True Corp 4G Service ' Part Of Push To Be Market Leader'

webfact

AIS have a roaming agreement with TOT (2100 MHz/3G), which has a network that is woefully under-subscribed, one of the reasons AIS paid a slight premium at auction for adjacent spectrum. Further, AIS's 900 MHz concession runs until 2015, but they'd be well advised to insure the NBTC moves forward with subsequent auctions sooner rather than later.

AIS have a roaming agreement with TOT (2100 MHz/3G), which has a network that is woefully under-subscribed, one of the reasons AIS paid a slight premium at auction for adjacent spectrum. Further, AIS's 900 MHz concession runs until 2015, but they'd be well advised to insure the NBTC moves forward with subsequent auctions sooner rather than later.

Wont Work

1. AIS/TOT Core Networks not connected - They will need a MOCN to make TOT core network work with AIS. If not, hand over will be roaming style, with maybe 5 mins of no signal between network hand overs. Doubt TOT will allow this ( how is the hand over now, was horrendous on 900 Mhz 3G )(my last update, not sure if they have one now, but doubt it ) http://zoyok.com/blog/network-sharing-support-multi-operator-core-network-geran-mocn-geran

2. TOT 3G network quality will suck - only reason its still usable now is because they dont have customers (surprise surprise). What will the AIS customer experience be like ? The cant even manage fixed line, would be challenged in 2G space, and are woefully incapable in the 3G world which is far more complex.

We know already how the TOT/AIS "Buddy Wifi" partnership turned out............ anyone still subscribe ?

Edited by skippybangkok

I have tried 3G from DTAC, AIS, Truemove, TOT. And now I'm happy with the quality of new True H on 2100 MHrz. on my 4 band smartphone. I'm using it from April and it was great in BKK, Chiang Mai, Pattaya, Isaan thumbsup.gif

I have tried 3G from DTAC, AIS, Truemove, TOT. And now I'm happy with the quality of new True H on 2100 MHrz. on my 4 band smartphone. I'm using it from April and it was great in BKK, Chiang Mai, Pattaya, Isaan thumbsup.gif

I suspect that you may actually be using 850 MHz service on TrueMove H, which resells CAT's network. If it is TrueMove H/2100 MHz then it should show as "52004".

I have tried 3G from DTAC, AIS, Truemove, TOT. And now I'm happy with the quality of new True H on 2100 MHrz. on my 4 band smartphone. I'm using it from April and it was great in BKK, Chiang Mai, Pattaya, Isaan Posted Image

April? - Pretty much sure your on True Move h 850 as its nationwide already, and generally better than 2100 ( building penetration / coverage )

Skippy, what system gives best building penetration? I'm on the 28th floor and get horrible reception with all 3 carriers on DTAC, One-2-Call and True-Move-H. Any advice?

850Mhz (DTAC & True) and 900Mhz (AIS) will give better building penetration than the higher frequency of 2100Mhz. It's just the fact a lower frequency has higher penetration and distance capability per equal power levels being transmitted. Now does that mean you would get higher 3G speed in your building if connecting to a 850/900Mhz 3G signal compared to a 2100Mhz 3G signal? The answer is no as other factors determine speed such as the number of users tapping into that local 3G node, other technological issues, etc. But generally, 2100Mhz is used in metropolitan areas due to coverage/distance issues and 850/900Mhz in metropolitan and regional coverage. Good 3G coverage and speed depends on many factors.

RPOB - 28th floor will always be an issue unless ur condo works w operators to install in building network or there is a T boom shooting at ur building.

Lower the frequency the better, either 850 MHz for 3G ( True/ DTAC.... Not sure how long DTAC will offer though ) and 900mhz 2g for AIS.

Will always be an issue. I have a condo on thonglor, and 850 True 3G works fine, but the True 1800 2G was poor ( no in building network )

RPOB - 28th floor will always be an issue unless ur condo works w operators to install in building network or there is a T boom shooting at ur building.

Lower the frequency the better, either 850 MHz for 3G ( True/ DTAC.... Not sure how long DTAC will offer though ) and 900mhz 2g for AIS.

Will always be an issue. I have a condo on thonglor, and 850 True 3G works fine, but the True 1800 2G was poor ( no in building network )

Thanks. I once tried to get DTAC to install a repeater in my condo (like they have in big high-rise office buildings downtown and underground car parks). They acted like they didn't know what I was talking about.

RBOP - cheers

All the 2100 MHz providers will have big big issues with in building coverage.

850 MHz will have a financial and consumer advantage. Repeaters/ femto cells on 850 are not preferred by operators as they can pollute the signal from main cell more easy ( as the signal goes further )

I suspect that you may actually be using 850 MHz service on TrueMove H, which resells CAT's network. If it is TrueMove H/2100 MHz then it should show as "52004".

Well, maybe. Now it shows 52000 operator. Is it 850 or 2100? I any case I'm very satisfied with True H. When I bought sim card in True office in BKK I was told it's newest price package and best just using for internet by True company.