Best Place To Meet Single Woman?

Gone

Haven't been to Pattaya for a few years, but I remember two locations around town where 6.00pm aerobics classes were held.

Beach Road near Pattaya Klang, and Buddha Hill.

The girls who attend are genuine and health conscious. Most 'service' girls wouldn't be interested, and are working at that time anyway.

Plenty of time to check out the eye candy, and get into a chit chat.

You will be about the only guy there, so not much competition.

As a bonus, you might lose that spare tyre, and look alright for the ladies.thumbsup.gif

Edited by Radar501

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hooked up with a Beautician that cut my hair & we have been together almost 10 years now.

Happy hunting!

I'm not making any comment about your situation specifically, but things are not always as they seem and I thought it wouldn't do any harm to mention it as a warning.

I know a lady who owns a salon here who uses it as a front to find foreigners. I knew what she was up to as she had cut my nails for years and used to tell me about her boyfriends. She knew I was married so she didn't consider me a prospect. Sometimes she'd be away for weeks at a time - she even took a trip to Europe. She was a smart operator - I'm sure she's not the only one. I could easily understand how a visitor would think they found a "good" one.

Pattaya is a mine field if you are looking for a 'good' lady.

Hotel receptionists, shop assistants, beauticians. laundry women etc there is no guarantees that they are not playing the game. Plenty of examples of guys being taken by normal girls in Patts.

I worked with some Thai girls last year in Singapore all uni graduates from upper middle class families earning good dollars and they wouldn't look twice at most farangs unless they were similar age and similar education. They don't have to as there are plenty of thai guys around with similar high education and wealth.

Quote: If I was the owner of the Pool bar (or similar),I would try to get the proper license to do this type of thing.

Save your money With all due respect I think you would lose your ass on this adventure. With women so easy to find through all the outlets you would be better opening an internet shop in BKK for the UNI. girls up there. Pattaya would be a straight up bust & 1 more bar rolling it up within 6 months & out of funds. On the other hand if you opened the bars you could pick up on your staff you would be required to have. If your just looking for company carouse around at least you get to see some women without to many borders on what you want. Most women in this area have very little difficulties finding a man. Only the introverted will be left out , but that being said I don't see that many super shy girls here. In the western countries bars are a good place to hook up- but you still have to use your big head instead of the small one. Here I am not to sure if barhopping to find a good long term prospect may be a little lame unless you don't mind the girl with 6 phones & you get to play chase. I think you catch the drift.

Another guy that needs top get out of the bars and live here for awhile. Also please read my OP again but very slowly this time so you get it ok?

Dude with all due respect you are looking more like a troll to everyone that is trying to give you answers. Just for your information the last time I went to a bar looking for a lady was in 2003 here on vacation. It was way easier to just strike up a conversation & get a date the old fashioned way. The way you are posting you do not seem to committal at all to a long term or a short time . Most of us are getting confused. Besides on a Pattaya post one sounds absolutely pathetic when you cant find a gal in a country that is most women & a town that sports tons of women of every background. And really don't get so over revved when you post .It shows poor netiquette & possibly why you are having problems meeting a girl. I hope for your sake you are a little smoother with the ladies.

I think the only person getting "confused" here is you mate.

I sound pathetic do I because I cannot find a gf? hmmmmmmmmmm I married here for 5 years and divorced 8 years ago and remain great friends with my ex and in fact match her salary of 8,200 baht per month forever because she was a good lady. We just had different lives.

I have always had a gf and if you had been reading the posts you would have seen my last post that said: My latest gf just went back to Bkk for her last job. She doesn't like to live in Pattaya and I don't want to live in Bkk so we remain great friends.

Seems you are too fast to just jump right in and post without reading all the facts.

Anyways, thanks to everyone else who gave some decent feedback and answers. Much appreciated.

BTW I speak fluent Thai.

Quote: If I was the owner of the Pool bar (or similar),I would try to get the proper license to do this type of thing.

Save your money With all due respect I think you would lose your ass on this adventure. With women so easy to find through all the outlets you would be better opening an internet shop in BKK for the UNI. girls up there. Pattaya would be a straight up bust & 1 more bar rolling it up within 6 months & out of funds. On the other hand if you opened the bars you could pick up on your staff you would be required to have. If your just looking for company carouse around at least you get to see some women without to many borders on what you want. Most women in this area have very little difficulties finding a man. Only the introverted will be left out , but that being said I don't see that many super shy girls here. In the western countries bars are a good place to hook up- but you still have to use your big head instead of the small one. Here I am not to sure if barhopping to find a good long term prospect may be a little lame unless you don't mind the girl with 6 phones & you get to play chase. I think you catch the drift.

