Please Help With Non Immi Visa B

The embassy here is driving me up the wall. Any help greatly appreciated.

The company that will employ me in Thailand is sending me the papers by mail as appearantly a fax is not enough. The give me a list of things I need, basically a letter of invitation and company registration papers.

Well I got my documents and now this council is changing what he needs. I got the letter of invitation atlast by EMS (oher papers arriving in a few days) and now they guy is starting to piss me off. Now he says I need to ask my company to send a new letter of invitation as my passport number is not mentioned on my letter of invitation. Is this common practise?

Then he noticed (although he knows me well, he keeps on forgeting my details) that I am nopt from the country where the embassy is located in ( I am working here) and now he is not sure if he can issue me with a work permit and that I might have to go to my home country to get it. Is this normal?

I am just ready to fly to Thailand, pick up my papers from the company and just do an old fashioned visa run. I just want to get the ###### out of here. If I am in Phuket, where is the closest place to go to and get my non immi visa B? Cost and time?

I told the council that it might be easier to do it this way and he says new laws wont let me be able to do this anymore. Any truth to this?

I am flying to Phuket from Europe early next week. Will pick up all the paperworkd from the office in Phuket Town and then need to get to Penang. They have mini busses but that takes 11 hours or so which is a bit long for me. I am therefor looking for a quicker way.

I am flying to Phuket from Europe early next week. Will pick up all the paperworkd from the office in Phuket Town and then need to get to Penang. They have mini busses but that takes 11 hours or so which is a bit long for me. I am therefor looking for a quicker way.

Good luck. FYI they just announced that it is no longer Phuket Town...it has been gazetted as a city....henceforth Phuket City :D Now you know :o