• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Firmware updates are developed, generally at quite considerable expense, to:

1) Add, improve or stabilise functionality

2) Improve performance

3) Maintain pace with industry developments so that the phones will continue to work with what gets produced for them

4) Improve security

Whether these things are important to the individual is a matter of personal preference but to state that they are "ridiculous" and "marketing <deleted>" is somewhat naive IMO. If given the option to buy two phones at roughly the same price point I would generally choose the one that did (or at least was more likely to) receive updates over one that wouldn't. The headline change-log alone shows that differences and improvements made over Android 4 to 4.4 are considerable. A device that received 1, 2 or even 3 updates IMO is a better proposition than one they gets stuck with what you buy it with. YMMV.

Edited by Pick of Penang

Damole, do these screen shots give you any insight to my problem?

Sent from my i-mobile IQ XA using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

After getting my phone repaired a month ago I noticed that I had more internal memory and the software version (Build number) had changed to 1.34.

I have another friend who I recommended to buy an IQX and his had an earlier build than mine even though he bought it less than two weeks ago and he went back and asked them to update the software and now he has 1.36

Until recently the i-mobile website was showing the software version for the IQX/XA as 1.31, it's the number below the Mediatek logo, so I am planning to take mine to the i-mobile shop here in CM soon and get my software updated to the current 1.36.

After getting my phone repaired a month ago I noticed that I had more internal memory and the software version (Build number) had changed to 1.34.

I have another friend who I recommended to buy an IQX and his had an earlier build than mine even though he bought it less than two weeks ago and he went back and asked them to update the software and now he has 1.36

Until recently the i-mobile website was showing the software version for the IQX/XA as 1.31, it's the number below the Mediatek logo, so I am planning to take mine to the i-mobile shop here in CM soon and get my software updated to the current 1.36.

Just had mine updated to 1.36.

Have more internal memory than when i first bought the phone, and when i had it reset a few weeks ago. About 1GB. So that is a good thing. What does still worry me however, is that a couple of times, when i have deleted the cache from an App, my internal memory has shown a reduction in the internal memory by the size of the cache, rather than an increase as it should do. This is what was happening before, and this is what gradually over a course of weeks, as cache was deleted, took me to the point where no internal memory was left.

This need to go into iMobile service centres to get firmware updated seems a bit high-maintenance IMHO, bit of a turn-off sad.png

I think it's only a "need" if you have an issue with the phone. Most people don't seem to.

Even though i do have an issue with the phone, i still think it's a great machine and superb value for money. No regrets on the purchase.

• Like 1

when i have deleted the cache from an App, my internal memory has shown a reduction in the internal memory by the size of the cache, rather than an increase as it should do.

Are you using Android's own manage apps, maybe you could try ES Task Manager instead, just to see. Does it happen to all apps? Can you then use the app again, delete the cache and does the same thing happen i.e. is it repeatable?

Sent from my i-mobile IQ X using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Just got my phone updated, now I'm on build 1.37. Only thing I've noticed so far it's Bluetooth tethering which I don't remember being there before.

I still can't get my phone to be recognized by ADB. Do you have a link to the files?

ADB Driver : http://adbdriver.com/downloads/

u do like in the video and everything should be fine smile.png

Install CWM and root Instruction.

1. Install Driver MT6589<Need Media tek Preloader USB VCOM Port showed in Device manager to next step>

2. Download SP_Flash_Tool and CWM 6.0.3.0.img

3. Run SP. then choose scatter file <MT6589_Android_scatter_emmc.t

xt> <set option ->with battery in,force to hight speed>

4. Choose RECOVERY.img <is CWM 6.0.3.0.img>

5. Push Download on SP. <Your phone are turn off and checked debug on usb>

6. Plug in USB on phone

7. Sp. working around 5-10 sec.

8. Unplug USB then wait 5 sec.

9. Get in CWM <Power+V.up>

10. CWM are show and choose Reboot>Go Back,disable recovery

11. Complete

Root.

1. copy sekijikung.rootIQX.zip to your device

2. boot to CWM

3. choose install zip from sdcard

4. choose sekijikung.rootIQX.zip on your device then wait <around 5 sec>

5. finish

MT6589 drivers.zip

https://www.facebook.com/groups/138327913028300/142188915975533/

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

++++++++++++++

SP_Flash_Tool_v3.1308.0.125 +CWlM 6.0.3.0.7z

https://www.facebook.com/download/401238989986011/SP_Flash_Tool_v3.1308.0.125%20%2BCWM%206.0.3.0.7z

++++++++++++++

MT6589_Android_scatter_emmc.tx

t

https://www.facebook.com/download/220672064746487/MT6589_Android_scatter_emmc.txt

++++++++++++++

sekijikung.rootIQX.zip

https://www.facebook.com/download/212375995581303/sekijikung.rootIQX.zip

smile.png

[Custom Rom]

[CWM]

[Camera]

now, u have everything u need for unlock the device, the first link are the files u need like the videos

Edited by tonysamui
  • Like 1

My IQX is dead the battery pancaked at the weekend. sad.png

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I'm glad i didn't buy it....biggrin.png

If its still in warranty you can send it to me and i will take it into the i-mobile service center for you.. thats presuming your still in the UK.