Another guy that needs top get out of the bars and live here for awhile. Also please read my OP again but very slowly this time so you get it ok?

Dude with all due respect you are looking more like a troll to everyone that is trying to give you answers. Just for your information the last time I went to a bar looking for a lady was in 2003 here on vacation. It was way easier to just strike up a conversation & get a date the old fashioned way. The way you are posting you do not seem to committal at all to a long term or a short time . Most of us are getting confused. Besides on a Pattaya post one sounds absolutely pathetic when you cant find a gal in a country that is most women & a town that sports tons of women of every background. And really don't get so over revved when you post .It shows poor netiquette & possibly why you are having problems meeting a girl. I hope for your sake you are a little smoother with the ladies.

I think the only person getting "confused" here is you mate.

I sound pathetic do I because I cannot find a gf? hmmmmmmmmmm I married here for 5 years and divorced 8 years ago and remain great friends with my ex and in fact match her salary of 8,200 baht per month forever because she was a good lady. We just had different lives.

I have always had a gf and if you had been reading the posts you would have seen my last post that said: My latest gf just went back to Bkk for her last job. She doesn't like to live in Pattaya and I don't want to live in Bkk so we remain great friends.

Seems you are too fast to just jump right in and post without reading all the facts.

Anyways, thanks to everyone else who gave some decent feedback and answers. Much appreciated.

BTW I speak fluent Thai.

Gone i was with you until your post of being fluent in Thai.

Now you lost me

BTW I speak fluent Thai.

I figured that would be essential if you want to socialize with "good" girls who don't have much experience with English speaking foreigners. It would be a very boring (and unfruitful) experience for most of us who don't know the language.

But even if you know the language, I'd expect that most of them would be quite boring to talk to. We just don't have much in common and with a considerable age gap, even less.

Edited by tropo

Post #64, sorry to reply like this, its the quote system on here, anyway here goes for another attempt.

Its amazing the number of farang on these sort of forums who make these claims, we never see them visit the language forum.

Frankly I am amazed at such a claim, my Thai is passable at best, I

have stated before on the language forum, there are whole swathes of the

language I am lacking in, medical, religious, engineering or legal Thai.

Best of luck to the OP, I have been studying the language for years and am nowhere near fluency.

Too be honest, its mundane, boring, repetitive but most of all bloody

frustrating, the more I learn the more I know how little I actually

know.

I suppose it depends on your definition of fluency.

Plenty of English native speakers would be lost when it came to law, engineering and medical language but I wouldn't say they weren't fluent in the language.

It appears that Gone has lived in Thailand for a long time with a thai partner so I would presume that he should be able to speak thai reasonably well wouldn't you.

• Like 1

Post #64, sorry to reply like this, its the quote system on here, anyway here goes for another attempt.

Its amazing the number of farang on these sort of forums who make these claims, we never see them visit the language forum.

Best of luck to the OP, I have been studying the language for years and am nowhere near fluency.

know.

Plenty of English native speakers would be lost when it came to law, engineering and medical language but I wouldn't say they weren't fluent in the language.

It appears that Gone has lived in Thailand for a long time with a thai partner so I would presume that he should be able to speak thai reasonably well wouldn't you.

I lived in Thailand for a decade, work 16 hour days with Thai's and i would not call myself fluent or anywhere near.

Some claim to speak fluent Thai, only to use 3 thai words in a sentence of 10 words.

Some claim to speak fluent Thai, only Thai do not understand a word they say

• Like 1

While I'm currently at my quota for foreign girlfriends (at 1, BTW), I do wonder about all the models at the trade shows.

I would imagine they have been pre-screened to keep out the "pros", they range from pretty to absolutely gorgeous, and they have jobs. Only question is, are they approachable?

Anyone have any experience meeting the models at trade shows?

No bragging, just the facts, please.

Think most are guys, my friend so check out under the bonnet first.thumbsup.gif

know.

I lived in Thailand for a decade, work 16 hour days with Thai's and i would not call myself fluent or anywhere near.

Some claim to speak fluent Thai, only to use 3 thai words in a sentence of 10 words.

Is Thai really that hard? I speak a bit and I have never studied it or really tried to learn it. Well I know the tones aren't easy but the grammar is dead easy and the average Thai doesn't seem to have a very wide vocabulary so surely if you have lived in Thailand for a long time and had a thai partner and you made an effort it is not too far a stretch to speak reasonably well.

know.

