How Long Before Online Campaigns Will Spill On To The Streets?

webfact

this govt will be in trouble soon with a stupid tax on taxis and food sellers as well as privatizing Bangkok universities... what a failed revolution for the gullible people in Isaan

Edited by losworld
  • Like 1

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

this govt will be in trouble soon with a stupid tax on taxis and food sellers as well as privatizing Bangkok universities... what a failed revolution for the gullible people in Isaan

What revolution? PTP won the general election by a landslide, they will be judged on their success or otherwise at the next general election. The Thai people should be able to decide at the ballot box.

Edited by PREM-R
  • Like 1

"Recently, a new front in the online attacks was opened when Kaewsan Atibodhi, formerly of the Assets Examination Committee..." Wow that AEC was a really unbiased lot weren't they!!

Just like the DSI now you mean?

What revolution?  PTP won the general election by a landslide, they will be judged on their success or otherwise at the next general election.  The Thai people should be able to decide at the ballot box.
Just winning the election does not make a government good.

Government should be by the people for the people.

Not buy the people for one person :blink:

Sent from my i-mobile i-STYLE Q6

• Like 1

What revolution? PTP won the general election by a landslide, they will be judged on their success or otherwise at the next general election. The Thai people should be able to decide at the ballot box.

Agree that all people should have the right to vote in a democratic, legal and fair election.

However, go and check the details of the last election. See what % of the people voted and what % of those votes were for PTP. Then see if you think the word "landslide" is appropriate.

I know a number of Thai friends who voted for PTP because they were pissed at the dems and hiso's. Unfortunately, they're now equally pissed at seeing what they got ain't what they thought they were getting.

Always a danger of this 'spilling on to the streets' because the party supported by the 'Educated Middle Class' (democrats) have been rejected at the ballot box for decades, the only way that they can seize power is to cause disruption on the streets and hope that the army will move in.

Do you really believe that PTP are the party of the people and support democracy, transparency, fairness, honesty and rule of law?

Getting elected, by whatever means, is one thing. Behaviour in government is something different.

Agree that all people should have the right to vote in a democratic, legal and fair election.

However, go and check the details of the last election. See what % of the people voted and what % of those votes were for PTP. Then see if you think the word "landslide" is appropriate.

I know a number of Thai friends who voted for PTP because they were pissed at the dems and hiso's. Unfortunately, they're now equally pissed at seeing what they got ain't what they thought they were getting.

2011 election - There was a turnout of 75.03% PTP won a majority with 265 of the 500 available seats.

If your friends who voted PTP are "pissed" then they will have an opportunity to sober up at the next election and vote for another party, if they so wish

Edited by PREM-R

Always a danger of this 'spilling on to the streets' because the party supported by the 'Educated Middle Class' (democrats) have been rejected at the ballot box for decades, the only way that they can seize power is to cause disruption on the streets and hope that the army will move in.

Do you really believe that PTP are the party of the people and support democracy, transparency, fairness, honesty and rule of law?

Getting elected, by whatever means, is one thing. Behaviour in government is something different.

And the people of Thailand should be able to change their mind at the next election and vote for someone else, but do you really believe that PTP will lose at the next election?

"PTP won the general election by a landslide." 47%

I believe it was 48.41% to 35.15% for the dems. Having a majority of the seats in the house also meant that they did not need to form a coalition, the fact that they did invite other parties to join them was perhaps because it is wise to "keep your friends close and your enemies closer"

"PTP won the general election by a landslide." 47%

I believe it was 48.41% to 35.15% for the dems. Having a majority of the seats in the house also meant that they did not need to form a coalition, the fact that they did invite other parties to join them was perhaps because it is wise to "keep your friends close and your enemies closer"

Actually, they need the coalition because Ministers can't vote on some legislation in parliament. The coalition is required to give them a majority without the Ministers.

As reluctant guests in this country,I was wondering if any Farang that

posts criticisms of the Government,PM, Mr.T, which I have done myself,

have any fear of repercussions,or just hope that anyone in power does

not come on to ThaiVisa.

Regards Worgeordie

Oh man I am screwed now......Can I beg TV to delete my endless posts making fun of the corrupt useless government ? Maybe Laos is in my future.. :-)

Seriously, it would be great if there was a sort of real people's revolution against the absurd status quo government. Not talking about red buffaloes being led by Thaksin, but real discontent being voiced by real Thai people at street level.

The Dems were in the street protesting? Oh yeah I remember all the disruption in the streets, the mob incitement to go to Bangkok with the Molotov's to burn it, the storming of a hospital, the attack on and murder of Army personnel etc, etc. Oh wait they were dressed in Red thou and had the back Black Ronan hit men all brought and paid for by the Dubai fugitive criminal.

Again the Dems did not have the Army seize power for them. There were two Dubai criminal's failed parties in there before the Dems gained power with the same knitted together bunch of Thailand's best corrupt bands of scum bag politicians that the Pheu Thai mafia families have also knitted together to get their 47% party vote over the 50% majority.

But hey if you want to follow the Thaksin bull crap line thats your choice. But don't expect people with part of a functional brain to accept your bullsh!t.

• Like 2

These under 50% 'landslides' are always amusing.

Some seem to think that it's ok for the one side to protest, riot, intimidate & kill, all for the sake of some warped sense of democracy - red/Thaksin style.

But if any one were to take to the streets peacefully to demonstrate their constitutional right to oppose the current lot, it's some sort of treasonous conduct.

Hypocrisy.

As reluctant guests in this country,I was wondering if any Farang that

posts criticisms of the Government,PM, Mr.T, which I have done myself,

have any fear of repercussions,or just hope that anyone in power does

not come on to ThaiVisa.

