Iran's Ahmadinejad To Join Thai ' Water Summit'

webfact

I am amazed he's coming. God forbid he has a bad fall down some stairs or something.

Watch this space. You think the Thais can provide proper security? Also aren't there meant to 50k protesters in Bangkok?

50,000 protesters in Bangkok? What's that got to do with him going to Chiang Mai? Gimme a map quick!

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

No doubt he must have heard about the good time his country men having here

in Pattaya and elsewhere, and he just wana have some fun

too, Oh those Iranian man...

Iranian men...yes...cos there aren't any Iranian homosexuals

One thing I like about him is he sticks by his prinsables (no matter how low, non existent or wrong people may think/know them to be) that is more than many politisions, business people and alround individuals do, offer most a brown bag and they forget what there original goal was/is.

If ever there was a presidential disaster, it was Ahmadinejad. I was a disaster for Iran and it was also a disaster for the Islamic Republic as a political system. Perhaps you will know that Ahmadinejad's economic policies have decimated Iran. Inflation is rampant, there is mass unemployment and Iran's currency has been greatly devalued. Perhaps you will recall Ahmadinejad saying about Iran's nuclear policy that it is " a train without brakes", but this train has hurt Iran immensely.

So, you like him because he stuck by his principles, ruined Iran and is a major threat to stability in the world? Yeah, right, good on ya Mr President, you piece of.....bah.gif

• Like 2

One thing I like about him is he sticks by his prinsables (no matter how low, non existent or wrong people may think/know them to be) that is more than many politisions, business people and alround individuals do, offer most a brown bag and they forget what there original goal was/is.

If ever there was a presidential disaster, it was Ahmadinejad. I was a disaster for Iran and it was also a disaster for the Islamic Republic as a political system. Perhaps you will know that Ahmadinejad's economic policies have decimated Iran. Inflation is rampant, there is mass unemployment and Iran's currency has been greatly devalued. Perhaps you will recall Ahmadinejad saying about Iran's nuclear policy that it is " a train without brakes", but this train has hurt Iran immensely.

So, you like him because he stuck by his principles, ruined Iran and is a major threat to stability in the world? Yeah, right, good on ya Mr President, you piece of.....bah.gif

As he twice successfully passed the screening by the Guardian Council when running for president he was officially considered an ideal candidate and well suited (pun intended) for the job - at least according to "islamic republican" standards.

Wow, that's interesting... Thailand such a country where US has influence, and now Iranian president visiting Thailand?

I believe that next decades wars will be about Water instead of Oil.

It has already started in fact: Libya.

Libya was about to finish one of the worlds greatest man made water projects in the middle of the desert. now it's all destroyed and many libyan small towns are struggling to get fresh water.

Water is a resource that the middle east is working hard to secure and western main corporations to monopolize.

The things you don't see on the main-stream news media...

Absolutely, oil is old, it's all about the H20, and call me paranoid, but in my lifetime I may see a shift towards air being a heavy commodity as well. Already starting in China.

Yes choose your friends carefully as NeverSure rightly quoted, you are now on the road to know where, this is a well worn track, many have covered this course only to find to their detriment , you are , in the end, the worlds biggest loser, taking out a massive loan by circumventing the loan guidelines as mapped out with the IMF, joining forces with countries that have no respect for human life, bodes an ill wind for Thailand, Mr Ahmadinejad presence is something Thailand can do without and would be viewed with alarm from other countries. You make no friends here. Score: 0/10bah.gif

I agree with you here

Cannot see when the Iranian leader will bring to the table

Looks like Thailand is trying to align itself with dictators and communists.

They must feel they are better of siding with Asian allies and the are pretty

much telling the west "we are Thailand, we do what we want .. if you no like ... eff off"

I never cared much for the guy, but compared to the geriatric clerics who pull the strings from behind, he's a breath of fresh air.

Perhaps after the summit, he can spend a few days in Pattaya. This is the end of his term as President and he deserves a little holiday.

I am amazed he's coming. God forbid he has a bad fall down some stairs or something.

Watch this space. You think the Thais can provide proper security? Also aren't there meant to 50k protesters in Bangkok?

50k protesters in Bangkok - will they be travelling to Chiang Mai? Thailand has been pretty good at providing security for most of the top of the heap characters, except perhaps Seh Daeng.

No. This means that every major copper and every TV channel will be looking at Bangkok

I will be happy to take him out for a night on the town.

First a dinner of Thai food with Khao Ka Moo (pork leg over rice), khao pad moo (pork fried rice) and some pork satay.