Indeed, I suppose my definition and his are two different levels of fluency.

I too have lived in Thailand for a good few years now, and am able to speak the language "reasonably" but I wouldnt be so arrogant as to claim fluency.

Over on the language forum I can count on my one hand those who are fluent, and at leat 3 of them are leuk kreung.

Best of luck to the OP for making such a claim, I can only aspire to get to his level.

If the OP is a fluent Thai speaker, why doesn't he ask some Thai people where the action is? It seems rather absurd to ask some clueless, opinionated and not very helpful farang forum members where Thai people go for a night out.

• Like 1

know.

Is Thai really that hard? I speak a bit and I have never studied it or really tried to learn it. Well I know the tones aren't easy but the grammar is dead easy and the average Thai doesn't seem to have a very wide vocabulary so surely if you have lived in Thailand for a long time and had a thai partner and you made an effort it is not too far a stretch to speak reasonably well.

The expression you are looking for is, ngu ngu pla pla.

Yes Thai is really that hard, depends on your definition of reasonably.

• Like 1

know.

In my opinion Thai is very very hard. Not only you have the tones, but also "level" of words ie words used depending on who you speak with.

There are hardly any rules, and way too many words to learn.

Sure if i was in the bar, speaking to bar girl, some would say i speak Fluent.

I do speak 3rd language which i learned and that language i speak about 90% fluent.

When comparing the 2, I am nowhere near fluent or even good, in my opinion

• Like 1

^^^^^, so true, next time you are at immigration for your annual visa, try using phrases such as ting tong or kop jai nong and see how far you get before being shown the door.

Its a layerd language, the language I use at the local market I wouldnt dare use at anywhere official such as a bank.

Edited by rgs2001uk
  • Like 1

^^^^^, so true, next time you are at immigration for your annual visa, try using phrases such as ting tong or kop jai nong and see how far you get before being shown the door.

Its a layerd language, the language I use at the local market I wouldnt dare use at anywhere official such as a bank.

]

That goes without saying. Different contexts require a different level of language.

You would need to take formal language classes for a number of years as well as being committed to the language to speak well.

I know people say you can learn off the internet and off other people but you need to learn the formal way first through proper formal thai courses.

Of course that takes a bit commitment and a number of years but not insurmountable if you happen to be living in Thailand.

]

That goes without saying. Different contexts require a different level of language.

You would need to take formal language classes for a number of years as well as being committed to the language to speak well.

I know people say you can learn off the internet and off other people but you need to learn the formal way first through proper formal thai courses.

Of course that takes a bit commitment and a number of years but not insurmountable if you happen to be living in Thailand.

If what you say was as easy and as true as you making it out, there would not be so many girlfriends in immigration or banks accompanying .

]

Been there done that, at least the teachers can explain, can Nok from the Hansum Man Bar explain?

I know people say you can learn off the internet and off other people

but you need to learn the formal way first through proper formal thai

courses.

Learn what, Issan Thai, Central Thai, Southern Thai?

Of course that takes a bit commitment and a number of years

See previous answer, been there done that, everyday is a learning expeience for me, assuming of course what you hear is correct.

I attendted formal language courses, there was a farang who spoke a bit of Thai.

The teacher asked him, how is the weather today, answer, its effin roasting, yes ok you can use that in the village or at the local market, but I wouldnt use it.

Teacher goes bright red and asks the guy, is your wife from Issan, I am pissing myself laughing, at the same time Japanese and Korean students are trying to write it down before they forget what was said.

Theres a tip for the OP get yourself to a formal language school, or go to any hospital and ask for a checkup, receptionists/admim staff, doctors assistants, Xray technicians fusing and fawning all over you.

If you dont leave the hospital with at least three phone numbers pack up and go home, maybe we aint all the hansum man we think we are.

]

Been there done that, at least the teachers can explain, can Nok from the Hansum Man Bar explain?

I know people say you can learn off the internet and off other people

but you need to learn the formal way first through proper formal thai

courses.

Learn what, Issan Thai, Central Thai, Southern Thai?

Of course that takes a bit commitment and a number of years

See previous answer, been there done that, everyday is a learning expeience for me, assuming of course what you hear is correct.

I attendted formal language courses, there was a farang who spoke a bit of Thai.

The teacher asked him, how is the weather today, answer, its effin roasting, yes ok you can use that in the village or at the local market, but I wouldnt use it.

