6 Month Stay Planned In Thailand Which Visa And Where ?

If you were coming from the US a triple entry tourist visa would be the answer. However, I don't think that you can get one in Dubai, I think that they will only issue a single entry. You could get a single in Dubai, that would give you 90 days with one extension. You could then travel to Laos and get a double entry tourist visa. That would give you another 180 days with one border run and two extensions.

You could also enter on a 30 day visa exempt entry and then travel to Laos and get a Double TV. But, the airline might require a onward ticket out of Thailand during the 30 days before they will let you board your outbound flight. I would get at least a single entry TV in Dubai and ask if double or triples are available.

• Like 2

If you were coming from the US a triple entry tourist visa would be the answer. However, I don't think that you can get one in Dubai, I think that they will only issue a single entry. You could get a single in Dubai, that would give you 90 days with one extension. You could then travel to Laos and get a double entry tourist visa. That would give you another 180 days with one border run and two extensions.

You could also enter on a 30 day visa exempt entry and then travel to Laos and get a Double TV. But, the airline might require a onward ticket out of Thailand during the 30 days before they will let you board your outbound flight. I would get at least a single entry TV in Dubai and ask if double or triples are available.

I'm out of "likes" for the day, but you guys are incredible. Thanks.

Planning on staying 6 to 9 months in Thailand , I would assume a tourist visa ? Have a US passport, and will be coming from Dubai . Should get one there, or South East Asia ?

I'd recommend an ED Visa, no need to keep leaving the country, only 90 reporting at the immigration office (they're very efficient despite what you may of heard) you can get an ED Visa by enroling on a qualifying Thai language course, I think it's a good thing to learn Thai if you're interested in Thailand, the people and the culture, also gives you something productive to do while you're in Thailand, you feel a nice sense of achievement when you can start having conversations and reading things around you in a language that is so far removed from your own, a lot of people are against learning Thai as they think its a waste of time, but in my opinion if you like Thailand and it interests you then learning Thai is a positive thing, you do get treated differently by the locals when you speak Thai and you can connect with them much better, not to mention its a nice compliment to the Thais to make an effort to learn their language - each to their own though, if its not really something you'd like to do then you'll have to look an alternative visa option, whatever you do enjoy!!

Planning on staying 6 to 9 months in Thailand , I would assume a tourist visa ? Have a US passport, and will be coming from Dubai . Should get one there, or South East Asia ?

I'd recommend an ED Visa, no need to keep leaving the country, only 90 reporting at the immigration office (they're very efficient despite what you may of heard) you can get an ED Visa by enroling on a qualifying Thai language course, I think it's a good thing to learn Thai if you're interested in Thailand, the people and the culture, also gives you something productive to do while you're in Thailand, you feel a nice sense of achievement when you can start having conversations and reading things around you in a language that is so far removed from your own, a lot of people are against learning Thai as they think its a waste of time, but in my opinion if you like Thailand and it interests you then learning Thai is a positive thing, you do get treated differently by the locals when you speak Thai and you can connect with them much better, not to mention its a nice compliment to the Thais to make an effort to learn their language - each to their own though, if its not really something you'd like to do then you'll have to look an alternative visa option, whatever you do enjoy!!

That is a great idea ChaiLor! Can anyone recommend a good relieable one in Pattaya? I would like to learn Thai and I would like fo fine a nice school that you guys could recommend. Thanks Waders123

Your topic also says "and where". If you are looking for advice on where to stay or what to do, I'd recommend starting another topic in the travel forum. Or, if you know you'd like to stay in a particular place, like Chiang Mai or Phuket, then open the topic in that sub forum.

Best of luck with your trip!!

Craig