I-Mobile Iqx/xa

damole

does anyone own the i-mobile IQ 5.3 that was introduced to the market just 2 months ago or so ?

I stumpled upon it incidentally and the specifications are absolutely impressive for the price. (5.7000 THB when bought online)

I had a feature-phone from i-mobile a few years ago and was quite satisfied, until I managed to be stupid enough to damage the screen.....

A friend of mine bought one. He was impressed by my IQ XA and was going to get one of those until he saw the IQ 5.3. The spec (apart from the display) is similar but it was only about two thirds of the price. He had a Galaxy Grand but dropped it and damaged the screen. He was quoted over 5000 baht for a repair and decided to put the money towards the IQ 5.3 instead.

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

As I posted in this thread previously my phone appeared to die and after waiting for the battery to drain it booted again sucessfully. At that time though it stopped being recognized by my laptop when plugged into the USB. I have since tried many combinations of cable and computer but still no luck. I'm wondering if somewhere there is a charge only setting for the USB. I can't see it anywhere and can't remember if I ever saw it on this phone. As I'm still in the UK I can't take it to a service centre and get it checked out.

Anyone seen this problem?

Sorry mate never seen it before.

Two quick thoughts. |Maybe put a post over on XDA as those guys know pretty much everything. The other if you dont have a Thai contact I am sure Mrs Para can take your phone to MBK and post it back if you need.

one of my students has one.. i had a little play with it.. it seemed smooth and certainly worth the money. I asked him if he liked it the answer was positive but he said he wanted a samsunglaugh.png

But his dad decided that at half the price this was better..... so some thais do have sense.

Sure it made financial sense for his father but his kid has lost huge amounts of face by not having the socially accepted Samsung or iPhone.........

• Like 1

does anyone own the i-mobile IQ 5.3 that was introduced to the market just 2 months ago or so ?

I stumpled upon it incidentally and the specifications are absolutely impressive for the price. (5.7000 THB when bought online)

I had a feature-phone from i-mobile a few years ago and was quite satisfied, until I managed to be stupid enough to damage the screen.....

A friend of mine bought one. He was impressed by my IQ XA and was going to get one of those until he saw the IQ 5.3. The spec (apart from the display) is similar but it was only about two thirds of the price. He had a Galaxy Grand but dropped it and damaged the screen. He was quoted over 5000 baht for a repair and decided to put the money towards the IQ 5.3 instead.

Same here but my friend got the IQX...

Sent from my i-mobile IQ XA using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

well with mine gone unfortunatley missing, i am looking for a new one, I can say that tesco onnut does not have an 8000 baht promotion as mentioned in an earlier post. what they have is an IQ XA on sale for 8750, and a sales staff who will try very hard (to the point of outright lies) to sell it to you despite your insistence that you want an IQ X.

im off to MBK, something i would have happily paid 1000 thb to avoid.

• Like 1

As I posted in this thread previously my phone appeared to die and after waiting for the battery to drain it booted again sucessfully. At that time though it stopped being recognized by my laptop when plugged into the USB. I have since tried many combinations of cable and computer but still no luck. I'm wondering if somewhere there is a charge only setting for the USB. I can't see it anywhere and can't remember if I ever saw it on this phone. As I'm still in the UK I can't take it to a service centre and get it checked out.

Anyone seen this problem?

Sorry mate never seen it before.

Two quick thoughts. |Maybe put a post over on XDA as those guys know pretty much everything. The other if you dont have a Thai contact I am sure Mrs Para can take your phone to MBK and post it back if you need.

I did check on XDA and other forums but mostly the problems were solved by changing the USB cable which I've already tried.

This morning I got the update to build 1.27 so now in sync with the IQXA but I've noticed since then, though it might be coincidence, that that my menu/home/back 'keys' no longer illuminate.

Anyway I'm buying my ticket to Thailand today so it will be just over 5 weeks until I'm back and I can visit the service centre and get everything sorted. Thanks for the offer though.

after the positive comments here I ahve really been seraching to find a store who has the IQ 5.3 in stock, but so far, no success. The only thing I found was the older IQ 5.1, which runs on 4.1 and not on 4.2, at the Paragon's department store.

Don't wanna buy online as I doubt the parcel would actually reach me.....

• Like 1

after the positive comments here I ahve really been seraching to find a store who has the IQ 5.3 in stock, but so far, no success. The only thing I found was the older IQ 5.1, which runs on 4.1 and not on 4.2, at the Paragon's department store.

Check the I-MOBILE website they show the shops. Then just call to check stock.

Sent from my i-mobile i-STYLE Q6

• Like 1

bought iqx at mbk yesterday. 7800 thb many other customers buying imobile phones in bulk.

