Foreigner Robs Bangkok Suburban Bank

webfact

Foreigner Robs Bangkok Suburban Bank

bank.jpg

bank2.jpg
(photographs courtesy of Facebook.com)

NONTHABURI: -- Staff in a Nonthaburi bank reported an armed robbery by a foreign man who escaped with over 300,000 Baht on Wednesday.

Described as “European” in appearance, the bank robber queued patiently in the Bangkok Bank in Tesco Lotus, before presenting the cashier with a note, in “semi” English, which told them that he had both a gun and knife and demanded that they give him the money and remain silent , as his getaway driver, on a motorbike, waited for him outside

Thought to be between 35 and 50 and wearing dark sunglasses to avoid instant recognition the man dressed in a blue shirt and denim trousers and put the money in a large bag before leaving hastily and riding away on the back of the waiting bike. [more...]

Full story: http://www.pattaya103.com/foreigner-robs-bangkok-suburban-bank/

pattaya_103_fm.png
--Pattaya 103 FM 2013-05-30

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The missing German has turned up then.

My thoughts also. We may be wrong but there is a least one farang armed robber on the loose in desparate need of cash. If it is the German guy and only if he won't have to worry about being sent to Germany if he is caught.

The german guy is only 25 tho.

Edited by chooka
  • Like 2

The missing German has turned up then.

My thoughts also. We may be wrong but there is a least one farang armed robber on the loose in desparate need of cash. If it is the German guy and only if he won't have to worry about being sent to Germany if he is caught.

The german guy is only 25 tho.

Yes, but only Thais look younger than their age. Most foreigners appear at least 10 years older.

• Like 2

Surely their is cctv, why don't the BIB release pictures of the suspect for the press to print on the Thursday?. In all fairness other news sources may have pictures but with pictures it's highly likely they will have Western friends, or better still for the BIB Western enemies.

• Like 2

Described as “European” in appearance

Ok, so that narrow's it down to a billion or so, but in reality, given the source, it could be anyone (including E.T.) outside of Muang Thai. lol.

Anyway, so what's that make it; farang: 3 (give or take 1), Thai: 650,000 (give or take a million). whistling.gif

Good old IN Channel have announced the robber was a " non-Thai of European descent " so they have moved from saying he was European looking to establishing his lineage. They also showed footage from the bank's CCTV which wasn't too clear so I better not comment on how his skin colour looked to me. He escaped on a motorcycle but the nationality of the getaway rider is unknown according to police.

Another baffling case for the BIB.

• Like 1

Why not just say he had a gun,saying he also had a knife would be confusing!,

He was lucky to get away with it, as not too well planned, he would have been

standing there like a dick if the bank clerk could not read English.

regards Worgeordie

• Like 2

I hAVe guN

And KNiFe

Fill The bAg

with MONey

QuieTLy

Mixing upper and lowercase letters - these words are most likely not written by a native English speaker/writer.

I'm not too sure, I have started forensically checking posts made by TV posters - writing looks familiar to me!!! LOL
  • Like 2

Surely their is cctv, why don't the BIB release pictures of the suspect for the press to print on the Thursday?. In all fairness other news sources may have pictures but with pictures it's highly likely they will have Western friends, or better still for the BIB Western enemies.

There is CCTV footage which has been shown on TV but it's not too clear. The suspect has a cap on and kept his head down but it could be enough for someone who knows or thinks he / she knows him.

• Like 1

Without jumping to conclusions and being overly critical I wonder about the " European " looking claim as Thais aren't noted for being worldly wise and the " semi English " comment is good given the general standard, or lack thereof, of supposedly English speaking Thais.

The news leaps on the opportunity to discover "semi" English whatever that means. It give Thais a chance to beat up on anyone perceived to be lower than themselves in English skills.

• Like 1

If it is not the German drug trafficker then we may all have a good laugh when it turns out to be an Australian or a North American. coffee1.gif

I think thais believe the world exists only of Europe where farangs come from and Asia where the rest come from. Have a Thai friend who actually thought that America and Australia were in Europe.

----------------

Like some people in London who actually believe that there are "British" and "Europeans" who live on different continents.

• Like 1

If it is not the German drug trafficker then we may all have a good laugh when it turns out to be an Australian or a North American. coffee1.gif

I think thais believe the world exists only of Europe where farangs come from and Asia where the rest come from. Have a Thai friend who actually thought that America and Australia were in Europe.

you mean they aren't?....blink.png

• Like 1

you mean they aren't?....blink.png

Oh no. Don't tell me you have just booked a European ski holiday with Somchia Travel and your staying at the Hyatt Miami.smile.png

Edited by chooka