Things That Grate On You In Pattaya....

blackman

when alighting from a lift (especially in Central Festival Pattaya) why do people rush into the lift before giving you a chance to get out?

is it not easier to wait 2 seconds whilst we get out before you charge in?

After much practice on the Hong Kong underground and to a lesser extent Singapore, I now have elbows of surgical steel, believe me they wouldn't do it a second time. A younger friend of mine used to carry his skateboard with the anti slip (grit) outwards, apparently works wonders.

• Like 2

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why do people who come out of a side street or from a private property, always drive straight on to the middle of the first driving lane of the road they enter, and then stop. Hereby obstructing all traffic on the main road.

I can tell you this is Pattaya specific as I have never seen this happen in Bangkok.

when alighting from a lift (especially in Central Festival Pattaya) why do people rush into the lift before giving you a chance to get out?

is it not easier to wait 2 seconds whilst we get out before you charge in?

I actually enjoy it when they try to push through me. I am rather large and heavy, and I brace myself before the door opens and let them bounce off me. The look on their faces is classic.

It's the only way to do it.

Farangs in pattaya who drive big pickup trucks but don’t have anything to pick up

Move to Pattaya, buy or open a bar, get the biggest black pick-up truck you can find, drive like an idiot.

I lived in Pattaya before I purchased my big black pickup, I do not own a bar tongue.png

Farangs in pattaya who drive big pickup trucks but don’t have anything to pick up

Move to Pattaya, buy or open a bar, get the biggest black pick-up truck you can find, drive like an idiot.

I lived in Pattaya before I purchased my big black pickup, I do not own a bar tongue.png

..........drive like an idiot??

..........drive like an idiot??

I drive defensively.

in a similar pattaya driver related vein

note to the foreigner driven motorcyclist on a Honda PCX on Siam country club yesterday

standing on the center line of the road waiting to turn then turning your front wheel into my path as i am about two metres from you to try to make me stop so you can cross my path is not good practise

had i not been alert, you would have been under my car

i felt that the single finger salute you gave me for not stopping for you whilst i wrestled with my vehicle to get around you and try not to hit another motorcyclist on my left was unwarranted

i expect i need not remind you that cars and motorcycles coming together in any direction at any speed is not a good mix

i am sure you feel that bravado and macho behavior whilst riding will prevent serious injury

however the facts seen locally do not bear out that assumption

if your driving habits do not improve, i expect you will be headline news on Pattaya One at sometime

until then i wish you good luck surviving other similar encounters

i think you will need it.

• Like 1

motorcyclists who sit on or over the centre line when awaiting a light change and have a foot on the side of the approaching traffic

especially at the junction of 2nd road and central road

especially red shirt motorcy taxis

don't you just want to run over their foot?

Prius drivers

Toyota dealers reported on Monday that Pattayans are standing in line and paying thousands more than the sticker price just to buy the Prius.

Impatient buyers are told told that buying a Prius is like going with a particular Thai girl you like.

if you can just be patient it will eventually be your turn

Idiots who walk in the road to cross and don't even look, neatly wiped a guy out yesterday, hooted and he just raised his hand, still didn't even look so I hooted more and made the prat jump!!!!

Please make some allowance for visitors who look the wrong way when crossing the road. This can easily happen if they are from countries which drive on the other side of the road....which of course is very likely considering that most of the world do drive on the other side.

I remember the first time I visited the US I nearly killed myself crossing a road and looking the wrong way.

• Like 1