Bailed British Expat Caught Attacking A 13 Year Old Boy Near Pattaya

webfact

I agree with all of those who wish to deny this creature Tracey bail.

In Thailand, defamation is a criminal offence, at least for now. Say you have an argument in a pub and call someone a stupid idiot. That is defamation - that is a crime for which you can be imprisoned.

It is also a tool for putting pressure on you -so be careful what you say.

For defamation of an "ordinary" person you could pay a bail of about 50,000 baht.

Remember, too, that bail can be a "business" and massively lucrative for the bail bondsmen. Remember too (before I wander into the realms of 'defamation' that some jails are also 'businesses.'

Bail is awarded to those who are not going to be a menace to society or who are not a flight risk.

I share your horror of this 'man' Tracey. this child rapist. Paedophilia is alive and well in the world. Most of it is committed by homosexual men on male children.

Which is why 'gay adoption rights' is a spine-chilling idea.

One day, perhaps because of a traffic accident, YOU may need bail. The alternative is remaining in remand prison until your case is finished.

If you are innocent - you cannot pursue evidence for your defence. If you cannot afford bail - you could spend years and years in a Thai prison and then be released as a free man.

For those of you who live in Thailand, make a point of visiting a jail or prison. On its own it is a huge warning to behave well.

Make certain you have a criminal defence lawyer and make certain they will come to visit you in jail (not prison).

If, possibly through no fault of your own, you find yourself in the horror of being put in jail - you NEED that number urgently.

My friend, I'm not quite sure what your post is intended to be, but before the pack gets at you, I would suggest a lot more research to some of your comments....................thumbsup.gif

"In Thailand, defamation is a criminal offence, at least for now"................Really, seriously, they are going to de-criminalize it?

"Most of it is committed by homosexual men on male children".................Suggest you research Paedophilia!

"Which is why 'gay adoption rights' is a spine-chilling idea.".................<deleted>

Chrisinth, I spent 11 years visiting people in jail and prison and helping where possible.

To address your points.

You ask are they going to de-criminalise Defamation. It clearly escaped your notice that a Parliamentary Commission has been studying this crime, with a view to putting it on the civil complaints list - as it is in most countries. Meanwhile we wait.

2. In those years our organisation handled every type of criminal. Including paedophiles. I noticed that over 90% of paedophiles were homosexual men raping male children. I had my wife research the matter to find that this is a very accurate average.

In Pattaya the paedophile rarely stayed longer than a day and night. Normally someone from the Gay Association came to "pay the ticket out".

This Chrisinth is not hearsay, nor second hand knowledge.

3. I see your attitude to gay adoption is <deleted>. Interesting.

Hi stoffel45, very commendable that you spent that time visiting and helping people in jail, it truly is a difficult (and stressful) occupation, well done! (Being serious about that).

Now, without flaming, trying to start arguments, or trying to take the OP off on a tangent, let me try to explain my comments in my original reply to you and my response to your replies.

Point 1 - Defamation. No, I had no idea they were trying to change it to civil, that was why I asked.

Point 2 - "Most of it is committed by homosexual men on male children". This is a truly misguided thought process, hence the reason I suggested you read up on pedophiles. Put in its simplest form they following holds true:

Homosexual - Male who enjoys sexual relationships with males

Hetrosexual - Male who enjoys sexual relationships with females

Pedophile - Person who is sexually transfixed by children

This is of course open to interpretation; if I may suggest that you read the following:

http://psychology.ucdavis.edu/rainbow/HTML/facts_molestation.html This is a pretty intense document, here is the conclusion:

"The empirical research does not show that gay or bisexual men are any more likely than heterosexual men to molest children. This is not to argue that homosexual and bisexual men never molest children. But there is no scientific basis for asserting that they are more likely than heterosexual men to do so. And, as explained above, many child molesters cannot be characterized as having an adult sexual orientation at all; they are fixated on children."

Point 3 - Gay adoption. I commented <deleted> on this as it has absolutely nothing to do with the OP! Not sure what the Interesting comment was meant to be on your behalf?

