What Computer And Where To Buy

pompeylad

TukCom, but insist that they install an original windows version. Preferably just buy one yourself (many shops have the original microsoft boxes which includes dvd and holographic license sticker).

Then make sure they actually use your dvd to install windows, and they do not load your computer with a lot of crap (viruses, and worse keyloggers etc) coming from their external hard drives.

The only things they should use are your windows dvd and the driver dvd's coming with the hardware you bought.

For your needs a very basic pc will do, maybe splash a bit extra on a nice screen.

Sent from my B1-A71 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Watana IT, Central Pattaya Road opposite Foodland is an aut. HP seller/repair shop.

Bought my HP desk top PC there 2 years ago, a bit more expensive than Tuk.Com but worth it.

Edited by guzzi850m2
  • Like 1

Avoid Tuk.Com..............too many copies to be wary of

I think you have to be careful at Tukcom but if you go to one of the main retailers there, like Wattana, they are OK. I noticed yesterday they were selling an i3 Samsung with 4gb ram for 12,900 baht. I bought a Samsung RV418 from Wattana there and it's been great (with copy windows).

For something like that spec I would just buy a cheapie SVOA PC from Tesco or Big C.

Had a couple of bad experiences with SVOA, both times broke down and had to wait two months for repair on one occasion, then it only lasted a week before becoming kaput again. Gave it away and stayed clear since.

Tukcom top floor. Get any laptop with either Linux or windows preinstalled. Will do the trick for what you're up to.

Alternatively get a Samsung rabbit.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Avoid Tuk.Com..............too many copies to be wary of

I think you have to be careful at Tukcom but if you go to one of the main retailers there, like Wattana, they are OK. I noticed yesterday they were selling an i3 Samsung with 4gb ram for 12,900 baht. I bought a Samsung RV418 from Wattana there and it's been great (with copy windows).

+1 WATTANA

opposite foodland

more relaxed browsing

same prices

bigger selection