Thailand Elite Card To Be Relaunched In June

webfact

Hi guys :)

Have fun again with the Thailand Elite subject?

As some know, I am a member of Thailand Elite since the beginning and... I find it just great.

Now with the new 1year per stay rule it will be even better :)

I love Thailand Elite :)

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I seem to recall that a lot of the fuss last time was that people bought the card and were subsequently refused a visa. It seems that there are (or were) a lot of conditions attached to the 5 year visa beyond merely buying into the scheme.

I can just imagine the consulate/embassy saying "Sorry Mr, you not understand" when applying for the visa.

Your recalling "a lot of fuss" is simply not correct! No additional conditions whatsoever. The 5 year visas are issued by immigration in Thailand and not by any consulate/embassy abroad.

I know this is a "hate the rich" thread, but at least get your facts straight!

You must be short of memory

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/555486-thailand-elite-card-tat-hopes-to-present-revamped-project-to-cabinet-by-end-of-may/?p=5773405

There was even a time period they were unable to issue new visas to those that needed them and members were told to get tourist visas.

What I don't understand is, You have not got the card, you dont want the card, you dont like the card. Fair enough ......

Why even reply to this thread to only stir people up ?

Oh is this a thread open for Elite card members only, I wasn't aware of that.Why not ask for a private forum?

The reason I posted is that Soi 41 posted that there NEVER was a period that NO visa's were issued to Elite card members. He even admitted it on the open forum at that time, but the post is removed.

I only posted a post FROM an Elite card member ( Bamboo2) who posted that there was a period that NO visa's were issued.

But the truth seemingly hurts, isn't it?

By the way how about all the other promises that were made at the time you purchased the card and were removed one by one .

Edited by jbrain

Hi guys smile.png

As some know, I am a member of Thailand Elite since the beginning and... I find it just great.

Now with the new 1year per stay rule it will be even better smile.png

I love Thailand Elite smile.png

So is yours going to change? if the 1 year per is better what was it before.. i'm really confused.. i thought you got a 5 year visa before!

Will you have to pay 20kb a year, when before you didn't

Hi guys smile.png

So is yours going to change? if the 1 year per is better what was it before.. i'm really confused.. i thought you got a 5 year visa before!

It was a 5 year visa for a 90 day stay, The stay could be extended for another 90 days without leaving the country.

now they are changing it to a 1 year stay.

The visa is renewable every 5 years.

There was no yearly fee before but there will be now.

Once the hold the card they will be entitled to a five-year visa – good for up to one year’s stay following each arrival – and accelerated immigration services at airports.

Will they have to report their stay every 90 days at (any) immigration office?

Sorry jbrain, I'm too old and not bored enough to play with you.

You don't want the card so why not leave it for helpful posts for people who are interested, I'm sure the bars are open by now ?

You prefer to live in denial you will mean.

You don't need to play, just tell the members here if there was a period after Thaksin was ousted that new Visa WERE NOT ISSUED to Elite card members or not.

And no I will not go away. This is a FORUM

fo·rum

/ˈfôrəm/
Noun
  1. A meeting or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged.
  2. An Internet message board.
Edited by jbrain

I seem to recall that a lot of the fuss last time was that people bought the card and were subsequently refused a visa. It seems that there are (or were) a lot of conditions attached to the 5 year visa beyond merely buying into the scheme.

I can just imagine the consulate/embassy saying "Sorry Mr, you not understand" when applying for the visa.

Your recalling "a lot of fuss" is simply not correct! No additional conditions whatsoever. The 5 year visas are issued by immigration in Thailand and not by any consulate/embassy abroad.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/555486-thailand-elite-card-tat-hopes-to-present-revamped-project-to-cabinet-by-end-of-may/?p=5773405

There was even a time period they were unable to issue new visas to those that needed them and members were told to get tourist visas.

What I don't understand is, You have not got the card, you dont want the card, you dont like the card. Fair enough ......

Why even reply to this thread to only stir people up ?

Oh is this a thread open for Elite card members only, I wasn't aware of that.Why not ask for a private forum?

The reason I posted is that Soi 41 posted that there NEVER was a period that NO visa's were issued to Elite card members. He even admitted it on the open forum at that time, but the post is removed.

