Bhat Bus Mafia Figures Out How To Annoy Us Even More

Awohalitsiktoli

Back to the topic in the OP, I do not think there is a policy change on stopping at Pattaya Tai going from Jomtien. It might happen 1 in 10 times if that, maybe even 1 in 50 times. Hard to know. Over time if people see a PATTERN of that kind of driver behavior, please post about it. I certainly will. For now, I just think it is a few "rogue" drivers and I think certain of these drivers probably do that a lot. Meaning it's a luck of the draw kind of thing.

Edited by Jingthing

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Back to the topic in the OP, I do not think there is a policy change on stopping at Pattaya Tai going from Jomtien. It might happen 1 in 10 times if that, maybe even 1 in 50 times. Hard to know. Over time if people see a PATTERN of that kind of driver behavior, please post about it. I certainly will. For now, I just think it is a few "rogue" drivers and I think certain of these drivers probably do that a lot. Meaning it's a luck of the draw kind of thing.

Speculation ?

Speculation ?

Not. I ride the route all the time. I see patterns. I've even seen the same drivers play the same stunts.

How is posting about it change anything?

Some people really have too much free time on their hands.

So the baht bus stopped before or after the usual stop and one had to walk little or pay extra 10 baht.

Man, really some people seriously need a hobby or something.

Better yet, get your own transport, can get one as cheap as $300

If can not ride a bike, put a 3rd wheel and off you go

There they go again. You can't have a baht bus thread without the private transport pushers having a go. I guess some people feel the need to share the thrill of the massively high risk of accidents and death from bike riding.

Posting about it would be useful to riders of baht buses so they know what to expect and whether when something strange happens, whether it is random bad luck, or reflective of a widespread policy change.

Edited by Jingthing

There they go again. You can't have a baht bus thread without the private transport pushers having a go.

Posting about it would be useful to riders of baht buses so they know what to expect and whether when something strange happens, whether it is random bad luck, or reflective of a widespread policy change.

You mean something like having a thread without you trying to stamp your authority over it?
  • Like 1

There they go again. You can't have a baht bus thread without the private transport pushers having a go.

You mean something like having a thread without you trying to stamp your authority over it?

No. I mean how many times do baht bus riders post on vehicle threads and say: SELL YOUR BIKE! Answer: Never. On baht bus threads, almost every time there are some pro private vehicle people trying to make converts and even MOCKING and insulting the people who choose to use the public transport. It's really weird I think. Where it the tolerance? Does everyone need to use the same methods to get around town as you?

Edited by Jingthing

No. I mean how many times do baht bus riders post on vehicle threads and say: SELL YOUR BIKE! Answer: Never. On baht bus threads, almost every time there are some pro private vehicle people trying to make converts and even MOCKING and insulting the people who choose to use the public transport. It's really weird I think. Where it the tolerance? Does everyone need to use the same methods to get around town as you?
IF you have a problem with how baht bus works or the system or who owns or runs it, you buy your own transportation and carry on with your life.

You certainly do not waste half of it(your time/life) on complaining about it.

Edited by lemoncake

IF you have a problem with how baht bus works or the system or who owns or runs it, you buy your own transportation and carry on with your life.

Thanks for sharing your opinions about how other people who aren't you should conduct their lives. Funny thing. People are different. I won't run a private vehicle here EVER. I am totally committed to that. If I can't make the public system work, I'd rather leave town. There is no perfect system. So your private solution is perfect for you then? Please.

Edited by Jingthing

Thanks for sharing your opinions about how other people who aren't you should conduct their lives.
No problem, thanks for sharing your opinion about how other people should feel about the baht bus, on almost every single

thread

No problem, thanks for sharing your opinion about how other people should feel about the baht bus, on almost every single

thread

I express my opinions yes. I just don't think baht bus threads are the most apt places for people to insult and mock baht bus riders and are obsessed with pushing private vehicle ownership. You wouldn't expect baht bus pushers on vehicle problem threads, now would you? Do you think baht bus riders aren't aware there are other kinds of vehicles on the road?