Just for the record, I am as straight as a die, boringly so, and have been married for the last 14 years living here in Thailand for the entire time. That said, I do have homosexual friends and have no problem with that at all.

Apologies to all, I felt compelled to reply to this.....................wink.png

• Like 1

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good on Mr Booty for stopping and investigating, many people would not have.

Andrew Tracey seems to be a first rate scuz-bucket. If he can't pay for it he will take it by force. bah.gif

Why is it people like himself can continually make bail and re-offend?

No matter what the offences if bail money is paid, These offences are horrendous-no bail as most posters say. It's just amazing --1 month in BKK hilton and then transferred on the next flight (if he survived the stay).

What a sh## of a person, Makes me cringe when I read things like this especially with being a Brit.

Andrew Tracey seems to be a first rate scuz-bucket. If he can't pay for it he will take it by force. bah.gif

No matter what the offences if bail money is paid, These offences are horrendous-no bail as most posters say. It's just amazing --1 month in BKK hilton and then transferred on the next flight (if he survived the stay).

What a sh## of a person, Makes me cringe when I read things like this especially with being a Brit.

Mr. Tracey seems to know his rights. You will cringe even more when you find out what his profession was back in the UK...coffee1.gif

I agree with all of those who wish to deny this creature Tracey bail.

In Thailand, defamation is a criminal offence, at least for now. Say you have an argument in a pub and call someone a stupid idiot. That is defamation - that is a crime for which you can be imprisoned.

It is also a tool for putting pressure on you -so be careful what you say.

For defamation of an "ordinary" person you could pay a bail of about 50,000 baht.

Remember, too, that bail can be a "business" and massively lucrative for the bail bondsmen. Remember too (before I wander into the realms of 'defamation' that some jails are also 'businesses.'

Bail is awarded to those who are not going to be a menace to society or who are not a flight risk.

I share your horror of this 'man' Tracey. this child rapist. Paedophilia is alive and well in the world. Most of it is committed by homosexual men on male children.

Which is why 'gay adoption rights' is a spine-chilling idea.

One day, perhaps because of a traffic accident, YOU may need bail. The alternative is remaining in remand prison until your case is finished.

If you are innocent - you cannot pursue evidence for your defence. If you cannot afford bail - you could spend years and years in a Thai prison and then be released as a free man.

For those of you who live in Thailand, make a point of visiting a jail or prison. On its own it is a huge warning to behave well.

Make certain you have a criminal defence lawyer and make certain they will come to visit you in jail (not prison).

If, possibly through no fault of your own, you find yourself in the horror of being put in jail - you NEED that number urgently.

Certainly an interesting post and I can see the points you make seem sensible. I would however question your view of gay adoption. There's no reason to suggest that gay men are any less able to control their urges than heterosexuals or that they are more likely to be paedophiles and your suggestion could in itself be termed defamatory . If you take you other point about most paedophiles being gay then gay adoption of girls should be safe.

Paedophilia and sex crimes in general are more complicated than is often portrayed. Much of the reporting in the media seems to suggest these are evil monsters which should make them easy to spot. Unfortunately many are perfectly normal apart from what are, to them at least uncontrollable urges when near children.

Before someone says castration will solve it that isn't necessarily the case. Firstly people aren't like dogs and many other animals. Humans and other higher primates react differently. Secondly sex isn't always the driving factor and often the power of control over the victim is the primary goal.

It's certainly a problem but it needs a lot of varied approaches to deal with it as the cases vary greatly from fondling to rape and murder. This particular person would seem on the evidence here at least to have problems he can't control so he should be kept in custody for everyone's safety.

It's rare that this sort of knowledge or sense is seen in discussion of this topic. Kudos.

While we'd all be horrified and enraged by the thought of people, doing these things to children and we'd like to think of them as monsters that are nothing like us in any way, the simple fact is that their sexuality, as unspeakably vile and twisted as it is, is only one aspect of who they are. Moreover, just as someone whose primary or exclusive attraction is to adult males or women isn't driven solely by sexual desire but also encompasses feelings of affection and so forth, as uncomfortable and unfathomable as it is to us, a pedophile's feelings aren't always entirely about sex.

