Scum Tourists Propositioning (And Insulting) One Of My Thai Friends

davidst01

I'm sure it's not the first time a non working girl has been propositioned and I'm sure it won't be the last. Why all the fuss?

Because we don't like it and shouldn't have to put up with it. Unfortunately, women in Thailand have to put up with it because authorities won't do anything about it unless they are shamed into it. North American women now have some rights that are upheld.

• Like 1

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure it's not the first time a non working girl has been propositioned and I'm sure it won't be the last. Why all the fuss?

Because we don't like it and shouldn't have to put up with it. Unfortunately, women in Thailand have to put up with it because authorities won't do anything about it unless they are shamed into it. North American women now have some rights that are upheld.

Rene, with all due respect I don't know about that. If someone could correct me then fine, I'll be straightened out. But I don't think it's universal in America.

Yes there are laws against sexual harassment in the workplace that will get someone fired but even then I don't think it's criminal. I think it's civil and the remedy is for the employer fire the perp or get sued by the victim. Even then there's a problem because some men are harassed and not believed, and some women use it as a weapon.

But if I were to walk up to a woman in the market and simply tell her she's sexy and that I'd like to sleep with her, I don't know that that's a crime. A difference is that she wouldn't be offered money, just an outing. I might get slapped or kicked, LOL. She might start screaming and get me thrown out of the place.

We're really big on freedom of speech and of expression in the US, and I'm not with you until someone corrects me.

As for the gal in Thailand by the OP, if it's true IMHO she should have ignored them and kept walking as any woman in any country should do. As long as they didn't restrain her by blocking her way or touching her, she shouldn't let it ruin her life? If true, they were jerks?

err... what do you mean, authorities have to step in against a group of drunk tourists hitting on women ?

A friend of mine on fbook wrote a comment where she was extremely angry and upset about something- without exactly stating what the problem was.

I wrote her a note asking if she was ok and what was wrong. She said

''Hi, I just met four Foreigners on street while I'm walking to go home they ask me to go with them,they give me money and I took them money and throw money in the bin in front of them to see that money cannot buy me and I'm not like a kind of women like that they said to me that money can buy everything no matter how hard it is so I'm happy to throw them money in the bin and see them pick it up,but at that time I feel so angry and hot inside can't stay calm,now I'm ok''

My friend is a classy girl and has extremely high integrity; and is a talented chef in Bangkok and works hard in her job. I can totally understand that she must have been insulted. If I had of been with her I obviously would have handled this situation and abused these immature guys.

If this happens to her again, how should a thai girl react to this situation in your opinion... (please refrain from troll comments as I want to let her read this thread)

I (for one but I am sure there are many many others on this board) am truly impressed that your friendship with this exceptional young lady has led you to post in this forum excoriating and "by implication" smearing the sizable contingent of non-Thais who post here as ripe for your admonishment.

It is unfortunate that the words and actions of a few hooligans have been so much a source of pain and torment for your friend that she decided to feature the incident on her Facebook page. It is indeed a credit to all non-Thais, male and female, indeed the expat community as a whole, that you have taken up the cause of this "classy girl"

Your like-minded reaction, your decision to broadcast the incident on this forum and your shared morality regarding your friend is likely to bring you closer.

We're all here for ya.

Donnie

What's exceptional in refusing to be gang raped by morons ?

except really hardcore prostitutes I don't know many women who would accept

Let them know she is calling the police for harassment. See how long they hang around and have 2nd thoughts about another victim. Either that, or kick them in the ... biggrin.png

Amusing story of my recent flight to Samui.

Flew out from U-Tapao on a BKK airways flight that was at best 30% full, I was seated in row 2 with my missus opposite us in row 2 were two guys of unknown ethnicity (English was not their native tongue but they could speak it)............ as the flight was preparing to land the very pretty cabin lady came to her seat to buckle in for landing upon which time one of the guys asked her how much for short time upon which him and his mate burst out laughing.

Stone cold faced she replied to him "Would you like to continue enjoying your holiday or would you like me to speak to the Captain and ask for the police to meet you when we land"............. guy went very pale faced and apologized profusely.

one of my ex's was BA crew

she was on a trip from Heathrow to LA

she was serving drinks over the aisle seat to the window seat

the occupant of the aisle seat took the opportunity to reach into her blouse and grab her boob

when he was told off by her he got more aggressive and loudly abused her

the crew restrained him, the captain was informed

they diverted and dropped him off in Nova Scotia

he had to pay the landing fees, fines, everything.....

its best to be respectful to women

wether it be on the ground or at 30,000 feet

Surprised this wasn't in the news??

• Like 1

"We" ?????

how many times have you been mistaken for a working girl and propositioned then Rene?

Edited by AnotherOneAmerican
  • Like 1

I've never seen it personally and I still have to ask if we are being royally trolled, The whole 'hunting in packs' BS sounds more like something that might happen in a nightlife precinct in Australia, but I simply havent seen it in Thailand - if it does happen, how many sane people would be willing to risk either Police or locals responding to obvious attempts to intimidate 'civilians' ? Even in the bars, by the time the 'cavemen' get to this stage they seem more interested in fighting than fornicating. My policy is simple - I avoid any bar with a large proportion of loud Farang, regardless of how 'happy' they might seem. I'm also happy that I dont support any team in the EPL :D

• Like 2

Strictly speaking it's sexual harassment. My wife and a good looking member of the family, school teacher, have been approached by Westerners in the street for sexual services on a number of occasions. They do not consider the approach as amusing or a compliment, but a major irritation. These idiots should constrain themselves to use the thousands of venues (bar beers etc) set up for prostitution. I bet they would boast about their “pick up” skills when paying for sex.