I only posted a post FROM an Elite card member ( Bamboo2) who posted that there was a period that NO visa's were issued.

But the truth seemingly hurts, isn't it?

You are right. There has been a short moment when the renewal of the visa was a bit unsure.

But that was under the Democrat administration. Apparently the Democrats did not agree with the idea of having wealthy foreigners come to Thailand. So, they wanted to close the program to make space for backpackers and families. Or maybe it was just to upset Thaksin, not sure. I don't think that the reason was to make the Thaivisa members happy, but who knows...

Anyway, don't worry! The Democrats are gone now. The program is safe. It will never happen again. And the Elite members are happy... and I am sure that this good news fills your heart with happiness for them too, right?

:)

You are right. There has been a short moment when the renewal of the visa was a bit unsure.

But that was under the Democrat administration. Apparently the Democrats did not agree with the idea of having wealthy foreigners come to Thailand. So, they wanted to close the program to make space for backpackers and families. Or maybe it was just to upset Thaksin, not sure. I don't think that the reason was to make the Thaivisa members happy, but who knows...

Anyway, don't worry! The Democrats are gone now. The program is safe. It will never happen again. And the Elite members are happy... and I am sure that this good news fills your heart with happiness for them too, right?

smile.png

The renewal a bit unsure ? you mean there were none at all?

So the democrats are gone, away for ever, never to return ?

Sweet dreams my friend, but you could wake up to a cold shower next year or the year thereafter when the democrats are reelected, not to say in a few months after the next coup.

Edited by jbrain

smile.png

Sweet dreams my friend, but you could wake up to a cold shower next year or the year thereafter when the democrats are reelected, not to say in a few months after the next coup.

Oh dear, It seems that you will just argue with anyone over anything for no reason.

If I ever get that bored, will someone please shoot me.

I guess at 11pm you must be well oiled by now....

I'll leave you to it.

Take care.

smile.png

Oh dear, It seems that you will just argue with anyone over anything for no reason.

I'll leave you to it.

Take care.

You said before that you left the conversation, and now again, says a lot of your credibility.

Throwing some insults as well that I'm an alcoholic. Let me tell you, I haven't touched alcohol in the last 6 weeks, and haven't visited a bar for the past 2 years.

The point is that you can't admit that you bought into a lose=lose scam scheme

de·ni·al

/diˈnīəl/
Noun
  1. The action of declaring something to be untrue: "she shook her head in denial".
  2. The refusal of something requested or desired.

Does it come with a LIFETIME CALIFORNIA WOW MEMBERSHIP at all closed gyms and a FREE JETSKI rental at a beach polluted with pee and pooooooop?

Now, I don't really care about the offered 24 annual golf and or spa visits...

But if they had included 24 annual jet ski rides at Phuket or Pattaya, then I would have signed up in a flash!!! biggrin.png

BTW, does any of this latest coverage make any mention of the voided rights/privileges that were yanked from the suckers who bought the original privilege cards???

Does it come with a LIFETIME CALIFORNIA WOW MEMBERSHIP at all closed gyms and a FREE JETSKI rental at a beach polluted with pee and pooooooop?

Now, I don't really care about the offered 24 annual golf and or spa visits...

But if they had included 24 annual jet ski rides at Phuket or Pattaya, then I would have signed up in a flash!!! biggrin.png

BTW, does any of this latest coverage make any mention of the voided rights/privileges that were yanked from the suckers who bought the original privilege cards???

Yes, they mentioned that those privileges are still voided and that they will make some additional reductions after they have let their dosh.

smile.png

I'll leave you to it.

Take care.

You said before that you left the conversation, and now again, says a lot of your credibility.

Throwing some insults as well that I'm an alcoholic. Let me tell you, I haven't touched alcohol in the last 6 weeks, and haven't visited a bar for the past 2 years.

The point is that you can't admit that you bought into a lose=lose scam scheme

de·ni·al

/diˈnīəl/
Noun
  1. The action of declaring something to be untrue: "she shook her head in denial".
  2. The refusal of something requested or desired.