Regards Worgeordie

I am shocked that ThaiVisa wii permit this forum it should be closed down as anti Government

Great how the PT and red supporters come out and attempt to rubbish anything that might look like it could damage the Govt and their beloved crim in self imposed exile in Dubai.

Cant you see that there is already growing opposition to what this lot is doing, on this page alone we have :

Conditions For The Poor Get Worse In Thailand

Thai Public Health Ministry Bans Officials From Joining Rally

Pig Farmers In Thailand Up In Arms Over U S Pressure

Look back and you will see on every page there are stories of groups like Thai Spring protesting about something.

Go back and read these stories and see the Govts reaction of threats, intimidation and if that doesn't work the reds will be there to 'ensure security'

Then there are the stories in other media that don't get into these pages like the relations of the reds killed in Thaksins riots who never got the 7.whetever million they were promised.

The Govt can no longer manipulate news over their own radio and TV stations and loudspeakers in the Moo Baans the internet and social media are powerful tools or weapons, whichever way you look at it that get the truth out to an increasing number of people.

P T are on the way down and they know it even if their supporters on here don't.

"Recently, a new front in the online attacks was opened when Kaewsan Atibodhi, formerly of the Assets Examination Committee..." Wow that AEC was a really unbiased lot weren't they!!

Were they biased? Why do you say that?

The Dems were in the street protesting? Oh yeah I remember all the disruption in the streets, the mob incitement to go to Bangkok with the Molotov's to burn it, the storming of a hospital, the attack on and murder of Army personnel etc, etc. Oh wait they were dressed in Red thou and had the back Black Ronan hit men all brought and paid for by the Dubai fugitive criminal.

Again the Dems did not have the Army seize power for them. There were two Dubai criminal's failed parties in there before the Dems gained power with the same knitted together bunch of Thailand's best corrupt bands of scum bag politicians that the Pheu Thai mafia families have also knitted together to get their 47% party vote over the 50% majority.

But hey if you want to follow the Thaksin bull crap line thats your choice. But don't expect people with part of a functional brain to accept your bullsh!t.

"The Dems were in the street protesting?"

Perhaps you have not been here very long or have a selective memory but don't you remember the blockade of government house or the invasion of the airports in Bangkok.

The Dems were in the street protesting? Oh yeah I remember all the disruption in the streets, the mob incitement to go to Bangkok with the Molotov's to burn it, the storming of a hospital, the attack on and murder of Army personnel etc, etc. Oh wait they were dressed in Red thou and had the back Black Ronan hit men all brought and paid for by the Dubai fugitive criminal.

Again the Dems did not have the Army seize power for them. There were two Dubai criminal's failed  parties in there before the Dems gained power with the same knitted together bunch of Thailand's best corrupt bands of scum bag politicians that the Pheu Thai mafia families have also knitted together to get their 47% party vote over the 50% majority.  

But hey if you want to follow the Thaksin bull crap line thats your choice. But don't expect people with part of a functional brain to accept your bullsh!t.  

"The Dems were in the street protesting?"

Perhaps you have not been here very long or have a selective memory but don't you remember the blockade of government house or the invasion of the airports in Bangkok.

Yep I remember the yellow shirts doing that BUT as far as I'm aware there was only one Democrat Mp (foreign minister) that actually went to the rallies. Oh he was also an arse.

Yep I remember the yellow shirts doing that BUT as far as I'm aware there was only one Democrat Mp (foreign minister) that actually went to the rallies. Oh he was also an arse.

You consider what happened in Bangkok at that time to be 'rallies'

The Guardian

Wednesday 26 November 2008

International flights to and from Thailand's main airport were halted

last night after rampaging anti-government protesters surged through

police cordons and stormed the sprawling terminal.

The airports' authority said it had no choice but to close Bangkok's Suvarnabhumi

airport as the yellow-shirted protesters carrying iron bars smashed

doors and roamed the concourses.

The demonstrators from the People's Alliance for Democracy (PAD), which is dedicated to bringing down the prime minister, caused mayhem across Bangkok as they fired on

government supporters and left 11 injured, one critically.

Edited by PREM-R

The Guardian Wednesday 26 November 2008

The airports' authority said it had no choice but to close Bangkok's Suvarnabhumi

The demonstrators from the People's Alliance for Democracy (PAD), which is dedicated to bringing down the prime minister, caused mayhem across Bangkok as they fired on

Can you provide one picture of the yellows smashing doors!

Also one thai report about shootings which left 11 injured!

As far as I can remember one of the reasons it was so easy for the yellows to protest at the airport was the initial lack of police there.

Formerly is says, just as Nathawut was a former Red Shirt leader who told his followers to burn down the country.

And HE now enjoys immunity AND a powerful position in the government of PT.

>The Guardian

They carried bars and smashed doors. WHOOOAAAW. Thugs!! coffee1.gif

As far as I can remember one of the reasons it was so easy for the yellows to protest at the airport was the initial lack of police there.

Click on the link to the Manchester Guardian in my original post for the full story. Maybe you will not believe what is printed in a UK 'rag',only the articles provided by that paragon of professional journalism "The Nation".

>The Guardian

government supporters and left 11 injured, one critically

rong>.

They carried bars and smashed doors. WHOOOAAAW. Thugs!! coffee1.gif

"they fired on

government supporters and left 11 injured, one critically."

WHOOOAAAW. Terrorists!! coffee1.gif

Click on the link to the Manchester Guardian in my original post for the full story.  Maybe you will not believe what is printed in a UK 'rag',only the articles provided by that paragon of professional journalism "The Nation".

Yep clicked on that. Watched the video NO pictures of smashed windows. But interesting info about a pro government group ambushing

The yellows and the fact that they also lobbed a grenade at the yellows. Other than that pictures of people sitting or standing around.