Edited by Jingthing

thread

I express my opinions yes. I just don't think baht bus threads are the most apt places for people who insult baht bus riders and are obsessed with pushing private vehicle ownership. You wouldn't expect baht bus pushers on vehicle problem threads, now would you? Do you think baht bus riders aren't aware there are other kinds of vehicles on the road?
and he we go again.

You do not like baht bus owners and system, it am pretty sure everyone understood that by now.

Stop using it and stop whining about it

And by the way, just like you, i can express my opinion, unless of course you have a trademark on opinions

• Like 1

So the baht bus stopped before or after the usual stop and one had to walk little or pay extra 10 baht.

But of course when you spend time in a bathbus thread it's not because you have too much time on your hands but that we would all be lost without your participation or do you also work as a security guard at your hotel and have to kill time on TV ? :whistling:

• Like 1

I don't think it is cool to presume to tell people to stop using a system that they rely on just because they have issues with it and choose to express those issues here. If you don't wish to read comments about baht buses don't read baht bus threads.

Edited by Jingthing

But of course when you spend time in a bathbus thread it's not because you have too much time on your hands but that we would all be lost without your participation or do you also work as a security guard at your hotel and have to kill time on TV ? whistling.gif
IF it was remotely relevant, i would bother, but since its one of your standard troll posts, will just ignore

But it's obnoxious to presume you can tell people to stop using a system that they rely on just because they have issues with it and choose to express those issues here.

But it perfectly acceptable to whine about it on daily basis and yet continue to use it

But it's obnoxious to presume you can tell people to stop using a system that they rely on just because they have issues with it and choose to express those issues here.

But it perfectly acceptable to whine about it on daily basis and yet continue to use it

Last word awarded to you. No point in further comments in this vein.

Last word awarded to you. No point in further comments in this vein.
well thank you. Perhaps it's time to make a poll on people satisfaction with baht bus service and system

I am okay with the current system. However, I wish there was a practical way for non-Thai to pay more than the Thai.

Just pay whatever you like over the actual fare and walk away indicating you don't want change. Is that too impractical?

• Like 1

"Mafia" would have one to consider the Baht Bus operators to be a criminal syndicate.

Really this a big stretch to consider them as a criminal syndicate (maybe they are all running yaa Ba for Mr Big and using the baht buses as a front ????).............

"cartel" as mentioned by Black Pudding is very much fitting though.

Anywho those that do will always have a hard on for the "mafia"............

Mafia with a capital M is a criminal syndicate.

mafia is "any small powerful or influential group in an organization or field; clique. " which adequately describes the restriction if trade that is applied in Pattaya.

• Like 1

Lemoncake had to come here and be mean and ruin the topic for everybody. Was that necessary? This was the best thread in a long while but you had to ruin it.

sad.pngsad.pngsad.png

Edited by valgehiir

Mafia with a capital M is a criminal syndicate.

mafia is "any small powerful or influential group in an organization or field; clique. " which adequately describes the restriction if trade that is applied in Pattaya.

Yep. Many people seem to have a problem with the concept that many words have multiple meanings and it is OK to use a word even when you don't intend to communicate its PRIMARY definition.

Edited by Jingthing

Some people don't have a choice, they HAVE to use public transport.

And because they HAVE to use it, it doesn't make it perfect.

I agree, the public transport options in pattaya are a continuing problem, from the song tows to the non-meter "meter" cabs, and the motocyes. They are all a complete rip off for tourists, expats, and local Thais. The prices charged for the distances traveled are just a scam.

Go visit Phuket, you will see just how cheap Pattaya public transport is!!

Here we go...the Pattaya scam is not as bad as the Phuket scam so we should be thankful and just accept it!

The point is that Pattaya has grown to be more than just a tourist-trap town, where there are lots of full time working and retired expats and Thais too. These people need safe, affordable, and reliable transportation to go about their daily lives.