BTW my wife and her neice just ignore being approached, but both say it is really annoying to have to deal with this behaviour.

Edited by simple1
  • Like 1

I'm guessing the OP's greatly exaggerated feelings of disgust are probably over the fact that he's been desperately trying to get into the lady in question's knickers but hasn't managed it yet! 

Move on or head for Nana/Soi Cowboy to relieve those frustrations my friend!

Far as I remember OP has a girlfriend who's told him her father is a policeman, and he asked TV members why she told him, if he should fear. Also there was something with a FamilyMart chick, forgot the details. It's confusing all those issues he has with girls. :wacko:

I'm guessing the OP's greatly exaggerated feelings of disgust are probably over the fact that he's been desperately trying to get into the lady in question's knickers but hasn't managed it yet!

Move on or head for Nana/Soi Cowboy to relieve those frustrations my friend!

Far as I remember OP has a girlfriend who's told him her father is a policeman, and he asked TV members why she told him, if he should fear. Also there was something with a FamilyMart chick, forgot the details. It's confusing all those issues he has with girls. wacko.png

Oh, he is the Family Mart bun in oven guy!

A veritable ball of confusion when it comes to females.

If she truly were "classy" then she would have either ignored them or laughed it off. Why such an animated reaction?
BTW, these things don't just happen in Thailand.This sounds like a troll post, but anyway, next time it happens you should get all Bruce Lee on them, that will solve the problem hot shot. crazy.gif

Wouldn't happen if they just stayed in the kitchen.

Wow, you really don't know Thailand very well do you cheesy.gif

Most younger Thais don't have much of a kitchen because it is easier to eat out or to order food.

And the award for being unable to spot a joke goes to....

Ok ,since this is the age of equality between men and women how am i supposed to react when i am walking in Bangkok and a girl comes up to me and lets me know she is available and willing to go with me?

Let them know she is calling the police for harassment. See how long they hang around and have 2nd thoughts about another victim. Either that, or kick them in the ... biggrin.png

Flew out from U-Tapao on a BKK airways flight that was at best 30% full, I was seated in row 2 with my missus opposite us in row 2 were two guys of unknown ethnicity (English was not their native tongue but they could speak it)............ as the flight was preparing to land the very pretty cabin lady came to her seat to buckle in for landing upon which time one of the guys asked her how much for short time upon which him and his mate burst out laughing.

Stone cold faced she replied to him "Would you like to continue enjoying your holiday or would you like me to speak to the Captain and ask for the police to meet you when we land"............. guy went very pale faced and apologized profusely.

Very clever woman, the two fool's will think a second time before they say this to any other woman that is not in a bar

Ok ,since this is the age of equality between men and women how am i supposed to react when i am walking in Bangkok and a girl comes up to me and lets me know she is available and willing to go with me?

First you check if she's pre or post op.

• Like 1

one of my ex's was BA crew

she was on a trip from Heathrow to LA

she was serving drinks over the aisle seat to the window seat

the occupant of the aisle seat took the opportunity to reach into her blouse and grab her boob

when he was told off by her he got more aggressive and loudly abused her

the crew restrained him, the captain was informed

they diverted and dropped him off in Nova Scotia

he had to pay the landing fees, fines, everything.....

Pictures or that didn't happen...

• Like 1

Most younger Thais don't have much of a kitchen because it is easier to eat out or to order food.

Oh I saw the attempt, but you know, most people under the age of 60 and who can see women as more than chattels that should go barefoot in the kitchen or attending to housework, would not consider it even slightly amusing. I figured an ignorant comment was worthy of that type of response.

Hopefully it won't happen to her again, but if it does, forget about the money. Calling the police would take too long. Just make some noise asking for help from the motorcycle taxis or other Thai guys around. That would teach those idiots

Good answer, but I think it is more likely there wasn't anyone nearby when these morons approached the girl, otherwise they would probably have left her alone.

Look, you can't blame a bunch of young, drunk tourists in Thailand. So they offered her money, she declined after firstly taking it from them then she gets upset and puts it on Facebook. So what. Least they didn't try and drag her away. Then that's a real problem.

Yes, it would be a real problem, but no guys should approach a lone woman unknown to them, in the street in any country, so yes, you can blame them.

Oh I saw the attempt, but you know, most people under the age of 60 and who can see women as more than chattels that should go barefoot in the kitchen or attending to housework, would not consider it even slightly amusing. I figured an ignorant comment was worthy of that type of response.

Sure.

pinocchio-nose.gif

May I suggest some Vitamin B12.

I don't believe the OP.

Thais don't disrespect money (with the King on)

I have seen a Thai lady rip a 100 baht bill in half in the middle of a crowded street.

How do you know she was Thai?