Certificate Of Residence

ThaiSold

I got one from the Tourist Police office last week. No problems at all. Free

That sounds promising. A question, though, if I might. For what purpose did you use it? The written instructions I received last week from the motor vehicle license office state that they require a residence certificate either from an embassy or consulate or from the immigration office.

I was at CM Immigration today and they said they are now doing CR, but it takes a few days.

It appears that the old system of the guy at the computer, in the 90 window is gone. They said they "do them in back" now.

I asked when they resumed doing them and they said "last week".

avoid it all... get a yellow tabian baan

that's what I am trying to do. Today was trip 4 to the district office. Everytime we go there is always a new demand. Tomorrow will be trip number 5.

Ya I know it's a pain - got mine after many trips. keep at it because when you have it the memory of the hassle will disappear and you then have a powerful document for the lifetime you own the connected property - buy cars, credit, bikes etc. no more resident certificates!!!

that's what I am trying to do. Today was trip 4 to the district office. Everytime we go there is always a new demand. Tomorrow will be trip number 5.

Went back today to district office. Trip #5.. Hand in translation of certificate of residence from Canadian consulate. Go back home 2 hours later a phone call from district office. Translation no good. Translation need stamp from Canadian consulate. Call the consulate. Yes we will put a stamp on the translation paper for 1500 bahts. So tomorrow back to the consulate and trip # 6 to district office.

Hang in there. Took me 5 trips to get mine. Just try to keep your cool. I almost went Postal towards the end of the never ending process...

I have been to immigration at 8h30. I had all papers already prepared and the "tom boy" told me to come back at 9 oclock. It's interessing because at 9 oclock, a lot of burmeses (I guess) do the same procedure and it looks like they want a certificate of residence : they got the " application form for residence certificate in CHiang Mai".

At 9 oclock, the tom boy accepted my papers and take them. He said to me to come back in one week, 5 June at 3pm... I have no receipt so I hope it will be ok.

I picked one up at the US Consulate. Just filled out a form and signed it in the presence of a Consular Officer. 10 minutes. $50 US.

$50 dollars? blink.png

Yeah, but 10 minutes with civilized people vs hours at the immigration zoo. Worth it to me.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Chiang Mai Immigration now have a new desk for Certificate of Residence at building No 1.

I went there on August 1st with all the relevant docs which were checked and I was given a slip which said that my certificate would be available for collection between 1pm & 4pm on 8th August.

The first visit has to be in the morning (application) and the second visit in the afternoon (Issue).

No queue but 2 visits.