Looking For House To Rent!

pluto_manibo

We are looking to move down to Phuket and would like some advice in terms of rentals and/or recommended real estate agents. We have checked the classifieds in Phuket gazette and onlne through thaivisa and Bahtsold. If anyone has any advice, please do let us know. Where do long term expats choose to settle down. We would consider any area but not to crazy about Patong, unless the house is exceptional. Thank you very much.wai2.gif

did you look at house in phuket website (welta), probably the best for rentals i think

i like rawai myself but i'm sure other people will recommend their part of the island as the best

it depends what you want. rawai has a bit of everything but isn't over the top like patong. the north is much quieter and i'm guessing a bit cheaper but you'll have to drive more to get to shops, etc. i think town would be good if you are more comfortable in a mostly Thai environment.

Edited by stevehaigh

Most of the amenities aimed towards foreigners are from about Phuket town/Kathu area and south. Good call avoiding Patong. Rawai is very popular, as is Chalong. Still close enough to the beaches but not over the top as stevehiegh says. The best thing to do is stay in a guesthouse for a week or so then rent a car and just explore. There are some really neat homes to rent here. Everything from 8,000B per month to 100,000B per month. Most common for someone like you are probably 20,000B to 25,000B houses which are pretty nice.

Edited by NomadJoe
  • Like 1

I think we've all done a few laps around this course already and Steve is completely correct that everyone will tend to cheerlead their own choice of location.

I would first decide which part of the island you want to live on and start from there. In my residential estate in Rassada there are 150 houses, about a third of which are up for sale or rent. I believe the situation is much the same in most other parts of the island. It is definitely a buyers' (or in this case 'renters'') market.

• Like 2

many many houses for rent here in Kamala, 12,000-100,000

DON'T use an agent ( no reason too) and no advantage to it

just find the area you wish to live in and drive around and ask

most thai's put up for rent signs.

Rawaii an chalong u need deal with Chao fa road if u wish to travel to Phuket town, which is backed up most of the day

• Like 2

I like most of the areas...Surin, Kamala, Bang Tao, rawai, nai Han....They all have their charms, if I am fairly close to good surf, have reliable fast internet speed, no dead end street, perimeter wall, pet friendly, close to basic amenities...it will suit us. Thanks for all the replies so far.

I'm in Rawai and the road I'm on has quite a few rental that have opened up over the last few weeks.

Most are 2 bedroom for 15K a month nice units to,,,

Russians going home now so should be lots of rentals out there at the moment

• Like 1

I'm in Rawai and the road I'm on has quite a few rental that have opened up over the last few weeks.

Are the 2 bedroom units for 15K mostly furnished or unfurnished.

Chalong is busto, bang Tao is far away from everything, I'd choose rawai. Has everything: lots restaurant both western and thai, close to beach, some places to go out at night but it's not as crazy as patong, wide range of houses, 20 minutes to patong and Phuket town and u can catch taxi at night.

not really sure of furniture as all the units have seperate landlords i thonk...

But the unit I rent came furnished with small flat screen and fridge..

Was an internet service included and what additional costs have you got on top of the 15k a month.

I was living in Kathu last year and that was very handy for Central Festival,food shopping at Tops market.
I wanted to live in Rawai but got messed around by every agent I went to see!The property was already rented or the agent would tell you once you'd agreed on a property the owner wanted 6 months rent up front,a massive red flag in my book,signifying gambling debts or something equally bad or worse!w00t.gif

It took me 7 weeks of living in a room in Patong,I had a budget of USD $2,000/month by the way so wasn't looking for anything on the cheap!It was about this time of the year that I found somewhere,low season is definitely the best time to look.
I think part of my problem was looking at the back end of high season when they're mostly still rented for stupid money by Russian holidaymakers for 1 to 3 months!

not really sure of furniture as all the units have seperate landlords i thonk...

But the unit I rent came furnished with small flat screen and fridge..

Was an internet service included and what additional costs have you got on top of the 15k a month.

For my place I pay extra for cable,internet,electric,and town water..

not sure how it is set up in other homes on this street ??

Cable apx 300 baht or True vision (UBC) 1,200-2,100

Electric always pay on ur own.

triple B 10 mbs internet wifi in ur house 635 baht/month unlimited

My water is free as is trash

Most everyplace will have beds, frig, tv, sofa, table of some sort, hot water.

Possible fans/air cons

Edited by phuketrichard

• 8 months later...

I have seen (Rassada) in a few posts where is this residential estate, on my poor maps of Phuket its not shown?

I think we've all done a few laps around this course already and Steve is completely correct that everyone will tend to cheerlead their own choice of location.

I would first decide which part of the island you want to live on and start from there. In my residential estate in Rassada there are 150 houses, about a third of which are up for sale or rent. I believe the situation is much the same in most other parts of the island. It is definitely a buyers' (or in this case 'renters'') market.

I have seen (Rassada) in a few posts where is this residential estate, on my poor maps of Phuket its not shown?

Northern part of Phuket Town.

What road is that? If you're not comfortable telling it on the forum, can you pm me please? thanks wai2.gif