Shop was on the 2nd? floor where you come in off skytrain. walk straight down the corridor out of the department store about 100 or so meters. shop is on the left side, it is pretty much the first mobile phone shop you see.

it has signs saying "no iphone, htc, blackberry etc. do not ask"

Shop name Teletech.

I did check i-mobile's website earlier already, but aren't those only "service-Centers" ? They usually do not sell the products, just spare parts and handle warranty issues or repairs.

At least the SAMSUNG Service Center at Silom Road does it that way......

I did check i-mobile's website earlier already, but aren't those only "service-Centers" ? They usually do not sell the products, just spare parts and handle warranty issues or repairs.

At least the SAMSUNG Service Center at Silom Road does it that way......

Nope.. most are shops as well.. but its best to call and confirm

bought iqx at mbk yesterday. 7800 thb many other customers buying imobile phones in bulk.

Shop was on the 2nd? floor where you come in off skytrain. walk straight down the corridor out of the department store about 100 or so meters. shop is on the left side, it is pretty much the first mobile phone shop you see.

Shop name Teletech.

At MBK ?

I have twice had notification of a software upgrade for my IQ XA but on both occasions the install failed so I click on the try again option but nothing happens. The build number is still 1.15 however when I search for a software update I'm told I already have the latest version. Has anybody else had similar problems?

The notifications were received about two weeks apart.

Edited by sumrit

Shop name Teletech.

At MBK ?

yes, just like it says in my post

• 2 weeks later...

Found this on XDA anyone tried it?

Download and install framaroot.

Install busybox and supersu

Run framaroot. Select supersu and Boromir. Reboot.

Run supersu. Run busy box and install normal.

Enjoy your rooted device.

FYI: I had the same problem mentioned above after firmware upgrade to 1.27, menu buttons (settings, home and back) failed to illuminate. fixed by Settings > Display> Button light 

I set it to off, them set it back to Auto, and they are back

Thanks for that, I never thought to look there. :D

Sent from my i-mobile IQ X using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Found this on XDA anyone tried it?

Download and install framaroot.

Install busybox and supersu

Run framaroot. Select supersu and Boromir. Reboot.

Run supersu. Run busy box and install normal.

Enjoy your rooted device.

Do i need a computer to do that or can i just "root" it remotely on my device?

Sent from my i-mobile IQ X3A

@revstar you need a computer.

Your signature says IQ X3A have I missed something?

Edited by Para

I had serious problems getting data to work on my IQX with Vodafone do raised a ticket with them. This was one of the replies in case anyone finds themselves in the same position......

I changed the Authentication type from NONE to PAP but it still didn’t connect. (my other voda sim handset works fine without authentication set in my other smartphone)

I then changed the 3g service from GSM/WCDMA (Auto mode) to WCDMA only.

It then connected to the 3g data network with a H for the first time with a Voda sim Yippee !!!

I then went back to the Authentication Type and changed it back to None

It still remained connected to the 3g network

I then changed the APN Protocol from IPv4 to IPv4/IPv6 it still worked. So I changed it back to IPv4.

So for other peoples benefit here is the WORKING settings for CONTRACT SIMs for use with phones that are not from these shores. When making the settings, I would recommend people make the settings and IF they are not connecting to then force the phone to into 3g mode by doing the following. 

Settings

Wireless & networks

More

Mobile Networks

3G service

Network Mode and to then change Network mode from GSM/WCDMA (Auto Mode) to WCDMA only to force the device to connect to the 3g network.

Once connected, it is probably a good idea to change it back to  GSM/WCDMA (Auto Mode) so when you are in the 20% of the country that Vodafone don’t have a 3g network it will switch back to good old snail mode.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

After using the IQX for not much more than a month, and having not added much more than half a dozen apps, found that my internal memory was down to less than 100MB and thus causing "not enough storage" messages to appear when updating certain apps. Moved over as many apps onto SD card as possible, and those that wouldn't let me, uninstalled updates to revert them to factory fitted status, but still struggling to increase memory much. Deleted all photos and videos, not that i think that helped as i believe they were stored on SD. Seems strange to have run into this issue considering the light usage the phone gets. Any suggestions?

Also, is it possible when downloading apps to choose what memory they get downloaded onto? Can't seem to see any options being given.

• Like 1

After using the IQX for not much more than a month, and having not added much more than half a dozen apps, found that my internal memory was down to less than 100MB and thus causing "not enough storage" messages to appear when updating certain apps. Moved over as many apps onto SD card as possible, and those that wouldn't let me, uninstalled updates to revert them to factory fitted status, but still struggling to increase memory much. Deleted all photos and videos, not that i think that helped as i believe they were stored on SD. Seems strange to have run into this issue considering the light usage the phone gets. Any suggestions?

Also, is it possible when downloading apps to choose what memory they get downloaded onto? Can't seem to see any options being given.

If you go into settings/storage there's an option for default write disc to either 'SD card' or 'phone storage'.

Edited by sumrit