Utility Rates For Condo In Foreigner's Vs Company's Name?

I think all the condos the water rate is set by the condo, so it makes no difference, whether in foreigner's or company's name, but I am not very sure, can somebody confirm this?

Secondly Electricity, what is the rate like? Is it also control by the condo or billed by the electric company? Any difference between foreigner's or company's name?

And also, just curious, how much higher for foreigner compare to thai rates?

Water in condo units is normal billed by the condo, based on readings taken by condo staff. The condo will normal have a single account with the water company and pay a single bill. Our condo charges 35 baht/unit.

For electricity it is normal for each unit to have its own electricity company meter, read and billed by electricity company.

There should be no difference between the cost in company name or foreign ownership. However there are different rates for commercial and residential properties. If your condo is owned by a company it is very important that you check that the account is set up as a residential property or you will pay to much.

In our condo each unit is billed separately by the electricity company but the management office pays all the bills automatically and invoices that individual owners. The amount per unit depends on the number of units used per month - the first 150 units are charged at it a reduced rate. Last month my bill was 1,320 baht, which was 315 units at 4.19 baht/unit.

Thanks for your input, so I was right on water rate, one standard rate regardless of ownership.

And for electricity, if foreigner and company are having the same rate, does it mean that foreigner and company are charge at the commercial rate? Because someone told me that there are 2 rates, one for company and the other for domestic, which is the thai citizen's rate.

I have stayed in house where utility bills are in thai and company's name, and I have noticed from the same usage, electricity for the company's rate is roughly 3 times that of the thai rate, and had even went to the water company to tell them that the company is a residential house, and they said if it was in a company name, just have to pay the commercial rate and nothing else. Well, have not try the electrical company yet. Will check it out next week.

Actually, for condo rental, the water and electric are billed to the owner and they can charge renters whatever rate they please.

I was shocked to find that some of my staff are paying 4-5,000 bt a month for electric. This is for a condo which rents for 4,500 bt.

Normally, the single unit condos I rent out, the renter usually only use 1,500-2,000 bt a month and that is what I charge.

No......but if the meter is registered in a company name then it's possible that the electricity company has incorrectly assumed that it is a commercial property and billed you incorrectly.

Good point, I will see what can be done on that hosue that was in company's name also.

Actually, for condo rental, the water and electric are billed to the owner and they can charge renters whatever rate they please.

I was shocked to find that some of my staff are paying 4-5,000 bt a month for electric. This is for a condo which rents for 4,500 bt.

Normally, the single unit condos I rent out, the renter usually only use 1,500-2,000 bt a month and that is what I charge.

Is this one of those apartments where you can rent it monthly?

I cannot speak for condo water but I have a house in a company name and since it is in a company name the Pattaya Water Company charges me the higher commercial rate. One can assume that if the condo is in a company name the water, if billed separately by the water company, will pay a higher rate.

I now know why the water company would not let me put the house water in my name but insisted that it had be in the company name unlike phone, cable TV, and Internet

As far as electricity is concerned my electric rate for my own meter in my condo is the same as my company owned home electric meter rate

I think that the electric rate will only be different if you have a 3 phase system versus single phase system

As far as electricity is concerned my electric rate for my own meter in

my condo is the same as my company owned home electric meter rate

SO, electricity rate is basically the same for foriegn and company ownership, good to know that. Btw is this rate the same as the thai rate, are foreigners paying more compare to the thai?

SO, electricity rate is basically the same for foriegn and company ownership, good to know that. Btw is this rate the same as the thai rate, are foreigners paying more compare to the thai?
If you are asking is there "double pricing" for foreigners versus Thais, no , only a different rate for companies, whether they be Thai or Farang owned makes no difference. A Thai friend owns an apartment building and he pays the same water rate that I do for my company owned house

If you are asking is there "double pricing" for foreigners versus Thais, no , only a different rate for companies, whether they be Thai or Farang owned makes no difference. A Thai friend owns an apartment building and he pays the same water rate that I do for my company owned house

So you mean for condos, foreigners & thais pay the same rate?

For company, it is another rate for water & electricity, regardless of whether as a residence or business, as I have tried talking to the authorities, and this was what they said.

Totally how many types of rates for PEA?

Ok, so at least there are 2 rates, one for thais and foreigners, basically in their names, another rate is for company, whether house or condo, and I have called up the accounting company to check whether if it is a residence and not a business, can it be changed to domestic rate, the answer is no.

Thanks all for your inputs.