I Really Felt Embarrassed For Someone Today

MrZM

Just to make it clear, I was in no way referring to anyone being racist, I was actually stating a fact. That most people believe that if a person is wearing a turban, they are a Sikh. Which they may not be.

I answered your question in the first paragraph.

The rest of my post was a general observation. Hence why 3 posts have been removed already.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You very clever.

My bikes have always been parked in the same position, why not rent them outside the shop!

Makes sense to me.

But I don't expect an idiot, to hit a bike, that is off the road, he was half way on the walkway, on his phone, smoking a cig when he hit it! At first he wouldn't even get out the car, as if he never did anything!

Buts that's Pattaya. Full of Dumb Asses

Edited by MrZM

It's a brand new Honda Click, (2 months old).

Never hit in the same position for the past 5 years, but it's only 2 months old.whistling.gif

So it's true what the Thai's say, If you weren't in this country, this wouldn't have happened.

Never hit in the same position for the past 5 years, but it's only 2 months old.whistling.gif

Jbrain

You wanted to give me a like for my remark? The button is there ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->

Never hit in the same position for the past 5 years, but it's only 2 months old.Posted Image

So it's true what the Thai's say, If you weren't in this country, this wouldn't have happened.

I think they som-nan-na

Never hit in the same position for the past 5 years, but it's only 2 months old.Posted Image

Jbrain

You wanted to give me a like for my remark? The button is there ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->

It's always nice to dream in life

OP if you feel so strongly about it why didn't you go after him and ask him to pay? And 1 last thing on the Sikh/Sheikh thing. Both are completely different origin so at least get it right.

The amount that farangs get ripped off in Thailand is it really that unbelievable that a bit of karmic justice was due at some point? I say good on the chap.

• Like 1

He probably is Thai. Sikhs have been living in Thailand since the end of the 19th century and there are many Thai citizens who are Sikh.

That may be so, but when talking to a Thai Thai Thai national, he is not Thai in there eyes. Regardless if they are or not.

I have rented my bikes to Thai nationals, if its been damaged they have always paid the full repair amount with no qualms.

It's funny how everyone starts to defend the one who has done wrong, certainly the biggest problem in this world.

Many foreigners have obtained citezenship also their forfathers may have come to Thailand generations ago. The Thais accept these people as Thai regardless of their ancestory. Remember most Thais are a mix of Asian anyway. I suppose the Irish and Italians that went to the US 2 centuries ago are not American in your eyes.

If this man or any other man damages your goods are you telling me you wouldn't want the repairs paid for.

Of course you would. This man regardless of race pleaded he was Thai and his cheekiness towards a Thai national was pathetic, claiming he can't afford I will give you so much!

I guarantee to you, if I hit his car with my bike and dented the body work, he would have wanted it repairing paid for by me. You all know this.

OP if you feel so strongly about it why didn't you go after him and ask him to pay? And 1 last thing on the Sikh/Sheikh thing. Both are completely different origin so at least get it right.

The amount that farangs get ripped off in Thailand is it really that unbelievable that a bit of karmic justice was due at some point? I say good on the chap.

I say your retarded.

The guy was a fool.

If hew wants to plead poverty, to escape paying, then I'm not really interested.

Don't have time for idiots.

Don't worry if karma, is real, then he will get what he deserves.

Do westerners really get ripped off? Maybe someone like yourself.

If you damage someone's property wherever you are in the world, you pay for the repair, or alternatively the insurance would could other it.

People are just really thick

Just because you speak thai, live in thai and maybe take your shoes off before you go into a shop doesn't make you thai. And to plead this to get out of paying for something is embarrassing.

Even Thais pay, when they know they have done wrong.

There are many, many Sikhs who were born in Thailand and/or are Thai citizens (including some of Thailand's wealthiest).

Edited by SteeleJoe

He probably is Thai. Sikhs have been living in Thailand since the end of the 19th century and there are many Thai citizens who are Sikh.

He will always be a farang in Thailand
He'll never be a farang in Thailand - he'll be a 'kaek'.

You say he spoke Thai almost fluently?

He would have been saying 'khon Thai' not 'khun Thai' which would suggest you can't understand Thai so wouldn't know if he spoke Thai fluently or not.

He spoke to my mother in law not me. In thai.

Judging that you misread the topic one would assume you can't read

since you say he speaks thai fluently , he probably is immersed in thai customs ( barter for the best price)

Ou can speak fluent Thai, sing the national anthem. In my eyes they are not Thai. Same as me.

If I learnt fluent Thai I would never be classed as Thai.

• Like 2

1,000 sounds like a generic rounded number. He knows(since he's a tightarse and lives here) that it is less.

What about the effort to bring the bike to a repairer and picking it up again? Perhaps they even have to order parts. Is that not worth something? I think 1000 baht sounds quite reasonable.

1,000 sounds like a generic rounded number. He knows(since he's a tightarse and lives here) that it is less.

What about the effort to bring the bike to a repairer and picking it up again? Perhaps they even have to order parts. Is that not worth something? I think 1000 baht sounds quite reasonable.

Not on a cheap Charlie forum