongst the oil and grime and soi dogs, but at the mo she is just gathering dust down our side alley....... like a caged and shackled tiger sad.png

is that correct?

it just a shame to let a nice bike go to waste..... i feel she wants to be back out there amongst the oil and grime and soi dogs, but at the mo she is just gathering dust down our side alley....... like a caged and shackled tiger sad.png

If you really wish to see it back on the road

I think I would consider giving it to a needy kid or lady down the road who could use it as is for work etc

But seeing it I just figured really not worth the hassle of tracking down owners & trying to get

signatures & papers etc. with the thought of selling it.

Also it looks like a re-spray & that could have a few reasons attached too.

Good luck though which ever way you decide to go.

Edited by mania
  • Like 1

is that correct?

I think I would consider giving it to a needy kid or lady down the road who could use it as is for work etc

But seeing it I just figured really not worth the hassle of tracking down owners & trying to get

To be honest I would not give it away. If the receiver has a problem the finger will point at the OP, sure. sad.png

Forget the book route

All you can really do is advertise & sell it as a INV bike

Meaning it comes with an invoice of sale is all.

Most folks realize they will never be able to register the bike & either use it for parts

or chance riding it on the road.

Depending on the bike it could also be used at a race track

What kind of bike is it?

+1

no you cant tax it without the book.

it would be almost imposeible to get a book

it looks like it would be a nice farm bike.

if the wife has any countryside relatives, give it to them... out there they can get away with riding locally it in most places.

is that correct?

To be honest I would not give it away. If the receiver has a problem the finger will point at the OP, sure. sad.png

That would be under the assumption that the police would give a damn in the first place... besides, if the OP sells it with a bill of sale and no book, he has no responsibility for what the buyer does with it.

if the wife has any countryside relatives, give it to them... out there they can get away with riding locally it in most places.

A good plan if the relatives live locally, a bad one if you need to transport it any distance in the back of a pick-up. If the BiB stop you, and you don't have the papers, you could find yourself with a whole heap of problems.

• Like 1

A good plan if the relatives live locally, a bad one if you need to transport it any distance in the back of a pick-up. If the BiB stop you, and you don't have the papers, you could find yourself with a whole heap of problems.

I don't think you need a green book to send it by post, do you?

Take it apart and transport it bit by bit in a car boot, problem solved

That would be under the assumption that the police would give a damn in the first place... besides, if the OP sells it with a bill of sale and no book, he has no responsibility for what the buyer does with it.

I disagree. If he sells it with a bill of sale he is putting his name to it and if it has been reported stolen then he could have a problem, selling something which does not belong to him.

Give it away up-country, let it be stolen, break it and sell the parts. Certainly not worth the trouble of trying to sort out registration and paying tha back tax. The previous owner would have done that if it was viable.

Op back.......

cheers for valuable replies people.....

so are you saying if i go to the local transport office at Pranburi and explain the situation, there is nothing at all they can do for me except hit me with an unpaid taxes bill?

surely this kind of thing must happen fairly regularly and the authorites would prefer to see the bike back on the road legally, than being driven around illegally?

Also, the unpaid taxes bill would not exceed 1000B would it, as i imagine the bike has been off the road a max of 6 years (although the guy i got it from when i bought the house used to use it to go into hua hin quite regularly on it).... does anyone know what the yearly fine is for unpaid tax?

thanks again guys wai.gif

pic attached (i hope)

When you said a bike I though you meant a BIKE. The Dane was into bikes?? Did he have a pony tail, a leather vest and a goatee? Must have looked really funny on this "bike".....

he used to be a biker yea...... i guess this was his run around for the mrs or something, but he did used to look after the bike he told us and stripped it down and taken care of it etc

plus he had a big hells angel type bike sticker on the fridge (which took ages to peel off - real hardcore glue) smile.png