Phuket Mob Violently Bounces Aussies From Kangaroo Bar

webfact

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Considering the age of these supposed "bogans" they should know better but arrive already fuelled by people like Tim Sharky Ward about TIT and rules and manners don't count...consume alcahol and whoever knows what..become agressive..suffer the consequences ..

• Like 1

Considering the age of these supposed "bogans" they should know better but arrive already fuelled by people like Tim Sharky Ward about TIT and rules and manners don't count...consume alcahol and whoever knows what..become agressive..suffer the consequences ..

A lot of people go to Thailand and feel like there are no rules or laws they have to follow

This same duo when would be out looking for trouble in Australia when drunk and partying. Unfortunately for them they got the type of sustained and severe response they are unlikely to get back in OZ.

• Like 1

A lot of people go to Thailand and feel like there are no rules or laws they have to follow

This same duo when would be out looking for trouble in Australia when drunk and partying. Unfortunately for them they got the type of sustained and severe response they are unlikely to get back in OZ.

Would they have behaved in the same manner in Australia they would have been most likeley locked up but bailed on their own reconasciance to forgo bail and the matter laid to rest ..except their local rag picking up on the story to gain publicity,,

Any updates on the 2 lads?

I will be curious to see exactly what they will be charged with..

I am going to guess nothing, as I am pretty sure whoever is in charge of Phuket is wishing for this to go away quietly. Mobs beating up tourists on the main street of the main tourist area in Phuket simply cannot be good for tourism business..

" Honey pack everything up !!!! We are flying back home tomorrow. You simply would not believe what I saw on Soi Bangla last night. Too dangerous for us to stay here anymore with the kids..... "

Edited by EyesWideOpen

By the time this pair of galahs get home their story will involve them drinking untold gallons of booze and belting up half the population of Thailand. And most of their mates will believe them.

• Like 1

Would they have behaved in the same manner in Australia they would have been most likeley locked up but bailed on their own reconasciance to forgo bail and the matter laid to rest ..except their local rag picking up on the story to gain publicity,,

In 2010, more than 70,000 Australians were victims of alcohol-related assault, among which 24,000 were victims of alcohol-related domestic violence. Someone I know received a $1680 fine for assault whilst drunk, kicked the victim whilst on the ground, magistrate said as first offence, no jail time. Recent case for drunken assault, one attacker received a 4 month sentence, the other 6 weeks.

http://www.geelongadvertiser.com.au/article/2013/04/17/363130_news.html

So far has having glass ashtrays in Patong Beer Bars.... most have been removed due to their liabilty as weapons and are.. so therefore found mostly in Hotel rooms or lobbies..

In 2010, more than 70,000 Australians were victims of alcohol-related assault, among which 24,000 were victims of alcohol-related domestic violence. Someone I know received a $1680 fine for assault whilst drunk, kicked the victim whilst on the ground, magistrate said as first offence, no jail time. Recent case for drunken assault, one attacker received a 4 month sentence, the other 6 weeks.

I was refering to most Drunk and Disorderly conduct or an obey to move on with caution..failing to observe an order from Police..

@Harry...

So when they crack a bottle across your face you won't retaliate with force because of the gender gap. Wait until you find out that there aren't soft female bottles.

If you hang out in places where a lady is apt to crack a bottle across your face, I would suggest it's time for a serious reevaluation of your quality of life.

Turn the other cheek.

Or then move to another bar...

Now I am really worried...

I just got to like very much australian wines.

Is that what it does to people???

Please do not judge us on the example simple1 used, that was in Victoria and they are all crazy drunk on VB down there.

That was an amazing example simple1 used. This line from that story really caught my eye.

"Magistrate Michael Coghlan said Ramsay had been "itching" for a fight that night........"

Who the hell in their right mind "itches" for a fight??? Strange stuff.... If you are tough, and a fight comes up, then jump right in and go for it. But to plan for a fight makes no sense to a normal person. Unless.......you win every fight, so then it is fun. But I guess that would make the person a bully. :-)

Edited by EyesWideOpen

You seem to be overlooking a few things.

1. The drunken scumbags were the perpetrators here.

2. The drunken scumbags got exactly what they deserved.

3. Defending the drunken scumbags is a bit ludicrous, mate.

You're the one being ludicrous here, mate....

I've overlooked nothing. Assuming the report was 100% accurate and they are guilty as reported, they did not deserve a deadly attack from a mob. They "deserved" to be restrained and arrested - that's it.