Then an evening with whisky and extra benefits for him with one or two of Thailand's infamous ladyboys.

I will also buy him a nice pig skin wallet or a pig skin hat.

A very strong contender for the most stupid post today award!! w00t.gif

Nah.

Winner.

Funny you mention it, no doubt he is on a few hit lists and Thailand with its "super" trained guards and attitude is a great place to hit the mark

The friendship is pretty strong, I'd say.

smile.png

Thai trade official slams US sanctions on Iran

http://www.presstv.com/detail/230133.html

The sanctions against Iran are unjust, unfair, unreasonable and probably counter productive.

I am surprised you have not moved over there yet, since you such a strong supporterrolleyes.gif

I am sure you can sell fish hooks from there as well, to all the neighbors

Funny you mention it, no doubt he is on a few hit lists and Thailand with its "super" trained guards and attitude is a great place to hit the mark

Well considering the muppets who blew themselves up were supposedly targeting the Israeli ambassador.

As i said, just watch this space.

That could be a ..... heavy water ..... summit. I wonder if he will get a glowing review, he may

even be radiant.

So many negative comments about a place no ones probably never been to (or wouldn't be allowed to go) and certainly don't know the history. The Shah started on the nuclear path with the help of the west who advised him that Iran's oil would run out in 30 years. Iran has the right to use nuclear power as every other nation does without having it's scientists assassinated by Mosat and the daily threat of being bombed out of existance by Israel/US.

Ironically, their first reactor was given by the USA, the same as the one in Bangkok.

• Like 2

That could be a ..... heavy water ..... summit. I wonder if he will get a glowing review, he may

even be radiant.

So many negative comments about a place no ones probably never been to (or wouldn't be allowed to go) and certainly don't know the history. The Shah started on the nuclear path with the help of the west who advised him that Iran's oil would run out in 30 years. Iran has the right to use nuclear power as every other nation does without having it's scientists assassinated by Mosat and the daily threat of being bombed out of existance by Israel/US.

Ironically, their first reactor was given by the USA, the same as the one in Bangkok.

visions of "the sum of all fears" then ?...sad.png

Yes choose your friends carefully as NeverSure rightly quoted, you are now on the road to know where, this is a well worn track, many have covered this course only to find to their detriment , you are , in the end, the worlds biggest loser, taking out a massive loan by circumventing the loan guidelines as mapped out with the IMF, joining forces with countries that have no respect for human life, bodes an ill wind for Thailand, Mr Ahmadinejad presence is something Thailand can do without and would be viewed with alarm from other countries. You make no friends here. Score: 0/10bah.gif

I agree with you here

Cannot see when the Iranian leader will bring to the table

Looks like Thailand is trying to align itself with dictators and communists.

They must feel they are better of siding with Asian allies and the are pretty

much telling the west "we are Thailand, we do what we want .. if you no like ... eff off"

It might be a question what the Iranian leader can put under the table....?

Edited by bigbamboo

The friendship is pretty strong, I'd say.

smile.png

Thai trade official slams US sanctions on Iran

http://www.presstv.com/detail/230133.html

The sanctions against Iran are unjust, unfair, unreasonable and probably counter productive.

I am surprised you have not moved over there yet, since you such a strong supporterrolleyes.gif

I am sure you can sell fish hooks from there as well, to all the neighbors

Yeah, why not go you only need

You would need around 2,792.17$ (82,955.02฿) in Tehran to maintain

the same standard of life that you can have with 53,000.00฿ in Chiang Mai

(assuming you rent in both cities).

This calculation uses our Consumer Prices Including Rent Index.

And think of all the fun and freedom you'll have.

Edited by uptheos

"His scheduled appearance in the northern Thai city of Chiang Mai from Sunday comes as Iran gears up for elections and as world powers press the Islamic republic over its suspected nuclear program and support for the Syrian regime."

'Suspected' nuclear program?? Really?

Why, do you know something the CIA don't? They have said that " Iran suspended its nuclear weapons program years ago, and that Tehran is not currently attempting to revive it"

• Like 1

"His scheduled appearance in the northern Thai city of Chiang Mai from Sunday comes as Iran gears up for elections and as world powers press the Islamic republic over its suspected nuclear program and support for the Syrian regime."

'Suspected' nuclear program?? Really?

Why, do you know something the CIA don't? They have said that " Iran suspended its nuclear weapons program years ago, and that Tehran is not currently attempting to revive it"

Strange that this was said two days ago.

U.S. State Department: Iran Sanctions 'Potentially' Having Impact on Nuclear Program

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424127887324767004578485500795091438.html

Edited by uptheos