Best Approach For Buying Return Tickets Bangkok-London

Check both qatar and Etihad websites. When i looked a few weeks back one of those two was offering that package for a under 28,000 baht

24000 for me to Brussels and......0

I don't understand all responses with in mybopinion high prices!

I never pay more then about 32000 baht, last 2 24000 to brussels with Etihad and 18000 to Istanbul with Gulf with a nice 2-3 day stopover (Istanbul is interesting), a cheap pegasus ticket to NW Europe.

Just subscribe toe news letters of airlines, farecompare, thaifly, trivago and some others well before the flying date (+ 2 months).

Other tip:

Recent experience: both with Thai airways BKK-BRU 58000; SGN (Saigon) -BRU 31000 (plus BKK-SGN with vietjetair 1500) with 2 possible stopovers in BKK.

Note: They don't want to spoil there homemarket!!!

For London it would be th same picture!

Success,

harry

A quick search on ebookers revealed Sri Lankan for £654.85 or Qatar for 685.25.

I would take Qatar at that price.

Edit: Using 15th of each month as an example.

I have travelled Qatar many, many times and have nothing but praise for them. Excellent Cabin Staff, meals very passable, cabin and toilet areas clean, to top it off two free G+Ts and mini bottle of red wine - slept all he way!!thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

AirIndia should be ok for her from BKK, problem with Air India for me is the short stop over leaves too early for me as I am going from Phuket. Eva Air has some great timed flights from BKK arriving early eve in LHR. I think the only direct flights that arrive early eve are Thai and Eva. Also on Eva you can change the date on the return ticket for free, Thai it is 5000B. Having flown Thai in the past, their website is terrible with multicity and their prices are way too high and last time I flew with them to LHR the seat had so many stains on it and it was filthy. BA are quite cheap if she does not mind getting into LHR as the sparrows start signing, grrr I hate those sunrise arrivals.

I have travelled Qatar many, many times and have nothing but praise for them. Excellent Cabin Staff, meals very passable, cabin and toilet areas clean, to top it off two free G+Ts and mini bottle of red wine - slept all he way!!:thumbsup:

Sorted my son. Ask for a G+T on china southern and they look at you like you are ...

I hate the Qatar site as it tell you "Total Price" only to shock you on the next page with the taxes making it almost double.

Book Qatar on ebookers and you can't go wrong. About 685 GBP as Smokie said.

try west east travel always found them very good

I don't know why people are suggesting this.

The company only offer flights FROM the UK or Ireland return. Not the other way.

I booked my wife's BKK-LHR ticket through WestEast.

You can't book BKK-LHR on their website but you can if you phone.

I hope this clarifies.

I have used Turkish Airlines and Quatar Airlines , the former has a stop in Ankara , the second in Doha , the best price I have seen lately was with a Russian airline perhaps Aeroflot(sp) , with one stop in Moscow . Doha was a very quick change . Flying fro Thailand , I find flights at " Bucket Shops " advertised in the Bangkok Post Newspaper . I had a very reasonable price for my wife and I to fly to San Francisco for my son's wedding withe EVA , one stop in Taiwan .

Be careful using a credit card to pay for someone else to travel. They have a rule that the credit card /holder is present at check in. I had to go to Eva offices in London with a form filled out and show myself and card passport etc to get around this.

They may not always enforce it, but you can bet your bottom dollar they day they do, it will be your other half stranded at bkk airport

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Be careful using a credit card to pay for someone else to travel. They have a rule that the credit card /holder is present at check in. I had to go to Eva offices in London with a form filled out and show myself and card passport etc to get around this.

They may not always enforce it, but you can bet your bottom dollar they day they do, it will be your other half stranded at bkk airport

Indeed. Though, when I booked with WestEast they sorted this out for me and my wife subsequently had no problem at Swampy.

Indeed.  Though, when I booked with WestEast they sorted this out for me and my wife subsequently had no problem at Swampy.

Maybe it is the best plan to use an agent. I booked direct on Eva site to save a few pounds ended up driving into London to visit their offices with required forms. No option to do it online.

If she's flying alone & not a frequent traveller don't even think about buying a waypoint flight, especially if her English isn't good, send her TG they are far from the cheapest (BA were last time I checked the direct flights) book with an agent & pay cash, if you pay with a CC most (if not all) Airlines insist the cardholder has to be one of the passengers.

very difficult to get the best deals for bkk-lhr when your in the UK ,for a flight advertised at 37k B on BAs website increased to 48k when i called them as i would not accept my payment on-line for some reason , eventually the wife used a travel agent in thailand and payed 38k for a BA direct flight , 500b more than the thai website price , so better to buy from that side imo.

