Swiss Bank Robbery Suspect Arrested In Hua Hin

webfact

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Has anyone else noticed that most of the criminals paraded at these photo shoots, Thai and foreign, are heavily tattooed?

What do people think of the idea that, at Immigration, any person presenting themselves with such "body art", should be subjected to special questioning, with the presumption that entry be denied unless they can prove their bona fides?

Lord, please let me be next in line when they strip search Megan Fox.
  • Like 1

Well, he will not undergo any tatooing in a Bangkok slammer then. And as he is seeked by the Swiss authorities he will be flown on a government-sponsored ticket to merry old Switzerland, where a prison term is better than many lousy travel packages you can buy on the market. Menues to choose from, Internet, education-enhancement possibilities and some pocket money. Life is a breeze and if he would not have been such an idiot then he would have been able to enjoy the cash fall as robbing a bank in Switzerland enjoys certain sympathy - meanwhile!

Has anyone else noticed that most of the criminals paraded at these photo shoots, Thai and foreign, are heavily tattooed?

What do people think of the idea that, at Immigration, any person presenting themselves with such "body art", should be subjected to special questioning, with the presumption that entry be denied unless they can prove their bona fides?

I would go a step further and make all the new arrivals AND the current farang residents be subjected to tattoo searches. Anybody with any kind of tattoo should be deported. Have you noticed that it's never the educated and civilised people who cover their bodies with this "art", always the riff raff, ex-cons etc. No tattoos - no riff raff - equals peaceful and safe LOS. Simple.
Darn it. I've been so longing all these years to retire in LoS. It's my own fault though - I did have tattoos when I broke the speed limit that time.

I think that's a great idea. Luckily I have splendid bona fides. Still, I'm not looking forward to the unavoidable body-art strip search every time I land. But at least I'll be smart enough to bring a packed lunch, to sit and eat while I wait for the 200 people ahead of me to get strip searched. Or maybe there'll be an ink dog, who'll scamper past me, of course, but nail the recidivist human canvas behind me. As the undesirables are dragged away in shame, I'll thank God for sparing me from spending any more time in close association with such inexterminable scum. Let's fire up a petition for this brilliant initiative!

Edited by aboctok
  • Like 1

"Mr. Tharit said the assets would be returned to Swiss authorities, and Thai officials were investigating how the man managed to smuggle the money into Thailand."

Thailand is top ten destination for international money laundering because it's easy to bring money in with few/zero questions asked.

and hard to transfer large sums back of thailand

Wow what a ridiculous statement filipesed, tattoos make an instant criminal.

Therefore your logic dictates all old men are pedophiles...etc etc. Too bad its not an offence to be an ignoramous Or you would be in solitary confinement.

• Like 2

''The arrest was a collaborative effort of 3 agencies,''

Combined with a few conspicuous tattoos.

That was my thought also. I always wondered why those that choose a career as a criminal have some of the most obvious and ridiculous tatoos. It's like running around with a huge neon light saying "It's me."

Strange though it may seem, it s a real poser how the Thai wifes come in so fast.Wonder if its the man or the passpbook that attracts?. then few months later followed by a dreadful syndrome called foreigner falling out of the high balcony..

Atleast in this case the Thai police are declariing the full spoils....

I would go a step further and make all the new arrivals AND the current farang residents be subjected to tattoo searches. Anybody with any kind of tattoo should be deported. Have you noticed that it's never the educated and civilised people who cover their bodies with this "art", always the riff raff, ex-cons etc. No tattoos - no riff raff - equals peaceful and safe LOS. Simple.
Darn it. I've been so longing all these years to retire in LoS. It's my own fault though - I did have tattoos when I broke the speed limit that time.

I'll get my coat as well...................sad.png

• Like 1

"I would go a step further and make all the new arrivals AND the current farang residents be subjected to tattoo searches. Anybody with any kind of tattoo should be deported. Have you noticed that it's never the educated and civilised people who cover their bodies with this "art", always the riff raff, ex-cons etc. No tattoos - no riff raff - equals peaceful and safe LOS. Simple."

This is the most sweeping generalization I have ever seen on this site. Staggering.

..or one of the most tongue in cheek...

He is going to get one more tattoo it will say "LOOSER" and will be across his forehead.

BTW he looks very black skinned for a farang, wonder if he's been taking yabba?

tattoo on forehead would read RESOOL as he would probably do it himself whilst looking in the mirror

dumb and dumber

How predictable. Just follow the girlfriend. Did the man hear of other destinations where your picture is not yet taken at immigration and where your details are not typed in a computer? He has a few years to think about it and next time when he robs a bar he would hopefully have removed his tattoo so he is not immediately recognizable anymore and go to a nice island in the Caribbean.

All you csi hercule miss marbles. Just a suggestion, he probably wore a mask and gloves while he was allegedly robbing the fine upstanding bank

That would be in the real world...we're in TV Land here signthaivisa.gifwhistling.gif