Posting An Important Document From Thailand To Uk?

kunash

Hi. I need to post an important paper from Surin, Thailand to the UK. is there any other way apart from the normal postal service? (registered post)

I looked at DHL Thailand but they don't have a collection point in Surin.

Any help welcome

Use a 3D printer

Fine Resolution

Give it to a Pilot

But actually this is simple as pie,

Just call DHL and tell them you wish to arrange a custom pickup

They will provide the cost you must cover where ever you are.

Besides your document, they can probably arrange to send your wife too

For the right price.

FedEx will ship horses

Racing Ponies

Anything with 4 legs

4 the right price.

Edited by OldChinaHam
  • Like 1

it has to be the original

Guessed so,shame I'm heading back on Thursday you could have sent it to my home here and I would have forwarded it on once in the UK.

I'm sure others have some input as to what's best.

• Like 2

EMS via the post office. Other ideas: If you have credit card, you might call DHL/FedEx/UPS and see if you can EMS it to them domestically and they then forward on?

Pay a Thai to bring it to BKK for you.

Fed Ex go out to peoples houses that are out of the way. Yes, to Fed Ex a letter is more expensive but guaranteed delivery.

I recently sent a document via the Post Office here. Tracked all the way to the U.K. 5 day working days delivery.

Depends how important the document is, but if it is really important, I'd use Fed Ex.

I was recently asked to send original marriage certificate and decree absolute to the UK to support an amendment to my pension to cover my new wife. On receiving scanned copies of my Thai equivalent documents they carried out the procedure without further request for the original documents. Sometimes you can get away without original documents if you try your luck.

I have used Thai EMS service for years and have been very satisfied. Have sent items to the US, Philippines, Saudi Arabia and the UK with nary a hitch.

Much cheaper than DHL and for me just as reliable.

• Like 2

I have used Thai EMS service for years and have been very satisfied. Have sent items to the US, Philippines, Saudi Arabia and the UK with nary a hitch.

Agree with this, and you can track all the way to destination.

I use ems a lot, for example sending one of my passports to the UK to obtain visas for work and I have never had a problem with them. dhl took 2 days to deliver a package from swampy to Rayong after it arrived from the UK, sigh.

I've sent important stuff back to the UK with the Thai postal service's express signed-for service (EMS) and have never had problems. Last time a document I sent was delivered and signed-for within 48 hours. I would not hesitate to recommend EMS

• Like 1

Steer clear of dhl, a friend tried to post something to me from the U.K. and they said according to my post code my address was in Lithuania. Never had a problem with UPS other than the delivery guy in Bangkok giving the package to the condo office instead of obeying the delivery instructions.

hi in reply just used Thailand EMS for renewal of my passport tracked it on line to hong kong and who signed for it ,that was just over 3weeks ago today get new one delivered no problems from surinbiggrin.png

I am often sending important papers out in the World (signed contracts, original documents etc.). I use Thai post, registered mail, and I have never had any problems.

However, some have sent me important documents with DHL and that use to be a really painfull act often ending up at wrong destination (fx. Philipines) due to mislabelled by DHL, arrives too late and in some cases not by DHL, but sent via Thai post as registered letter from Bkk.

Never had an issue if I've sent a parcel by EMS.

Did have an issue with a parcel I sent once when I forgot to specify EMS. (Weirdly on that one - the main item in the parcel turned up on the doorstep in London a couple of months later - I know because I was actually in London when I opened the door and found it on the doorstep, with the box and the other stuff in the parcel nowhere to be seen - very odd...)

I have found anything under 2kg use the Post Office. Anything over 2kg use a courier service.A courier service such as UPS will give you a tracking number which means you know where the item is at any given time. Do not forget most courier services will not deliver to Box numbers

Also,there is a government run service called the Border Agency (or some name like that)who can hold up your item for security purposes if they want to. This is apart from the normal customs offices.