As for B10 being affordable, from where I'm from in farangland, one can travel in an air-conditioned bus or tram for 10-30 miles for B35-75. How much would a songtow charge to go to Sri Racha or Satahip in non-air-conditioned non-insured terror?

And without doubt those farangland buses are also privately run and without subsidizing ?

Have you ever considered that even with your own motorbike you can't make that trip for 10 Baht if you take evrything into account?

I agree, the public transport options in pattaya are a continuing problem, from the song tows to the non-meter "meter" cabs, and the motocyes. They are all a complete rip off for tourists, expats, and local Thais. The prices charged for the distances traveled are just a scam.

Go visit Phuket, you will see just how cheap Pattaya public transport is!!

Here we go...the Pattaya scam is not as bad as the Phuket scam so we should be thankful and just accept it!

The point is that Pattaya has grown to be more than just a tourist-trap town, where there are lots of full time working and retired expats and Thais too. These people need safe, affordable, and reliable transportation to go about their daily lives.

As for B10 being affordable, from where I'm from in farangland, one can travel in an air-conditioned bus or tram for 10-30 miles for B35-75. How much would a songtow charge to go to Sri Racha or Satahip in non-air-conditioned non-insured terror?

And without doubt those farangland buses are also privately run and without subsidizing ?

Have you ever considered that even with your own motorbike you can't make that trip for 10 Baht if you take evrything into account?

Maybe because you can't get 20 people onto a motocy?

"mafia is any small powerful or influential group in an organization or field; clique. "

Mafioso with a pocket full of 10 baht bits. Sounds dangerous to me.

The baht bus drivers I've come across smile, wave and toot. Don't look much like a mafia to me.

"mafia is any small powerful or influential group in an organization or field; clique. "

Mafioso with a pocket full of 10 baht bits. Sounds dangerous to me.

The baht bus drivers I've come across smile, wave and toot. Don't look much like a mafia to me.

Do you rely on the buses for your transport? coffee1.gif

The system is much bigger than at just the single bus level. Each bus also acts as a potential charter taxi and the fares are overpriced and not flexible because there is no competition. The "competition" is the taxi meter cars owned by the same outfit who do only charters and will not use the meters. The buses themselves cover some areas very well, but other large areas of town ... not at all. Do the math.

The drivers are not owners. They lease their vehicles. They work hard and hustle as you would expect. The basic fare of 10 baht is indeed very reasonable. It's hard to deny that even when sometimes you end up with drivers pushing you off the bus before your destination, having a charter hijack the bus in another direction, having the driver just turn from the expected route, etc. I am not one to suggest everything about the system is bad. To those who say it is cheap so that's good enough, OK, but in my view cheap isn't quite enough. I'd like a better service, more reliable routes (with a requirement to finish the route), better coverage of the overall area of the city, and real competition for charters in the form of real taxi meters. I do include the taxi meters in the system because clearly the owners do. That's how they maintain their total monopoly.

BTW, the taxi meter system is really the biggest joke. It seems clear they sit idle MOST of the time hustling for fares. (Parked, waiting, hassling.) Imagine if we had a REAL Bangkok system here. They'd be working much harder and the public would be served MUCH better. The demand for what they offer CHARTER RIPOFF FARES exists but is limited. The demand for regulated reasonable taxi meter fares is MUCH BIGGER. In my view, the main reason the FAKE taxi meters exists is to cement the transport monopoly which is mainly baht buses. Without that, the whole baht bus setup (including really lousy total area coverage) could be threatened by REAL competition.

Edited by Jingthing

Are you people for real!

In England it's cost £5 for a return on a bus that's 200+ baht.

It's £3.90 for a return on a tram, that's 150+ baht

Shall I go on.

10 baht for a baht bus is cheap for a westerner, and is the right price for a thai national.

If the baht bus stops, pay the extra 10 baht to go where you want, if not walk!

Where is the scam, in my opinion it will stop congestion on 2nd road as less baht buses will be travelling through.

Scam hahahahahaha have you people gone mad.