It is not at all unlikely that you know and like a pedophile...

I agree these stories end up with a lot of ill informed ranting with a lot of it centred around castration.

It's worth pointing out that there are many men and some women who have sexual leanings towards prepubescent children of either or both sexes. This is what a paedophile is. Most won't act on this urge but some unfortunately do.

I'm not aware of any paedophiles amongst those that I know but that doesn't mean anything.

For a short time I did know Mark Hanson who is mentioned near the end of these articles.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/society/2002/may/26/childrensservices.childprotection

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/2027864.stm

He was a really nice guy who was the membership secretary for a local ferret club. He wasn't just pretending to be nice as I was with my daughter who was 20 at the time so there was nothing for him to gain. He was well known to be very supportive of children in the club which some will say was a clue but then that would condemn everyone who works with children including teachers, social workers and hospital worker in children's wards. I often take an interest in young children here in Thailand as they tend to look at me as I'm white and therefore different. I remember going to the meeting where we found out he had killed himself although we didn't at that time know why. I went to the funeral service where something he had written presumably at the time of his suicide where it mentioned he'd been in prison in Denmark some years back. This was a shock but we didn't know why he'd been there. There was even talk after the service about presenting a cup in his name to young members of the club.

I only found out when the last of the TV programmes was shown. I suspect that was the case for many who knew, or thought they knew him.

• Like 1

Money!

• 3 weeks later...

loss of ALL monies and property given to victims,

Castration with a blunt knife,

public floggings again and again,

the hardest, dirtiest, most brutal prison,

Get real!

T.I.T

Pay your tea money( a bit more than in February!) and its gound hog day again!

Perps such as this man are hauled into police stations for serious crimes, those that cannot be paid off "in situ". They demand a higher payoff. We need to remember that people are arrested in order to generate "bail money", not to punish the guilty or remove them from society. And once out in bail, the police can then have a "return customer" next time the perp gets arrested. It costs money to keep in jail, it makes money to let them out on bail. Simple economics. They cycle continues.

---------------------------------

I understand what you're saying but it is NOT a function of the police in any country to "punish" the guilty.

The police detain a person and prevent him or her from committing another crime if they feel that he or she is committing or likely to commit a crime.

It is the COURTS who determine guilt and if necessary punish the guilty.

That is a prime principle of law, and never forget it. Even in Thailand, unless their is a complaint filed against a person the police can not detain a person without a reason.

But you already knew that. didn't you.

I see that in this case, as in many others discussed here on TV, often becomes an issue that the accused is released on bail, then either quietly disappears (like the couple that enslaved and tortured a Karen girl) or goes to commit other crimes like this guy apparently did, etc.

I understand that coming from an English/Common Law system it may seem perfectly normal to have a bail system, to the point that exceptions need to be set for which crimes bail cannot be allowed.

Well it is not that normal, there is plenty of countries where there is no such thing as bail - period.

Depending on the accusation and other circumstances one may be let free until trial, or stay under house arrest, or if he/she is detained can file multiple appeals, but simply there no concept of trading money for freedom - period. Perhaps because I come from one such country, I find that a this lot fairer than the bail system, that in my opinion is prone to exploitation, arbitration, and undue business.

Just my 2c.

Edited by paz

• 11 months later...

Unfortunately his next victim might not be so lucky....with him being out on bail some young boys might go missing....is that what they're waiting for to allow no bail?

Apparently Andrew Tracy has disappeared - no surprises there.

But another paedo 'Ian Tracy' has now fabricated a 'false identity' story since they share the same surname.

Only one problem - Ian Tracy lived on the dark side and Andrew Tracy lived in Bang Saray.

• Like 1

I see that in this case, as in many others discussed here on TV, often becomes an issue that the accused is released on bail, then either quietly disappears (like the couple that enslaved and tortured a Karen girl) or goes to commit other crimes like this guy apparently did, etc.

