Certificate Of Residence

ThaiSold

I don't know who started the rumors but yes, you still can get a Certificate of Residence at the Chiang Mai immigration office.

You need:

2 color photos

A letter from your landlord with your address and her signature (utility bill works too if it's in your name)

Doctors certificate

The application form

Arrive before 10am to submit your application

Tip: Don't be an idiot and wait in line, TIT cut to the front of the line and hand the girl/boy Tom or whatever it is the form. Noones gonna start a fight with you at the immigration office and the girls at the counter could care less who is next.

Yup, I've never been asked for a doctor's certificate - only for my driver's licence.

I notice "Thaisold" states that it was only a rumour that there were no 'certificates of residence' available from CM Immigration.

If it was only a rumour, it certainly sucked in a lot of people who paid a heap of $$ to get something from their Consulate/Embassy.

rolleyes.gif

I don't know who started the rumors but yes, you still can get a Certificate of Residence at the Chiang Mai immigration office.

You need:

2 color photos

A letter from your landlord with your address and her signature (utility bill works too if it's in your name)

Doctors certificate

The application form

Arrive before 10am to submit your application

Tip: Don't be an idiot and wait in line, TIT cut to the front of the line and hand the girl/boy Tom or whatever it is the form. Noones gonna start a fight with you at the immigration office and the girls at the counter could care less who is next.

Well I disagree. i have been there 4 times PLUS in the last month and I was told to go to my consulate or embassy as they are not doing these as they are too busy.

I was told the tourist police coukd help. NOT!. I am an Australian so i had to go to Bangkok.

Bloody stuoid idea anyway. you are here... Not in burma!!!

Sent from my GT-N7000B using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Are you sure about the requirement for doctors certificate. I just received certificate of residency 2 days ago from the Canadian consul and there was no need for doctors certificate or photos. Just passport and proof of where I live .

Never ever been asked for a doctors certificate either.

If it was only a rumour, it certainly sucked in a lot of people who paid a heap of $$ to get something from their Consulate/Embassy.

And guess the sign that has been reported posted by immigration was a rumor also.

IT WASN'T A RUMOR.

Perhaps you haven't read the several threads that have circulated for the last several months about Immigration no longer issueing CRs.

Now you are one more confirmation that Immigration has just started issuing CRs once again.

That's good news.

There

IT WASN'T A RUMOR.

Perhaps you haven't read the several threads that have circulated for the last several months about Immigration no longer issueing CRs.

Now you are one more confirmation that Immigration has just started issuing CRs once again.

That's good news.

What are you talking about I got one two months ago I got another one yesterday. About the doctors certificate, yes you need one if you are applying for a drivers license, you probably don't need one if you are applying for vehicle registration.

Relax everyone.... ThaiSold, 2 months ago they were still issuing them. It seems you lucked out and obtained your CR just before they stopped issuing them and got your next one after they started reissuing the CR's. It was no rumor, they stopped now they seem to have started again. This is a good thing.

• Like 1

Immigration doesn't care one whit about the medical certificate, but the drivers license people do. In fact, I've gotten the med certificate AFTER I've gotten the residency cert. for the drivers license process and to get an Amphur Will.

Frankly, due to the way ThaiSold has presented his comments on this post, I'd really like to hear of someone else getting a res. cert. before we can all breath a sigh of relief. I have to do a 90 day report for a friend early next week -- I'll ask then.

There

IT WASN'T A RUMOR.

That's good news.

What are you talking about I got one two months ago I got another one yesterday. About the doctors certificate, yes you need one if you are applying for a drivers license, you probably don't need one if you are applying for vehicle registration.

Please stop confusing everyone. You do NOT need doctors certificate or photos for letter of residence. Yes you need doctors certificate and 2 photos if applying for drivers license.

• Like 1

I hate to add confusion to all this, but I have in front of me form TM18 which is "Application for substitute Certificate of Residence" - why 'substitute' I have no idea.

BUT, on page 2, there is a dinky little square box which says "photograph 4 x 6cm"

I hate to add confusion to all this, but I have in front of me form TM18 which is "Application for substitute Certificate of Residence" - why 'substitute' I have no idea.

BUT, on page 2, there is a dinky little square box which says "photograph 4 x 6cm"

Certificate of Residence.(TM 18)

Substitute Certificate of Residence.(TM 20)

Residence Certificate. <no form number>

Very different things. I'm not sure where you got the form you were looking at, but the forms above are available for download from the main Immigration Bureau web site.

Edited by hml367

You will need photos for the Certificate...I think black and white are ok

You do not need photos for the licence as they take their own now with the computer that prints the licences.

Edited by harrry

You will need photos for the Certificate...I think black and white are ok

You do not need photos for the licence as they take their own now with the computer that prints the licences.

my mate tried yesterday with black and white photos....sorry no go

Immigration doesn't care one whit about the medical certificate, but the drivers license people do. In fact, I've gotten the med certificate AFTER I've gotten the residency cert. for the drivers license process and to get an Amphur Will.

Frankly, due to the way ThaiSold has presented his comments on this post, I'd really like to hear of someone else getting a res. cert. before we can all breath a sigh of relief. I have to do a 90 day report for a friend early next week -- I'll ask then.

On the other CR thread, AnotherOneAmerican wrote a friend of his went May 21st and Immigration took his app for the certificate.

Very different things. I'm not sure where you got the form you were looking at, but the forms above are available for download from the main Immigration Bureau web site.

the form comes from Thailand Immigration.

It most definitely asks for a photo.

However, last time I used this form, Chiang Mai Immigration told me that they used a different form, and I'm not sure if this required a photo or not.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/631223-immigration-templates/

the form comes from Thailand Immigration.

It most definitely asks for a photo.

However, last time I used this form, Chiang Mai Immigration told me that they used a different form, and I'm not sure if this required a photo or not.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/631223-immigration-templates/

res_cert.doc

res_cert.pdf

There was one photo attached to the form they gave back to me and they must have kept the other photo somewhere.

It has been a while and the last one I got was to get the house registration so I haven't had one for while. As evidenced by all the different experiences posted on ThaiVisa, things change..... often apparently.

#2'Just passport and proof of where I live .' and, and, You forgot the fee; or now there's no fee at the Cdn consulate?

As you know nothing in this world is free anymore.. The fee at Canadian consulate was $1500 bahts. But as it turns out getting the certificate of residence at the consulate is not the end of the story. When I handed in the certificate where it was required, the lady says no good. Huh! that right no good need be in Thai. So add another 500 bahts per page for translation service.

#2'Just passport and proof of where I live .' and, and, You forgot the fee; or now there's no fee at the Cdn consulate?

As you know nothing in this world is free anymore.. The fee at Canadian consulate was $1500 bahts. But as it turns out getting the certificate of residence at the consulate is not the end of the story. When I handed in the certificate where it was required, the lady says no good. Huh! that right no good need be in Thai. So add another 500 bahts per page for translation service.

I just got my license renewed last week and the CR issued by the Canadian consulate "in English " was accepted by the transport office I was never asked for a translated copy. And yes, it's 1500 Bths for notary services. Mind you, there is no waiting in line at the immigration office anymore. Don't remember giving out pictures though. The other good news is that the drivers license is now good for 5 years.

My application for a certificate of residence was accepted at ten a.m. today at the Chiangmai Immigration office, when submitted together with a letter from the management company of my condominium, signed copies of all required passport pages and two photographs. I was told to return Wednesday to pick up the certificate and was given a little appointment slip, with a specified time marked on it.