How To Apply For Long Term Stay In Bkk

Hi,

I bought a condominium in bangkok recently and I would like to stay there for few mth but as I'm consider as a tourist, I'm only allowed to stay in the country for not more than 30 days. So can I use the property I bought to apply for long term visa?

Buying a condo gives you no rights to get a visa or extension of stay unless you pay 10 million baht for it or more.

You are not limited to 30 day stays. You can get 60 day tourist visas that can be extended for 30 days at immigration. Laos is the best option because they issue 2 entry visas.

You should also check with the Thai embassy in Singapore since you are a citizen of Singapore they might issue you more than the normal single entry tourist visa.

You can buy a car without a problem with any type of visa. But the problem that many have is getting a certificate of residence required to register the car. As a tourist and in Bangkok your only choice would be to get one from your embassy and have it translated to Thai because immigration would not issue you one.

I'm from Singapore and I'm 32 yrs old and btw can I buy a car there under my name?

Yes, you can.

But you will likely need a Non-Immigrant Visa.

To get one of these you can enroll in a Thai language course.