Thailand's N A C C Asks Thaksin To Back Up Graft Claim

webfact

NACC asks Thaksin to back up graft claim
The Nation

30206695-01_big.JPG

BANGKOK: -- The National Anti-Corruption Commission (NACC) issued a statement yesterday asking former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra to reveal details of his claim, made on Sunday night, that an NACC official offered to help him win a court case in exchange for money in 1999.

"Thaksin Shinawatra claimed that 'someone from the NACC sought money from him in exchange for help in his asset-concealment case.' Later he became the prime minister for two terms.

"He could have taken legal action against the person during that time but he didn't," the statement said.

Legal action in the case is still possible under the statute of limitations, the statement said.

If Thaksin fails to do so, he could be charged with malfeasance, it said.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2013-05-22

The oldest political trick in the world, muddy the waters by dropping a hint but nothing more, no names and no direct details. Amazing how the usually vindictive Thaksin went through two terms as PM without taking any action, maybe there's something to the story and equally nothing at all. I love the smell of napalm, sorry I mean desperation, in the morning.

• Like 1

Talk about calling the pot black , You'd never thought that Shincorp increased it's profits three fold when Thaksin was the P.M. and what about that deal with Burma, another misdemeanour???bah.gif

Can anyone tidy this up for me but I recall he went to india on " secret " state business but did not go to Dehli or meet any Indian government officials and the media found out Shin Corp had a contract with a state government which was due to expire and was not being extended. He returned insisting his visit was " secret " then 6 weeks later it was announced the contract in question had been re-signed.

It says someone "asked" it doesn't say that he didn't pay.

I mean honestly, they created a 4:3 verdict claiming that having his maid and gardener in ownership of shares in his companies didn't represent a conflict of interest. Anyone please explain the legal logic behind that one?

I mean honestly, they created a 4:3 verdict claiming that having his maid and gardener in ownership of shares in his companies didn't represent a conflict of interest. Anyone please explain the legal logic behind that one?

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/640920-its-time-for-thaksin-to-respect-the-rule-of-law-senior-democrats/

Meanwhile, in his speech to the red shirts, Thaksin claimed that a member of the National Anti-Corruption Commission had sought bribes from him in 1999 in relation to the share-concealment case, but he refused to pay.

I'm not saying he's telling the truth ...

He did nothing about it while he was PM because it would have opened up a whole can of worms.

He will never do any thing about it. If indeeed there is in fact an IT,

Nobody accuses Thaksin of being an honest man. and as we have already seen in a court of law he is convicted of the opposite.

Of course he was speaking to the red shirts. If he told them that the world was being carried on the back of a turtle they would believe him.

It's actually on 4 Elephants on the back of a Turtle (per Terry Pratchit)

• Like 2

Far more likely that the judges - 'influenced' by his wife & Sanoh - were offered bribes by Thaksin or his negotiators. Judging by the astounding result (4-3) the bribes were accepted.

So started the highly divisive dynasty following that of the Philippines.

He did nothing about it while he was PM because it would have opened up a whole can of worms.

He will never do any thing about it. If indeeed there is in fact an IT,

Nobody accuses Thaksin of being an honest man. and as we have already seen in a court of law he is convicted of the opposite.

Of course he was speaking to the red shirts. If he told them that the world was being carried on the back of a turtle they would believe him.

Too late HD, they already had that one down pat.

Soon a politican with the initials CY will step out of the woodwork with claims that his master with the initials TS got help in exchange for money from an official with the initials { make your choice} who works for a government organisation starting with the letter N.

He will claim that he has a video of all he claims, the disappear back in the woodwork he appeared from earlier and the video will never see daylight.

This is Thailand. Logic is not practiced here. Logic requires thinking. How many Thais do you know that actually have the ability, and use it, to think something through to its loqical conclusion?