Teacher goes bright red and asks the guy, is your wife from Issan, I am pissing myself laughing, at the same time Japanese and Korean students are trying to write it down before they forget what was said.

Theres a tip for the OP get yourself to a formal language school, or go to any hospital and ask for a checkup, receptionists/admim staff, doctors assistants, Xray technicians fusing and fawning all over you.

If you dont leave the hospital with at least three phone numbers pack up and go home, maybe we aint all the hansum man we think we are.

Sadly i am already aware i am not a hansum man but i have a good hearttongue.png

• Like 1

WOW so now my OP has turned into a language bashing battle. lol. Anyways many are right, I should not have used the word "fluent" because I am not. I would say maybe 90% but also speak "decent" Lao (also knows as Essarn) because I had 22 Thai employees who were all from Essarn. It is actually easier to speak and/or understand.

When I first came to Thailand I met my ex-wife within 6 months and married not long after that. Were we lived at that time there were no Foreigners let alone English speaking Thai's. I bought a Motorbike and a truck and seeing that the wife worked 6 days per week I had no choice but to learn Thai. Carrying around my Lonely Planet Thai Language pocket book and just smiling and trying to say what I wanted to say and pointing to it to the Thai (it also had the Thai writing) they would say it in Thai and I would keep saying it over and over.

That was actually the finest time I have had here. I am from Canada (bi-lingual) and could speak French when I was in school and also became quite good in Spanish when I used to live in South America so maybe languages come easier for me.

My friend who came to Thailand the same time I did actually became "fluent" within 1 1/2 years and I mean he could read, write and speak Thai better then some Thais. He even discovered a mistake on the Beer Chang bottles and he was correct.

I am an Engineer and have worked with many Thai Engineers here so that also helped when venturing out into different subjects other then just conversation. I have had several dealings with the police (good and bad) so that helps in that area and having my old dad stay with me here from 80 to 84 with his health and mine also I picked up on that area too.

I guess what I am saying is yes for sure it is NOT easy to speak Thai but when you are forced to you can do it. I tried schools because I wanted (and still do) to read and write Thai but found schools boring.

PS: Most Thai girls hate a guy that can speak Thai because then they cannot gossip about you to their friends. I have had a lot of fun just listening to conversations for an hour or so and then to their embarrassment, replied using Thai slang/conversation and sometimes they were so embarrassed that they just all got up and left. That was when they were talking crap about foreigners and I don't mean just woman.

• Like 1

PS: Most Thai girls hate a guy that can speak Thai because then they cannot gossip about you to their friends. I have had a lot of fun just listening to conversations for an hour or so and then to their embarrassment, replied using Thai slang/conversation and sometimes they were so embarrassed that they just all got up and left. That was when they were talking crap about foreigners and I don't mean just woman.

I reckon the 'nice girls' don't hate foreigners understanding their language, maybe they just feel uncomfortable at first?

But that is neither here nor there when it comes to asking where to find someplace to socially interact and get chatting with them. Use your current Thai skills to seek out where to go. You could ask the waiter when you are dining out, or the office manager at your condo (if you stay in one) or ask a Thai neighbour. Ask a male bank teller or even the motorcycle taxi guys. They would probably have a good handle on where the buzz is. Ask the guys, don't ask the girls. The girls may take it as an attempt to hit on them and blank you. If you are confident enough, why not take a walk along Third Road around 10PM and see what the customers look like. Maybe ask the door guys or valet parking guys if the club is hopping? If any of them chose to blow you off or pan you, their loss but they may also be taken aback by a foreigner speaking 'fluently' so expect the dumb look first.

Now, once you have scoped out a few places and picked a good one, try and play down your Thai skills (especially the slang) when engaged in conversation with the girls. Let them talk trash or gossip as that helps sort the wheat from the chaff. If you use slang, they may peg you as a sexpat moving up-market. Having a Thai ex- will always be a skeleton in your cupboard in their eyes so best to deny it with Miss Right Now. Up to you if Miss Right gets the whole enchilada.

Edited by NanLaew

Try the pristine beach road area. The finest quality girls and guaranteed to never strike out.

No need to hide behind your screens and tap away at the keys online for a girl. Simply put on some walking shoes, hat, clothes and go for a walk on the beach.

Very nice girls and talented too. Many are marriage material and you would be proud to bring them home to mama, soup mama perhaps....

• Like 1

I reckon the 'nice girls' don't hate foreigners understanding their language, maybe they just feel uncomfortable at first?

