Kawasaki Mach Iv 750 Info Needed

Any who has only the facts please..i' only want facts..thumbsup.gif

This all started on a two stroke story and lead on to ..specifically Kawasaki Mach IV H2 model.

I have been debating a guy on facts of naming of the ''widowmaker''

He says the H2 MachIV was prefixed KH750, but i say not..it was only ever H2 Mach IV.

He is convinced that the above was sold [because he's seen parts on E-bay listing as such] with the KH prefix..ie KH 750 and this example he posted...

"a 1972 KH750 "for sale in Motor Cycle News

My response was:

There was no such beast as a KH750..There is for sure KH250 and KH400 The KH prefix came in,in '76... only after the H2 MachIV 750 ceased production in '75-76 ..

Anyone can confirm the facts either way, please post..thanks ..wai.gif .

http://www.cyclechaos.com/wiki/List_of_Kawasaki_motorcycles

This list seems extremely exhaustive. No KH750. And I always remember them as the H2 or just the Mach iv, but usually we just called it the H2 or obviously, the widowmaker.

Edit: there's quite a bit of reference on the web to a KH750 that refers to a KH500 frame and fitted with a H2 750 motor - maybe that's where the legend has arisen?

Edited by Gsxrnz

In 1972, the 750 cc Kawasaki H2 Mach IV was introduced and was essentially a scaled-up version of the H1 500. A stock H2 was rated at 12.0 seconds for the quarter mile (402 m). Updated with more power and better front disc brakes, the H2 became the undisputed king of the streets, even beating legendary muscle cars of the era such as the Plymouth Hemi Cuda. It was notoriously dangerous, being prone to up-and-over wheelies and speed wobbles. The dangerous handling characteristics arising from its mediocre frame design caused it to be nicknamed the "Widowmaker" by motorcycle enthusiasts of the 1970s.

Source Wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kawasaki_triple

• Like 1

In 1972, the 750 cc Kawasaki H2 Mach IV was introduced and was essentially a scaled-up version of the H1 500. A stock H2 was rated at 12.0 seconds for the quarter mile (402 m). Updated with more power and better front disc brakes, the H2 became the undisputed king of the streets, even beating legendary muscle cars of the era such as the Plymouth Hemi Cuda. It was notoriously dangerous, being prone to up-and-over wheelies and speed wobbles. The dangerous handling characteristics arising from its mediocre frame design caused it to be nicknamed the "Widowmaker" by motorcycle enthusiasts of the 1970s.

Source Wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kawasaki_triple

Thanks..thats all easily scourced and well known..

Thats not the info that i asked for though....wai2.gif

Thanks guys but your missing the main point

maybe check here for the gist of my ''discussion''

http://www.thaivisa....-3#entry6431756

Edited by andreandre

Sometimes it is nothing more than different badges for different countries.... Could be as simple as that?

You posted your photo on the other thread..nice looking bike thumbsup.gif

Did you happen to read the post above yours?

Definately not "different badges for different countries"

You are asking for forty year old memories. I was a Kawasaki dealer at that time in Georgia and I only road the street models there first year out. The 1972 model I road was a plan blue with a squareish tank. The last couple years models had more stream lined tanks in beautiful flake gold or purple paint jobs, and stiffer frames and especially swing arms though still not great. In the mid 70's I was riding the KX1000 on the street and road racing a S3 400 in Florida. I digress, if memory serves on obscure paper work like titles, order forms, invoices and the like the last couples years of the 750 triple was listed as KH750 buy not on the bike or any promotional materials. How that is the USA and I remember that the English and the Europeans had different names and paper work for almost every model bike. Hope I was helpful.

Yes mate..i know and you know, but the clown on the other thread wont accept it, thats all..

As i posted on the other one below again....;I just want someone to reiterate my facts so the clown shuts up and accepts that he's wrong...instead of name calling and living in denial.....