I always thought der Nile was a river

Because a TVmember (bamboo2) with 5 posts here, claims that no 5 year visas was issued during a period of time, and you choose to believe him, does not make it the holy truth! rolleyes.gif

Because of my passport expired, when the card was really in limbo, at the end of the Abhisit government, I was a little worried about getting a new 5 year visa. Called TPC, who booked a time for me at immigration, went there and 5 minutes later, I had a new 5 year visa in my passport.

And that was at a time, when the card only survived, because the TPC managed to drag their feet, so the parliament (Abhisit) didn't have time to close it, while still in power.

So honestly I don't believe that bamboo2 has got it right.

And the post where I according to you admitted, that you were right, has magically disappearedcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Hi guys smile.png

It was a 5 year visa for a 90 day stay, The stay could be extended for another 90 days without leaving the country.

Ok. so the new rules apply to the old cards.. Got it. I think..

I presume being members that they Elite card have contacted you and confirmed this?

Hi guys smile.png

Well boys and girls, it would seem it's not just Thais who don't like to lose face! smile.png

Hi guys smile.png

Ok. so the new rules apply to the old cards.. Got it. I think..

I presume being members that they Elite card have contacted you and confirmed this?

Only by phone, I called them.

Nothing offical yet by post or e-mail so things could change as indeed they usually do :-)

Hi guys smile.png

Well boys and girls, it would seem it's not just Thais who don't like to lose face! smile.png

Please explain ?

Nothing to lose face about, The system was in place for a long time, I got mine in 2006/7 and it's still in operation.

I'm not understanding comments that think the system is dead. Didn't we have these silly "Thai Elite Hating Posts" a few years ago when it was in trouble but managed to survive ?

No-one is losing face in something that still works ?

Because a TVmember (bamboo2) with 5 posts here, claims that no 5 year visas was issued during a period of time, and you choose to believe him, does not make it the holy truth! rolleyes.gif

Because of my passport expired, when the card was really in limbo, at the end of the Abhisit government, I was a little worried about getting a new 5 year visa. Called TPC, who booked a time for me at immigration, went there and 5 minutes later, I had a new 5 year visa in my passport.

And that was at a time, when the card only survived, because the TPC managed to drag their feet, so the parliament (Abhisit) didn't have time to close it, while still in power.

So honestly I don't believe that bamboo2 has got it right.

And the post where I according to you admitted, that you were right, has magically disappearedcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

The post hasn't " disappeared " the whole conversation was removed because you were throwing insults.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/555486-thailand-elite-card-tat-hopes-to-present-revamped-project-to-cabinet-by-end-of-may/?p=5774740

Inflammatory posts and replies have been removed.

By the way did you notice what Wordchild said in that same thread?

Wordchild said : never said anything of the sort, please re-read my posts. in fact bamboo2,s comment "good but not great" would be a pretty accurate summary of my own views on the whole thing.

Edited by jbrain

This is the next level of prostitution, congratulations!

I'm especially pleased to know that a long term visa can be purchased with 2ML and 20.000 Baht fee, while a miserable resident who has been working here for years and has a family must renew his visa every year and report to the immigration every 90 days af if he was a criminal.

Again, congratulations!

Edited by Italian guy

I'm especially pleased to know that a long term visa can be purchased with 2ML and 20.000 Baht fee, while a miserable resident who has been working here for years and has a family must renew his visa every year and report to the immigration every 90 days af if he was a criminal.

Again, congratulations!

I think we will all agree with you there, This card isnt about being nice to people it's about the usual bunch making money.

Again, congratulations!

Those who cough up 2 million also have to report to immigration every 90 days like criminals.

Again, congratulations!

Those who cough up 2 million also have to report to immigration every 90 days like criminals.

No one has to report in person.. we can be letter posting criminal likenesses

Hi guys smile.png

Please explain ?

Nothing to lose face about, The system was in place for a long time, I got mine in 2006/7 and it's still in operation.

I'm not understanding comments that think the system is dead. Didn't we have these silly "Thai Elite Hating Posts" a few years ago when it was in trouble but managed to survive ?

No-one is losing face in something that still works ?

Well as long as you're happy that's the main thing. I'm sure TAT will be happy to hear they have at least three satisfied customers who won't be claiming any of the 2.5 billion baht they put aside as compensation for those who weren't when the scheme was abandoned before.