Things That Grate On You In Pattaya....

blackman

Idiots who walk in the road to cross and don't even look, neatly wiped a guy out yesterday, hooted and he just raised his hand, still didn't even look so I hooted more and made the prat jump!!!!

Please make some allowance for visitors who look the wrong way when crossing the road. This can easily happen if they are from countries which drive on the other side of the road....which of course is very likely considering that most of the world do drive on the other side.

I remember the first time I visited the US I nearly killed myself crossing a road and looking the wrong way.

There is no wrong way to look in Pattaya the motorbikes can get you from any direction!

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Idiots who walk in the road to cross and don't even look, neatly wiped a guy out yesterday, hooted and he just raised his hand, still didn't even look so I hooted more and made the prat jump!!!!

Please make some allowance for visitors who look the wrong way when crossing the road. This can easily happen if they are from countries which drive on the other side of the road....which of course is very likely considering that most of the world do drive on the other side.

I remember the first time I visited the US I nearly killed myself crossing a road and looking the wrong way.

There is no wrong way to look in Pattaya the motorbikes can get you from any direction!

agreed

even my wife says there are no one way streets in Pattaya

Yes, but it is also wrong to not make allowance for tourists looking the wrong way when crossing the road. I see this all the time.

• Like 1

I used to be a regular punter in pattaya, but since retiring I have moved to nakonsawan, when on my visits ,alone my wife does not like pattaya, I get very up tight wewhen the bar girls try to get you to buy bar drinks,i have no objection to buying drinks but I hate the stupid prices they try to charge for a ladies drink

What always worked for me was offering the girls half the price of a lady drink to sit with me ( if I liked them ). Never had a refusal.

That often worked for me too when I was in that scene.

120 Baht for a lady drink * xxx drinks or 100 Baht to sit.

What is even more annoying are the ladies that have a lady drink bought for them and then they take the drink and walkk away to sit elsewhere. This has happened twice in the last week to a friend of mine.

• Like 1

Giving a donation to the tip box for a specific song and then the band / group do not sing that song.

Where I was last night, in one place, the tip box stayed empty until almost 01-00 hrs after they had been 'forgetting' to play requested songs that many had donated 100 Baht for. (Are they not paid to sing anyway??)

Then they shake and tap the tip box on the floor because it is almost empty. Or they walk around and ram the tip box under your nose.

• Like 2

People that cant understand that a cassava is not a POTATO, and this is not Ireland.

i had an Irish mixed grill once

mashed potato, roast potato, baked potato, boiled potato, croquette potato, potato salad and chips!

• Like 2

People that cant understand that a cassava is not a POTATO, and this is not Ireland.

mashed potato, roast potato, baked potato, boiled potato, croquette potato, potato salad and chips!

You forgot the deep fried potato skins !!

• Like 1

i have just been into town

i saw a farang riding a PCX

he was wearing a tank top, singlet, sleeveless vest or wifebeater (so as not to offend any sensitive folk, you decide which best fits )

he also had a really hairy back

ticked all the boxes for me..

PCX rider is already enough for me to throw the user into douche category, TG or falang usually the worst are to be seen at their control but of course there are a few exceptions

• Like 1

Try a Lancashire mixed grill !

3 cigarettes and a bloody good cough.

• Like 2

pattaya people on ThaiVisa that have an axe to grind with another contributor as a result of losing an argument on another thread somewhere and then follow them around on the forum checking on their posting activity and ''liking'' other peoples posts that are critical of the poster they have got a problem with

thus encouraging a 'mob mentality' that this site and the greater majority of internet forums are often plagued by

• Like 2

I used to be a regular punter in pattaya, but since retiring I have moved to nakonsawan, when on my visits ,alone my wife does not like pattaya, I get very up tight wewhen the bar girls try to get you to buy bar drinks,i have no objection to buying drinks but I hate the stupid prices they try to charge for a ladies drink

What always worked for me was offering the girls half the price of a lady drink to sit with me ( if I liked them ). Never had a refusal.

What is even more annoying are the ladies that have a lady drink bought for them and then they take the drink and walkk away to sit elsewhere. This has happened twice in the last week to a friend of mine.

When I used to buy lady drinks in Gogos the girl would sit down till it arrived, then "go dance". Which is why I stopped buying lady drinks.

• Like 1

I ordered an egg salad once. I got sliced boiled egg and nothing else!

I learned my lesson and now only order Thai/ Chinese food at Thai restaurants. If I want western food I go to Macs or KFC.

i think i have created a stereo typical look for Pattaya residents

yesterday waiting in traffic on pattaya thai

black pickup

farang driver

window open, arm out, smoking a cigarette, constant flicking

if that wasn't enough, he got out of car to look at something

he was wearing baseball cap back to front

masses of tattoos

and to top it off, you guessed it

a wife beater top

couldn't believe that all the boxes were ticked in one go....

• Like 1

Pattaya people on TV forum who won’t admit they are wrong, even after many others TV members say the same thing and all seem to show that they were wrong, they just ignore it and act like it didn't exist.

seriously, If you can't accept that you were wrong after being presented with solid testimony that shows you were wrong, you're unstable and not man enough to admit it

People who think they are an authority on this forum because they received a like from a moderator and can't accept that other people may have different experience from theirs.

People who go look in another member profile 3 times a day, as if there is anything to see there.

• Like 2

People who think they are an authority on this forum because they received a like from a moderator and can't accept that other people may have different experience from theirs.

People who go look in another member profile 3 times a day, as if there is anything to see there.

Now you have a Iike from an admin :P

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

Now you have a Iike from an admin tongue.png

I got one from a ROOT admin the other day. coffee1.gif

People who like to get likes from people they like to think like their opinions.

• Like 1

People who like to get likes from people they like to think like their opinions.

Do you get likes from people who don't like your opinions?

• Like 1

Now you have a Iike from an admin Posted Image

I got one from a ROOT admin the other day. Posted Image

you're blessed. :P

• Like 1

you're blessed. tongue.png

I got one from a ROOT admin today

When I used to buy lady drinks in Gogos the girl would sit down till it arrived, then "go dance". Which is why I stopped buying lady drinks.

Yea, I don't know what the hell happened there. Used to be they would sit with you and drink the drink, that was the idea. Now they are up and gone in a flash.

Chalk it up to another Thai rip-off and avoid any bar that does that.

black pickup

farang driver

masses of tattoos

a wife beater top

Pattaya is a magnet for that exact stereo type.

black pickup

farang driver

masses of tattoos

a wife beater top

Pattaya is a magnet for that exact stereo type.

What's really impresive is when the tattoos have a spelling mistake.

• Like 1

black pickup

farang driver

masses of tattoos

a wife beater top

What I want to know is, given that they are usually too young to qualify for a retirement visa, how can they qualify to live in LOS? I wouldn't employ them, but they obviously have lots of money.

• Like 1