My IQX is dead the battery pancaked at the weekend. Posted Image

I'm glad i didn't buy it....Posted Image

If its still in warranty you can send it to me and i will take it into the i-mobile service center for you.. thats presuming your still in the UK.

Lol!

Thanks for the offer much appreciated.

Are you sure it is dead? I thought mine was but waited until the battery was discharged and then it was ok. It had just hung in a way that needed a battery removal it waiting until the battery was dead.

Thanks for posting all this details. Hopefully I'll have time to look at it this weekend.

cheers

damole

Dear "damole" or other users...

My english is Bad but I'll try my best- hope you understand... I'm looking for the iq mobile 9.2 or 9.2a but the problem is that I'm from germany-berlin. Can't find any page at "www" to buy this phone... I'll give it to my daughter at christmas, it would be so great if you can help me...

Greets, Tammy

• Like 1

A few weeks ago whilst I was still in the UK I bought a cheap, £1.50 SIM card cutter from EBay. I decided that as I have quite a few SIMs that it would be good to make them all micro sized and then use adaptors for putting them in full size slots. The trouble came because the cutter doesn't quite cut them exactly to size and it also leaves a bit of plastic from the SIM which is above the normal depth of the SIM. As the micro SIM is quite small it's is difficult to file or shave the extra bits off with a craft knife. Anyway I put one of the SIMS in the main full size SIM slot using an adaptor but when I tried to get it out because the SIM and adaptor weren't flush I managed to break off one of the SIM contact pins and rendered that SIM slot useless. The micro SIM slot has the clasp that opens to put the SIM in which I think is a much better design than the full size slot which on my phone is quite tight this means I will have to be very careful as I move countries and need to change the SIM in this slot. Still at this point I was happy that the micro SIM slot worked and that it also supported 3G data.

Now as I mentioned previously in this thread I hadn't been able to get the USB to work with a PC even though I could use it to charge.

Since getting back to Chiang Mai last week I took the phone to the i-mobile service centre in Airport Plaza and they said two days to fix it, I got a text from them in one and picked up my phone. They showed me the SIM slot working and assured me the USB was fine too. I got it home and it worked as it should. All in all a good experience and another tick in the i-mobile column.

I'd also experienced the problem of not having enough memory for all my apps but after a reset trying to fix my USB problem I found I had more space for apps than before, it could be because of one of the firmware updates I'd previously received or the way Android versions below 4.3 don't free up all the memory when removing apps. This time after getting the phone back from i-Mobile my firmware had been updated to 1.34 and I'm almost certain I have more memory than before. It seems they might have changed the partitions in this latest update so I'm attaching a photo from Titanium Backup. If someone on an earlier version could post theirs we can see if this is true.

Edited by ittipol

A few weeks ago whilst I was still in the UK I bought a cheap, £1.50 SIM card cutter from EBay. I decided that as I have quite a few SIMs that it would be good to make them all micro sized and then use adaptors for putting them in full size slots. The trouble came because the cutter doesn't quite cut them exactly to size and it also leaves a bit of plastic from the SIM which is above the normal depth of the SIM. As the micro SIM is quite small it's is difficult to file or shave the extra bits off with a craft knife. Anyway I put one of the SIMS in the main full size SIM slot using an adaptor but when I tried to get it out because the SIM and adaptor weren't flush I managed to break off one of the SIM contact pins and rendered that SIM slot useless. The micro SIM slot has the clasp that opens to put the SIM in which I think is a much better design than the full size slot which on my phone is quite tight this means I will have to be very careful as I move countries and need to change the SIM in this slot. Still at this point I was happy that the micro SIM slot worked and that it also supported 3G data.

Now as I mentioned previously in this thread I hadn't been able to get the USB to work with a PC even though I could use it to charge.

Since getting back to Chiang Mai last week I took the phone to the i-mobile service centre in Airport Plaza and they said two days to fix it, I got a text from them in one and picked up my phone. They showed me the SIM slot working and assured me the USB was fine too. I got it home and it worked as it should. All in all a good experience and another tick in the i-mobile column.