My point was about the assault on them being deadly. Yes, they did survive but it could have resulted in death.

Edited by tropo

Ok, so assuming they are guilty as reported and this occurred in Australia, what do you think the appropriate punishment should be for something like this in Australia? A public flogging?

Edited by tropo

Uh, excuse me, perhaps a better example - Japanese?? Koreans? Singaporeans? Malays? Indonesians? Any nationality of Africans? Any nationalities of Central or South Americans? No, not really. Certain nationalities seem to be interestingly overrepresented in these things. I attribute it to cultural arrogance -- aggression and of course drink.

This occurred at the Kangaroo Bar in Phuket, a very popular Australian tourist destination. Obviously Australians will tend to be "over represented" compared to most other nationalities as far as getting drunk in Phuket is concerned.

Australian tourism to Thailand has increased due to the improvement of exchange rate. 2009 AUD-THB was about 24. For most of the last year until recently it was well over 30... whereas other currencies have tanked and tourist numbers have dropped in recent years. There are a lot of Australians getting drunk every day in Phuket.

People can't see this. All they can see is an incident involving Australians and immediately jump on their "I hate Australians" bandwagon.

Edited by tropo
  • Like 1

@ tropo , I am surprised you even responded to that "ludicrous" comment from BradinAsia. He seems to know a lot about what happened that night, perhaps he was there. Likes the term "drunken scumbags" as well, takes one to know one.

I am beginning to think these guys found a bottle of Bundy rum that night and the rest is history.

Edited by mikemac

You seem to be overlooking a few things.

1. The drunken scumbags were the perpetrators here.

2. The drunken scumbags got exactly what they deserved.

3. Defending the drunken scumbags is a bit ludicrous, mate.

You're the one being ludicrous here, mate....

I've overlooked nothing. Assuming the report was 100% accurate and they are guilty as reported, they did not deserve a deadly attack from a mob. They "deserved" to be restrained and arrested - that's it.

My point was about the assault on them being deadly. Yes, they did survive but it could have resulted in death.

You will not likely find many folks would agree with your overly forgiving view of a couple worthless hoodlums.

The assault on them was very appropriate. Sometimes "instant karma" is so sweet.

@ tropo , I am surprised you even responded to that "ludicrous" comment from BradinAsia. He seems to know a lot about what happened that night, perhaps he was there. Likes the term "drunken scumbags" as well, takes one to know one.

I am beginning to think these guys found a bottle of Bundy rum that night and the rest is history.

Isn't it ironic that all these businesses selling booze will beg (advertise) for customers to come and drink their booze and then when they get too drunk and rowdy they'll throw them out on the street like trash or even "punish" them first - their best customers.

Drunks are the biggest spending tourists. They (businesses profiting from them) need to learn how to handle them the way they deserve to be handled - with some human dignity. They're partaking of legally sold drugs which alter mental state, yet once they've spent a small fortune on their alcohol they'll kick them to the curb.

We went through this for decades in Australia... bouncers beating up drunk customers and on some occasions killing them. This (death) happened twice where I used to live. Now they cannot assault a customer but need to restrain them. This requires some training but is necessary for them to attain a licence. As if the Thai mob in Phuket gives a shit. There's a lot of racial hatred that cannot be restrained if they have an excuse to let go.

Edited by tropo
  • Like 1

Curious....What do you think is the cause of this supposed racial hatred by the Thai mob?

I'm not interested in analysing the cause as that would be way off topic. The reason should be fairly obvious.

The point was that many of these street mobs don't need much of an excuse to get stuck into visiting foreigners. They always work in packs.

Edited by tropo

Curious....What do you think is the cause of this supposed racial hatred by the Thai mob?

I'm not interested in analysing the cause as that would be way off topic. The reason should be fairly obvious.

The point was that many of these street mobs don't need much of an excuse to get stuck into visiting foreigners. They always work in packs.

OK..i've lived in Thailand over 20 years....mixed and mingled all over and never seen as you said ''a lot of racial hatred"' .....mob violence? sure any country has that and add booze and shit happens now and again..but a lot of racial hatred is crap..IMO

OK..i've lived in Thailand over 20 years....mixed and mingled all over and never seen as you said ''a lot of racial hatred"' .....mob violence? sure any country has that and add booze and shit happens now and again..but a lot of racial hatred is crap..IMO

May I suggest you open your eyes and take off your rose coloured glasses.

And yes, these type of incidents do occur all over the world. Where did I Indicate that this only happens in Thailand?

Edited by tropo