• Like 1

try west east travel always found them very good

I don't know why people are suggesting this.

The company only offer flights FROM the UK or Ireland return. Not the other way.

I booked my wife's BKK-LHR ticket through WestEast.

You can't book BKK-LHR on their website but you can if you phone.

I hope this clarifies.

Hello

When was this please ?

A one way or return ?

I like West East and have used them many a time, LON - BKK.

When I asked about 2 years ago for a flight originating BKK to LON,on the phone, they said they could not do that.

Maybe I got a staff member who couldn`t be bothered, not sure.

I`m not doubting, just curious as I`d happily use them again ex BKK.

Thank You.smile.png

Be careful using a credit card to pay for someone else to travel. They have a rule that the credit card /holder is present at check in. I had to go to Eva offices in London with a form filled out and show myself and card passport etc to get around this.They may not always enforce it, but you can bet your bottom dollar they day they do, it will be your other half stranded at bkk airportSent from my Galaxy Nexus using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Ebookers website gets round this issue. Not a problem.

Who's flying, whose paying?

Simples.

• Like 1

I used to have to present the card if I arranged for a flight over the telephone and picked the ticket up at the airport.

Since etickets, I have never been asked to show my card.

Best to check the terms and conditions as you are right, this could be a problem.

And who can blame you? It is a bloody rip off! Mrats now want 51,000 Baht return to Newcastle in September, but the other way round it is £535. I have lauded them in the past, but at those prices they can get stuffed. China Southern it is for me...

Please stop saying (bloody rip off) to fly lhr / bkk / lhr costs more in taxes etc. than air fare, its a bargain,stop moaning go to Benidorm with Ryanair.

Happily! What is the flight number from Bangkok to the airport serving Benidorm? Thought not...

And who can blame you? It is a bloody rip off! Mrats now want 51,000 Baht return to Newcastle in September, but the other way round it is £535. I have lauded them in the past, but at those prices they can get stuffed. China Southern it is for me...

Please stop saying (bloody rip off) to fly lhr / bkk / lhr costs more in taxes etc. than air fare, its a bargain,stop moaning go to Benidorm with Ryanair.

Happily! What is the flight number from Bangkok to the airport serving Benidorm? Thought not...

Fly China Southern you say its for you, then Ryanair to ALC. All i try to do is give advice with dates and price for first time visit,the only advice is China Southern, no dates no price,no times for first time LHR alone female. My advice to OP is a direct flight, look at travelsupermarket.com it works from los this site may help others. good luck

Its £778 direct on BA that is the way to fly for first time visit for alone female.

I wouldn't wish BA on my worst enemy but seeing as it's the wife at £778, not a bad deal. wink.png

To be fair Skytrax gives BA a 4 star out of 5 star rating from 2737 reviews.

Use travelsupermarket.com and go to BA site its much cheaper than going to BA direct. Good luck and let us know how you get on.

I just booked a 3 month return for my wife (BKK-DEL-LHR) on Air India, I know, they've had some bad reviews, but mainly from people moaning about the IFE/food and service. The wife won't like the food anyway (she hasn't on previous flights with Jet, which I quite liked) it's unlikely that they'll have any Thai movies on any flight, and neither of us are regular 'bell pressers' summoning FAs.

It's a bus, in the sky. It takes you where you're going.

Anyway, it was £632. Found on skyscanner and booked through OmegaFlightstore.

The first option was another company, the price appeared slightly cheaper at first, until you got to the payment page and then they added a £12 'processing fee' so I went back to the skyscanner page and clicked the second option. OmegaFlightstore who added nothing to the quoted price.

2 hour layover on the way to London, 3 on the way back.

Oh, and the first time she visited London, she flew alone and changed planes with no problems.

You don't need to wrap them in cotton wool. As long as she can say 'London' and read the gate number on the boarding pass she'll be fine.

When we travelled together, we did pick up a couple of 'stray' Thai passengers who, at first, were nervous about changing flights. Once they saw how straightforward it was, they quickly trotted off by themselves.

OK fine. But has the OP booked the bl**** flight yet?

Gf is supposed to be coming over mid July. That is less than 6 weeks away!

I'm concerned that she might be finding him a little indecisive.

Keep me posted.

• 3 weeks later...

Booked my wife's ticket a week before she flew. Maybe I was being indecisive as well. I thought I was waiting till I had the money and the ticket was affordable.

Oh and for those who might be concerned about their Thai partner's inability to walk from one plane to another, there was no need for the cotton wool onesie. She survived!