I understand that coming from an English/Common Law system it may seem perfectly normal to have a bail system, to the point that exceptions need to be set for which crimes bail cannot be allowed.

Well it is not that normal, there is plenty of countries where there is no such thing as bail - period.

Depending on the accusation and other circumstances one may be let free until trial, or stay under house arrest, or if he/she is detained can file multiple appeals, but simply there no concept of trading money for freedom - period. Perhaps because I come from one such country, I find that a this lot fairer than the bail system, that in my opinion is prone to exploitation, arbitration, and undue business.

Just my 2c.

Andrew Tracy - released on bail and has failed to appear - gone!

Ian Tracy - now on bail, after already jumping bail once - look at the start of this thread, he was on the lam for a year

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/579639-bail-jumping-brit-re-arrested-for-child-molestation/

And now they bail him again?

Only in Thailand.

Such filth we have plonking themselves in Thailand.

The problem is that the activities of these people can tar us all with the same brush according to the Thais and also makes us extremely cautious of any other farangs we meet.

I fail to understand why Andrew Tracey after his first offence was not deported and permanently blacklisted from Thailand as an undesirable alien? Or at least held in jail without given bail until his case is taken to court.

My Booty is a courageous man for seeing this through and hoping that his property speculation business is all above board otherwise he could face unwanted attentions into his business activities here and fall under investigation himself.

I just read on FB that a young girl has also disappeared in or around Pattaya - with all the recent stories it makes me a little scared to have a family/ bring kids up in Thailand if I'm honest

Be thankful you don't live in Pattaya then.

Hey mac d what about that fake scottisch barister who set up ian tracy,very strange you post links to said fake lawyers blogspots .Is that you posting under different profiles brian.

Isn't he behind bars at the moment? Allowed the internet behind bars?

Hey mac d what about that fake scottisch barister who set up ian tracy,very strange you post links to said fake lawyers blogspots .Is that you posting under different profiles brian.

Isn't he behind bars at the moment? Allowed the internet behind bars?

No he is out on bail and apparently trolling on tv. Edited by Kudel

Baseball bat to the jumblies would have solved this problem long ago if I was in charge

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

That only shows your lack of knowledge I'm afraid. You're confusing us with dogs when we are more like the great apes in that respect so your actions wouldn't necessarily solve anything. It's also often the case that it's more to do with power than sex.

Paedophilia and similar conditions vary considerably and require differing strategies none of which involve baseball bats as far as I'm aware.

Baseball bat to the jumblies would have solved this problem long ago if I was in charge

That only shows your lack of knowledge I'm afraid. You're confusing us with dogs when we are more like the great apes in that respect so your actions wouldn't necessarily solve anything. It's also often the case that it's more to do with power than sex.

Paedophilia and similar conditions vary considerably and require differing strategies none of which involve baseball bats as far as I'm aware.

Apparantly you swing a bat in a delicate and graceful way. I do not. One swing - problem solved.

Edited by Stradavarius37

Apparantly you swing a bat in a delicate and graceful way. I do not. One swing - problem solved.

I don't swing a baseball bat . I'm assuming by 'jumblies' you referring to sexual organs (if not put me right) As for 'problem solved' I've already mentioned that but your only response is a repetition so I'm guessing that a constructive and informative reply is out of the question.

Regarding the case in question I think that there needs to be a very good reason for allowing bail and there shouldn't be any if it's thought that more offending could occur. Once it has then it's irresponsible to allow it again. Until there's a court case the suspect is innocent but children need to be protected.

Edited by kimamey

No mercy, give him to the families of the boys he attacked/molested and let them sort it.

Too many of these (alleged) pervs are on the streets best just to take them off for good i am sure no-one would miss them

I have already posted one reply but after reading a lot more posts and the arguments saying its a sickness blah blah,it affecta men and women blkah blah but there doesnt seem to be much on these posts about the rights of these kids to live a life where they are safe.

Give em to the families