Things That Grate On You In Pattaya....

blackman

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

girls in Pattaya that wear those black big eye contact lenses

do they not realize it makes them look like the alien Deanna Troi on Star Trek

Nothing wrong with that....the more "Deanna Trois" in Pattaya the better.

• Like 1

All types of bad drivers in Pattaya including|:

those who randomly brake for no reason,

tailgate,

roll forward at red lights (as if it's going to magically turn green),

people who crane their necks to see who is in the car next to them,

people who don't check if it's clear before merging,

people who pass in the far inside lane and constantly cut others off when rejoining even though it's not getting them anywhere any faster,

people on cell phones wandering all over the road,

people driving with 16 Chihuahuas on their lap,

people who pull out of a parking lot in front of you and then go super slow when nobody is behind you and they could have waited 2 more seconds to let you continue unabated

people who drive hugging the center line and often cross over it to my side-move over!

people who straddle two lanes in a car-please decide which one you want to be in!

finally, people that have huge pickups and SUV's with expensive massive wheels and tires with so much deep tread on them you could almost insert your hand in there

yet these same people drive at 10kph when it rains for fear of skidding (especially Thais)

whats that about?

With some exceptions , most of these could also apply to people with shopping trolleys in supermarket aisles especially those who leave their trolleys in the middle of an aisle and then scrowl because you nudge their trolley to get passed. Totally unaware of other shoppers.

Not only Pattaya or Thailand but world wide .

• Like 1

Cigarette smokers

It is just the cigarette smokers who light up in crowded eating places just because they have finished eating and they believe it is their divine right to. If you want to smoke after a meal, pay your bill and go outside.

This subject has been done to death though and there will always be disagreement about smoking in public places..

Edited by xen
  • Like 1

Without going back thru the previous 18 pages has anybody mentioned those lovely chaps who stand in the middle of the footpath outside their tailoring shops to prevent you from passing and then shake your hand and not let it go and do not comprehend a polite "no thank you , i am not interested" and persist until they receive a "F-----off " and turns you back into grumpy old man mode again.

• Like 1

Without going back thru the previous 18 pages has anybody mentioned those lovely chaps who stand in the middle of the footpath outside their tailoring shops to prevent you from passing and then shake your hand and not let it go and do not comprehend a polite "no thank you , i am not interested" and persist until they receive a "F-----off " and turns you back into grumpy old man mode again.

.I'm surprised you actually shake their hand. It's not really difficult. You just say no and keep walking.

.I'm surprised you actually shake their hand. It's not really difficult. You just say no and keep walking.

I don't - i learnt that lesson many years ago . I just cut straight to the grumpy, old man mode automatically now.

Edited by xen
  • Like 1

I don't - i learnt that lesson many years ago . I just cut straight to the grumpy, old man mode automatically now.

I just ignore them. No need to be grumpy because of them.

Good advice. but they do press that button for me. They are some of the rudest people,most irritating people i have ever encountered. And they have not changed their tactics in over the many years i have been encountering them in Pattaya and now they are taking over stalls in BKK . There is nobody in Thailand i dislike and attempt to avoid more than those tailors. Totally obnoxious .

• Like 1

Good advice. but they do press that button for me. They are some of the rudest people,most irritating people i have ever encountered. And they have not changed their tactics in over the many years i have been encountering them in Pattaya and now they are taking over stalls in BKK . There is nobody in Thailand i dislike and attempt to avoid more than those tailors. Totally obnoxious .

"Hey bro, wanna buy a suit?"

• Like 2

those guys on the beach road that try to coerce you to go to the islands by speedboat by showing you pictures on a clipboard

i mean , come on

you are walking along the path, guy says you want go island?

sure you say, i am going to stop doing what i planned to do, drop everything, and go to the island

i have no towels, no beach wear, nothing.

yeh right

• Like 1

what bugs me (today) are the security-parking fellows who have to blow their $%^ whistle to guide a bus or car ...It is as if they finally have "power" with the whistle. Like to blow the whistle in their ear for at 30 minute intervals.

But have you actually seen a Thai try to park or back out of a parking spot without a whistle? It's a disaster that usually takes 3 or 4 spotters.

• Like 1

what bugs me (today) are the security-parking fellows who have to blow their $%^ whistle to guide a bus or car ...It is as if they finally have "power" with the whistle. Like to blow the whistle in their ear for at 30 minute intervals.

But have you actually seen a Thai try to park or back out of a parking spot without a whistle? It's a disaster that usually takes 3 or 4 spotters.

More often than not they are just a bloody nuisance and if you are daft enough to take notice of them they will guide you into a collision.

• Like 1

What "grates" on me today (not only in Pattaya) is why in this country "napkins" at most local restaurants are so thin, that it takes a whole pack (10-15 tissue squares) to be able to be effective. By the time I go through the table's supply, the restaurant would have been better off to pass out "real" paper napkins. Speaking of "tissues" -- why use the large commercial roll of toilet paper to dry hands with (such as Central shopping restrooms) when all the thin tissue does is "disolves" in ones hand and you walk around with blotches of tp on you. bah.gif NOTE: I'll never forget my first experience seeing toilet paper used as napkins- in the Middle East at local restaurants, it is common to have rolls of toilet paper sitting on top of the tables to be used as "napkins". Coming from the Westand seeing this for the first time, I was wondering why toilet paper was on top of all the tables! (the "fancy" restaurants would have some granny knitted cover for them).

Edited by Rimmer
Font
  • Like 2

1. Filthy beach and water. I know, old issue.

2. Hotels that package in a breakfast. On a long stay I don't want the same thing every day. I am not a big breakfast eater. I often sleep through breakfast especially if out late, grabing some late night food. I don't want normalcy or normal hours when on a long vacation. Sleep or not as I feel.

3. I hate the big 7 story monstrosity mall. I much prefer more smaller hotels or outdoor bars, local food shops etc.

• Like 1

3. I hate the big 7 story monstrosity mall. I much prefer more smaller hotels or outdoor bars, local food shops etc.

Does the wife force you to go in there? biggrin.png

I spent 12k on a little black dress and a pair of pink jeans for the wife last week....not to mention 10's of thousands on shoes over the last few months smile.png ....but that's OK. I still love the place and it's my go to mall for good quality stuff.

Edited by tropo
  • Like 1

Another thing that bugs me, are Thai woman (sorry, do not want to sound "stereotyping here...) who have to be on their cell phones all the time and cannot walk at a normal stance... then if they are on an escalator at the shopping plaza -such as Central, they stop right at the end on escalator talking on their phone without realizing people on the moving escalator behind them need to get off!

• Like 1