I'd also experienced the problem of not having enough memory for all my apps but after a reset trying to fix my USB problem I found I had more space for apps than before, it could be because of one of the firmware updates I'd previously received or the way Android versions below 4.3 don't free up all the memory when removing apps. This time after getting the phone back from i-Mobile my firmware had been updated to 1.34 and I'm almost certain I have more memory than before. It seems they might have changed the partitions in this latest update so I'm attaching a photo from Titanium Backup. If someone on an earlier version could post theirs we can see if this is true.

• 3 weeks later...

I know that, if the IQ X(A) 'locks up' and won't come out of standby/start by pressing the power key, the phone can be rebooted by simultaneously pressing and holding the power and volume down button for several seconds. But does anybody know if pressing a combination of the power and volume keys can be used for other functions?

I ask because every time I ask my wife to check something (say a missed call) on my phone while I'm driving she can't bring it out of standby and the phone ends up in the 'locked mode' and I have to go through the power/vol down process to reboot it. She insists she is only pressing the power key though.

It never happens when I use the phone so I suspect she's 'accidentally' pressing one of the volume buttons at the same time or maybe pressing the power key for too long. I don't want just experiment by pressing various button combinations just in case I end up putting the phone into some other mode by doing so.

Thanks for posting all this details. Hopefully I'll have time to look at it this weekend.

cheers

damole

Dear "damole" or other users...

My english is Bad but I'll try my best- hope you understand... I'm looking for the iq mobile 9.2 or 9.2a but the problem is that I'm from germany-berlin. Can't find any page at "www" to buy this phone... I'll give it to my daughter at christmas, it would be so great if you can help me...

Greets, Tammy

Have you found ? When I was abroad I bought from Bangkok personal shopper:

http://www.personal-shopper-bangkok.com

• 3 weeks later...

i finally bought the iqxa...... for 7600b with free case, screen guard, 2 sim card : 3gx and true mobile, and 800 free voucher to spend at big c

anyway,,,, for the people who still want to root and install cmw in the device, i find the easy and painless way to do it :

first, dwl this apk : framaroot : https://www.facebook.com/groups/www.imobileiqxultimateusers/183531045174653/ ,if u dont have fb or dont see the link, theres is another one : http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2130276

once u dwl this app, u open, u choose install supersu and choose the first name, after 2sec u will have the msg : rooted,reboot ur device.... reboot ur device and voila, ur device is rooted ! : http://droidsans.com/node/141516

step 2 : cmw, first dwl from the play store : Mobile Uncle Tools : https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mobileuncle.toolbox&hl=th , and dwl the recovery img : https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B0Ayx0vkowzMOGtiUEFQZ29ycGc/edit

u have to put the recovery img in ur sd card, after that open mobile uncle tools, and clik update recovery, choose the first file that u see in path sd card, clik yes in msg, and few sec later voila, done : http://meandmicromaxcanvas2.blogspot.com/2013/06/how-to-install-cwm-on-micromax-a110.html

:)

This need to go into iMobile service centres to get firmware updated seems a bit high-maintenance IMHO, bit of a turn-off sad.png

I think it's only a "need" if you have an issue with the phone. Most people don't seem to.

Even though i do have an issue with the phone, i still think it's a great machine and superb value for money. No regrets on the purchase.

Agreed, Pick of Penang. I've had my IQX3 for a week now and I'm more than happy. You certainly don't need to go into an i-mobile store for a firmware update.

Under Settings there's a icon for Software Update. After unpacking my phone I pressed it and it updated to the latest firmware.

I didn't manage to root it yet as I still can't get ADB to work even since I clean installed Windows 7 on my laptop which I thought might be the problem.

I just joined i-mobile IQ X(A) Ultimate Users Facebook group

https://www.facebook.com/groups/138327913028300/

which is all in Thai but even if you can't read Thai you will still see what's going on from the photos or English headings. JB 4.3, stock ROM for one.

--damole

I joined as well to get hold of those files. I managed to root my phone with Framaroot but never managed to get the USB connection working with Win7. I tried connecting it to my Linux Mint laptop (a long shot that it would work) and it worked first time.

Have you received any Android update on your IQ X ? I don't really care but a friend is asking before buying one.

No, it's still on Android 4.2.2 (Jelly Bean) but I think i-mobile may push out updates as they seem quite determined to get some of the Samsung market share.

When some of my friends who own Samsung phones have had a look at it they now want to swap to i-mobile.

No, it's still on Android 4.2.2 (Jelly Bean) but I think i-mobile may push out updates as they seem quite determined to get some of the Samsung market share.

Do not keep your hopes up too much for any android updates. If you want a newer version, you may have to get a new model ;-)

In my opinion android 4.2 is already well done and I am not missing anything from 4.3 or 4.4

• Like 1