From H2 forum site;

In 1976..the year after the 750 was dis- continued

• H2 dropped from line, models renamed "KH" to match the "KZ" line of four strokes.
  • KH-250 250 cc.
  • KH-400 400 cc.
  • KH-500 500 cc.

[Note;No KH-750cc]

From Kawa website:""then in 1976 things changed big style.

Kawasaki decided to re-designate their entire model range with new prefixes.

All two stroke road bikes were now called KH models (Kawasaki highway)

[Remember H2 ceased production in 1975]

Kawasaki triple - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kawasaki_triple‎

The Kawasaki triples were a range of 250 cc to 750 cc motorcycles Kawasaki exported from 1969 to 1980 ... The H2 ceased production in 1975, and the model line became the KH series in 1976 ....

coffee1.gif

Edited by andreandre

Did some searching for you and in a Dutch magazine ( auto-motor klassiek) i found an interesting article:

The atricle descripes the modelhistory of the H2 and according to that article the H2 750 was at the end of it's lifespan renamed ( but never imported in Holland) in KH 750A

from the article a overview of the serial numbers ( frame and engine)

H2 Mach 4 1972

enginenr: H2E 00001

framenr: H2E 00001

H2A 1973

enginenr: H2E 23158

framenr: H2F 23671

H2B 1974

enginenr: H2E 32401

framenr: H2F 32201

H2C 1975:

engine number: H2E 42827

framenr: H2F 42547

and finally in 1976 the KH750A ( no engine and frame nr's in the article)

In 1975 the factory raced the H2 called H2R replaced in 1975 by the watercooled KR750

Hope this helps even when it means you "lost" you're discussion, but it's just an article and not exact science.

if you want i can scan the article and upload it ( it's in Dutch)

btw another nickname for this bike ( in America) was "Rodeo bike"

Did some searching for you and in a Dutch magazine ( auto-motor klassiek) i found an interesting article:

The atricle descripes the modelhistory of the H2 and according to that article the H2 750 was at the end of it's lifespan renamed ( but never imported in Holland) in KH 750A

from the article a overview of the serial numbers ( frame and engine)

H2 Mach 4 1972

enginenr: H2E 00001

framenr: H2E 00001

H2A 1973

enginenr: H2E 23158

framenr: H2F 23671

H2B 1974

enginenr: H2E 32401

framenr: H2F 32201

H2C 1975:

engine number: H2E 42827

framenr: H2F 42547

and finally in 1976 the KH750A ( no engine and frame nr's in the article)

In 1975 the factory raced the H2 called H2R replaced in 1975 by the watercooled KR750

Hope this helps even when it means you "lost" you're discussion, but it's just an article and not exact science.

if you want i can scan the article and upload it ( it's in Dutch)

btw another nickname for this bike ( in America) was "Rodeo bike"

Yeh...rodeo bike suits it....definitley tried to buck you off...scary wee beast!!

Thanks for input, but as far as all info i have shows that the 750 ceased production in '75 and only the other smaller models got the HK prefix starting '76...

Just been messing about and found this.

Allegedly this is the KH750...it never went into production

kh750-4.jpg

The article here; http://kawasakikhregister.myfastforum.org/archive/kawasaki-prototype-kh750__o_t__t_4987.html

Nice...shame it never went into production huh...

That looks better than the Suzie waterbottle of the same era! If memory serves me correct the Suzie was a 750 3 cylinder.

That looks better than the Suzie waterbottle of the same era! If memory serves me correct the Suzie was a 750 3 cylinder.

Affectionately called the Kettle in UK...and yerp, 3cyl 750cc

GT750_001a.jpg

GT750_001a.jpg

That ones in incredibly good condition. Was it stored in someone's garage the last 35 years?

GT750_001a.jpg

That ones in incredibly good condition. Was it stored in someone's garage the last 35 years?

That one I pulled off the web...but I do know of two in UK that are near that condition