But that is neither here nor there when it comes to asking where to find someplace to socially interact and get chatting with them. Use your current Thai skills to seek out where to go. You could ask the waiter when you are dining out, or the office manager at your condo (if you stay in one) or ask a Thai neighbour. Ask a male bank teller or even the motorcycle taxi guys. They would probably have a good handle on where the buzz is. Ask the guys, don't ask the girls. The girls may take it as an attempt to hit on them and blank you. If you are confident enough, why not take a walk along Third Road around 10PM and see what the customers look like. Maybe ask the door guys or valet parking guys if the club is hopping? If any of them chose to blow you off or pan you, their loss but they may also be taken aback by a foreigner speaking 'fluently' so expect the dumb look first.

Now, once you have scoped out a few places and picked a good one, try and play down your Thai skills (especially the slang) when engaged in conversation with the girls. Let them talk trash or gossip as that helps sort the wheat from the chaff. If you use slang, they may peg you as a sexpat moving up-market. Having a Thai ex- will always be a skeleton in your cupboard in their eyes so best to deny it with Miss Right Now. Up to you if Miss Right gets the whole enchilada.

I agree with everything you say. Thing is I'm more into the quieter scene on the dark side to be honest and again not interested in the night-club scene. Since my OP some have said to be more specific which is true and I did I think.

Normally Thai guys will not tell you the secret places where they go to meet girls because they are worried that the farang will start going there and be competition for them.

I'm not into the short time thing but I can tell you that the girls that charge farangs 1,500+ will go with a Thai guy for between 200 - 500. I can understand that because Thais aren't "rich" like we are. lol.

Anyways everyone I am not desperate at all bur my OP was just inquiring what was going on out there these days as I said I haven't been "out there" for so long I thought maybe some new venues had opened up or something.

Try the pristine beach road area. The finest quality girls and guaranteed to never strike out.

No need to hide behind your screens and tap away at the keys online for a girl. Simply put on some walking shoes, hat, clothes and go for a walk on the beach.

Very nice girls and talented too. Many are marriage material and you would be proud to bring them home to mama, soup mama perhaps....

I want what you are smoking.

Thai friendly.com and Dateinasia.com could be the one for you. Good for those who are weeks/months before the trip. Get a chat with many girls as you like on those sites and narrow them down to pick the best three/four/five. Then tell them when you are arriivng (three different date for three different girls to avoids the clash). When you have met them all, choose the best one to stay with you until the trip ended.wai.gif

WOW so now my OP has turned into a language bashing battle. lol. Anyways many are right, I should not have used the word "fluent" because I am not. I would say maybe 90% but also speak "decent" Lao (also knows as Essarn) because I had 22 Thai employees who were all from Essarn. It is actually easier to speak and/or understand.

When I first came to Thailand I met my ex-wife within 6 months and married not long after that. Were we lived at that time there were no Foreigners let alone English speaking Thai's. I bought a Motorbike and a truck and seeing that the wife worked 6 days per week I had no choice but to learn Thai. Carrying around my Lonely Planet Thai Language pocket book and just smiling and trying to say what I wanted to say and pointing to it to the Thai (it also had the Thai writing) they would say it in Thai and I would keep saying it over and over.

That was actually the finest time I have had here. I am from Canada (bi-lingual) and could speak French when I was in school and also became quite good in Spanish when I used to live in South America so maybe languages come easier for me.

My friend who came to Thailand the same time I did actually became "fluent" within 1 1/2 years and I mean he could read, write and speak Thai better then some Thais. He even discovered a mistake on the Beer Chang bottles and he was correct.

I am an Engineer and have worked with many Thai Engineers here so that also helped when venturing out into different subjects other then just conversation. I have had several dealings with the police (good and bad) so that helps in that area and having my old dad stay with me here from 80 to 84 with his health and mine also I picked up on that area too.

I guess what I am saying is yes for sure it is NOT easy to speak Thai but when you are forced to you can do it. I tried schools because I wanted (and still do) to read and write Thai but found schools boring.

It sounds like you speak thai well enough to carry on a reasonable conversation in a variety of contexts which is really about as much as most people can reasonably expect.

I think some posters here are confusing fluency with native speaker like speaking levels. Fluency only means speaking or reading easily and well. I know quite a few farangs who speak thai pretty well. And as I say I can speak rudimentary thai without having ever studied it and I am sure with a few years formal study I would be reasonably proficient.

Looking at his attitude toward people trying to be helpful, I'm not

surprised he is looking for "new venues" after being here 13 years

and speaking fluent Thai !

luudee

• Like 1