Foreigner Found Dead On Phuket Beach

webfact

Foreigner found dead on Phuket beach
Tanyaluk Sakoot

PHUKET: -- The body of a foreign man was found washed up on Patong Beach at around 7 this morning (May 21) near Loma (Dolphin) Park.

Kathu District Police Superintendent Pol Col Jirapat Pochanapant told The Phuket News, “We believe that he drowned and that he had been dead about two hours.

The bald, bearded man was wearing just a red shirt. Police are also hoping a ring he was wearing may help in identifying him.

Officers scoured the area for more clues but found none.

“Our men are now checking all hotels to see whether any are missing a guest,” Col Jirapat said.

The body is currently being held in Patong Hospital.

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/foreigner-found-dead-on-phuket-beach-39522.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2013-05-21

Unidentified male foreigner found dead on Phuket beach
Phuket Gazette

beach.jpg
Patong Beach was the site of multiple drownings during the low season last year. Photo: Gazette file

PHUKET: -- A bearded male foreigner was found dead on Phuket’s premier party beach of Patong early this morning.

The body was found at about 6am across from Loma Park (map here), the site of multiple drownings last year, wearing only a red t-shirt.

“We are examining the body, but have found no form of identification and have yet to be able to identify him,” a Patong Hospital Emergency Room staffer told the Phuket Gazette.

The man has been described by police as a bearded Caucasian in his 30s.

“He was wearing a ring, which might help someone to identify him. At this point we don’t know if he was a tourist or an expat, but we have contacted hotels in Patong to check for missing guests,” said Patong Police Superintendent Chiraphat Pochanaphan.

Police currently believe the cause of death was drowning.

Source: http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket_news/2013/Unidentified-male-foreigner-found-dead-on-Phuket-beach-21108.html

pglogo.jpg
-- Phuket Gazette 2013-05-21

These news reports are starting to make me sick. Just another foreigner dead. Mindless conclusions by the police.

Before foreigners were dying once a week. Now it's once a day.

Don't be a statistic!

RIP to this guy. Need to be careful in Thailand. wai2.gif

Edited by Markaew

Wearing only a shirt? I've been to the ocean maybe 10 times in my life, but I would wager a guess that some kind of current got him, hence why he is not wearing pants/shorts/swimsuit.

The ocean is a scary beast. Stay safe out there.

• Like 1

These news reports are starting to make me sick. Just another foreigner dead. Mindless conclusions by the police.

Don't be a statistic!

Where are the mindless conclusions by the police. All they know at this point is a body washed up and presumed drowning. Unless there is something to suggest otherwise what would one conclude. Until an autopsy is done there can be no final cause of death. They are checking the hotels and hope maybe the ring might lead to identification. What do you want from them? It is tragic that this happened but don't see how any shoddy police work is involved at this point in their investigation. At least nothing indicated in the newpaper article.

• Like 1

Well done! (Now for others to carry out the reconstruction of the crime for us...)

You're the only person that has mentioned a crime.

Right you are! (Explicitly, that is).

I'm betting I won't be the last.

Edited by SteeleJoe

wai2.gif

What do you expect ?

Not to have mindless conclusions and less people dying.

If he was only just wearing a t-shirt we could conclude he was maybe having intercourse and then went for a swim. Shorts and underpants dont just fall off and fish dont eat them. I bet thats what happened

Update: Foreigner found drowned in Phuket identified
Tanyaluk Sakoot

PHUKET: -- The foreigner found drowned and washed up on Patong Beach at around 7 on Tuesday morning (May 21) near Loma (Dolphin) Park has been identified.

He was named by Tourist Police as Jeremy Thomas O’Neill, 37, from Basildon in the UK.

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/update-foreigner-found-drowned-in-phuket-identified-39550.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2013-05-22

Don't be a statistic!

where do you see even the most remote example of police speculation or mindless conclusions in the OP?

the only nonsensei see is your post.

• Like 1

If he was only just wearing a t-shirt we could conclude he was maybe having intercourse and then went for a swim. Shorts and underpants dont just fall off and fish dont eat them. I bet thats what happened

WHAT?? dear oh dear, inspector clueso has it all sussed out right away....shake my head in disbelief.......

• Like 1

Don't be a statistic!

where do you see even the most remote example of police speculation or mindless conclusions in the OP?

the only nonsensei see is your post.

"Police currently believe the cause of death was drowning." .. there's your speculation. It's perfectly reasonable speculation, but speculation nonetheless. Markaew's post is rather nonsensical, though, it's not "mindless" speculation, and not a "conclusion", "mindless" or otherwise. Increase reporting of deaths does not correlate to increase occurrence of deaths. Once dead, you are a statistic, whether you wanted to be one or not. If you are alive, you are also a statistic. The last line made sense, but one out of four does not bode well. Markaew has added 1 to my private total of silly posts on TV :)

It Is Quite easy to be swept away and killed in the sea at patong beach, it can be very dangerous at times. i had to rescue a young korean boy a few years ago while the life gaurd was looking up to the sky ! If this is the real case here we will never know.

WHAT?? dear oh dear, inspector clueso has it all sussed out right away....shake my head in disbelief.......

What do you think happened?

I have no idea what happened but wild speculation certainly does not help whatsoever!! i prefer to let things be and not let the imagination take over :-)

I have no idea what happened but wild speculation certainly does not help whatsoever!! i prefer to let things be and not let the imagination take over :-)

So you just accept what the PG states?